Rangers v Celtic - The Old Allocation Derby

On 03/09/2023 at 14:05, Salt n Vinegar said:

Can't complain.

Powder puff up front where the quality is so important. Simple truth is that the front signings are not even SPL quality, never mind Europe quality.

Long season ahead.

Some decent players in the Saudi league to be fair.

4 hours ago, AJF said:

I’d imagine soft foul is one that, as you suggest, is considered supported by the laws yet appears to be subjective. I’d say this probably falls under that category given the variance in opinion on it.

Unusual I know, but have to agree with Jinky. There is absolutely no thing as a soft foul. "Soft fouls" don't exist. If it's a foul, it's a foul, if it's not a foul, it's not a foul. Perfectly simple, a bit like me.

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Unusual I know, but have to agree with Jinky. There is absolutely no thing as a soft foul. "Soft fouls" don't exist. If it's a foul, it's a foul, if it's not a foul, it's not a foul. Perfectly simple, a bit like me.

Totally get that, but it’s a regularly used term in the footballing world so I was giving what my interpretation of the term was. Essentially a subjective call that can be supported by the laws of the game but often treated differently.

I’m not really arguing it isn’t a foul to be honest.

Edited by AJF

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If we want to be pedantic there's definitely such thing as a soft foul as in if you're a referee and someone two foots a c**t and sends them 2 metres in the air that's more of an obvious foul than someone slightly knicking into someone's trailing leg. 

8 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

If we want to be pedantic there's definitely such thing as a soft foul as in if you're a referee and someone two foots a c**t and sends them 2 metres in the air that's more of an obvious foul than someone slightly knicking into someone's trailing leg. 

miller-tackle.gif.53c9d9d3cf03fb1c483c69f6a927bdda.gifSo it wasn't a yellow card?

Edited by willywastecoat

57 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

There is no grading a foul. If you break someone's leg in two places, it's a foul.  If you grab somebody's shirt, it's a foul. The punishment will be different, but they're both fouls.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There is no grading a foul. If you break someone's leg in two places, it's a foul.  If you grab somebody's shirt, it's a foul. The punishment will be different, but they're both fouls.

Yes, but some fouls are more clear cut and self evident than others.

Arguing otherwise is a bit daft.

17 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

13 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, but some fouls are more clear cut and self evident than others.

Arguing otherwise is a bit daft.

As MT says.. I'm not arguing that and nobody else is. A soft decision in this case is fair imo whether it was ultimately wrong or not. If Dessers had 2 footed the celtc CB this wouldn't be a talking point.

I've already said our shite display isn't covered by this decision, we didn't deserve to win or draw no matter how that decision went but let's not pretend it's not relatively contentious therefore a talking point. 

Edited by RuMoore