Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager 2023 Edition

Who will be Hibernian's Next Permanent Manager?  

315 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He's a decent lower league English manager but he's another fucking minter of a man. Hibs seem to love that in their appointments of absolute belters though.

If they were going down the English league route again, should have looked at Gary Bowyer for a bit of class instead.

7 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

Depends what Hibs are after tbh.ย 

If they're looking to short term fix then Mcinnes would be a great shout.

Not so good if they are looking long term.

It's surely the absolute opposite for McInnes. His whole strength is in building for the long-term, he did an amazing job at it at Aberdeen, even if it went stale 8 years down the line, and you can see him starting to do the same thing with us after a relatively shaky start.

I've taken a hammering from my hibs pals for suggesting this but I'd take Bartley.ย 

He is relatively inexperienced as a manager but since his move into coaching at Livingston I've been struck by how compellingly he speaks about the game and life generally, I think after Johnsonisms for 15 or so months the players will respond well to that.ย 

It's hard to say what role he played at Livi but from a biased perspective it felt like they took a hit with him leaving, albeit they've now recovered and indeed did us a favour yesterday.ย 

As far as I'm aware he's done well at Queen of the South, albeit missing out on the playoffs last season after playing themselves into contention isn't great.

Importantly he's been working with a fair spread of Hibs youngsters there and you'd hope he'd maybe be able to bring some of that to, well, Hibs. It shows too that he keeps good contacts within the game, and having previously worked well with Eddie Howe maybe we might be able to profit from his position at Newcastle were Bartley to come to Hibs.

Clearly he loves the club, we were his door into the Scottish Game and he's spoken about how gutted he was when his time came to an end and generally always says the right things about us.

Importantly none of the other names suggested really inspire me with much hope. I note Chris Wilder is on the list up there but not sure that's realistic.

We've tried inexperience with Maloney and we experienced enough of Johnson, both of those guys lack the charisma that Bartley has.ย 

Frankly I've talked myself into this course of action to such a degree I'll be gutted if it doesn't happen.ย 

Edited by Chefki Kuqi

ย 

7 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

He is relatively inexperienced as a manager but since his move into coaching at Livingston I've been struck by how compellingly he speaks about the game and life generally, I think after Johnsonisms for 15 or so months the players will respond well to that.ย 

It's hard to say what role he played at Livi but from a biased perspective it felt like they took a hit with him leaving, albeit they've now recovered and indeed did us a favour yesterday.ย 

He was doing our defensive coaching while he was assistant manager. He left and we brought in Christophe Berra, and our defending turned to absolute shite.ย 

Defensive coaching a definite priority for Hibs tbf

58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's surely the absolute opposite for McInnes. His whole strength is in building for the long-term, he did an amazing job at it at Aberdeen, even if it went stale 8 years down the line, and you can see him starting to do the same thing with us after a relatively shaky start.

Yes, but he'll want full control of incomings. Hibs aren't running that model.

Technically thereโ€™s no such thing as a permanent manager, unless of course your name is Dick Campbell and your club is Arbroath.

Jesus though that list is grim, I hope that no one on it gets near the job.

None more so than McInnes, Iโ€™ve got Aberdeen supporting pals that genuinely no longer care about football at all after 20+ years supporting the club prior due to that man sucking the soul out of their enjoyment for football, plus, a decent start to the season aside, heโ€™s hardly set the heather alight at Killie.

Hopefully itโ€™s someone from abroad, Hearts & Aberdeen were linked with Cifuentes which would be interesting, would be okay with a Wilder type too.

Voted Yogi though for the laughs.

Edited by Les Cabbage

44 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

None more so than McInnes, Iโ€™ve got Aberdeen supporting pals that genuinely no longer care about football at all after 20+ years supporting the club prior due to that man sucking the soul out of their enjoyment for football, plus, a decent start to the season aside, heโ€™s hardly set the heather alight at Killie.

These sound like the same sort of people who have chased manager after manager out of the door at Hibs because they have ideas above their station about what the club should be achieving and how they should be doing so.

Imagine trying to logically justify the idea that after watching your club be almost exclusively shite for 20 years, with only a brief uptick under Jimmy Calderwood, hardly the most inspiring manager himself, you would be driven away by actually finally winning a trophy, reaching lots of cup semis and finals, finishing 2nd in the league numerous times and various decent European runs.

I can understand fans getting fed up by the end, but imagine claiming with a straight face that losing 9-0 to Celtic was fine, but not managing to topple their invincible side at Hampden was the final straw.

8 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

ย 

ย 

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ if these people exist theyโ€™re fucking wallopers.ย 

9 hours ago, LiviLion said:

ย 

He was doing our defensive coaching while he was assistant manager. He left and we brought in Christophe Berra, and our defending turned to absolute shite.ย 

Defensive coaching a definite priority for Hibs tbf

Bartley's defensive coaching master class shipped 4 shambolic first half goals at home to Alloa in our first league game FFS ...

OK, we've looked a bit tighter since then, but we've still gone behind to the league's basement clubs Edinburgh and Annan.

I like Marvin, he's media savvy and talks well ... but to jump from mid-table tier 3 to what should be a top tier contender after only a handful of games in charge ... dearie me ...

18 hours ago, welldaft said:

Who knows ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ.

Depends what his ambitions are. He may well get a better job if he continues to make St Mirren a mid table to top half side. He would however definitely get a bigger job if he can turn around Hibs fortunes.

Stuart Kettlewell then......

**strokes white cat as he sits in the Hibs Boardroom **

13 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

Del boy to get the job to replace the original Del boy.ย 

He has 3 years left on his contract and is part way throu what he sees as a project. Taking into account the free reign he has under Billy Bowie I doubt he'll give that up at present.

Derek McInnes: "I've known for a while that Kilmarnock is the place that I wanted to commit my future to, so I'm really pleased that the extension has now been agreed. The club has come a long way since we joined forces in January and I'm looking forward to the next stage."

Edited by C4mmy31

34 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ if these people exist theyโ€™re fucking wallopers.ย 

Would be surprised.

A lad at my work didn't renew his season ticket after we finished second because the football was so grim. He was driving in every weekend from Alford though.