Dundee United v Airdrieonians

Looking forward to this one despite the prices, as it feels like a nice change to be playing Dundee United in a league game for the first time in ages. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Airdrie beat Dundee United, just several pumpings at home in the cup and a cruel defeat at Tannadice about 15 years ago when we conceded right at the end if extra time.

This will probably be our toughest game yet. We’ve done very well so far this season, in both the league and the cup, but an away trip to the clear league favourites will be a good test for our squad. Dundee United have had a decent start since their disastrous cup campaign, with two comprehensive away wins either side of struggling to break down Dunfermline (we know that feeling!) and will fancy their chances on Saturday. 

Frizzell being suspended is a blow, particularly with us already being a bit light in midfield at the moment with Telfer and McCabe’s injuries and Devenny finally moving on. If Telfer is fit he’ll start alongside McMaster and Aiken but otherwise we might need to change shape, as I don’t think McCabe will throw in Gavin Gallagher or McStravick this early.

17 minutes ago, Mr November said:

Looking forward to this one despite the prices, as it feels like a nice change to be playing Dundee United in a league game for the first time in ages. I don’t think I’ve ever seen Airdrie beat Dundee United, just several pumpings at home in the cup and a cruel defeat at Tannadice about 15 years ago when we conceded right at the end if extra time.

This will probably be our toughest game yet. We’ve done very well so far this season, in both the league and the cup, but an away trip to the clear league favourites will be a good test for our squad. Dundee United have had a decent start since their disastrous cup campaign, with two comprehensive away wins either side of struggling to break down Dunfermline (we know that feeling!) and will fancy their chances on Saturday. 

Frizzell being suspended is a blow, particularly with us already being a bit light in midfield at the moment with Telfer and McCabe’s injuries and Devenny finally moving on. If Telfer is fit he’ll start alongside McMaster and Aiken but otherwise we might need to change shape, as I don’t think McCabe will throw in Gavin Gallagher or McStravick this early.

Todorov in behind Gall 

Should be an interesting game!

We seem to be improving rapidly after a disaster of a league cup campaign.

Airdrie have had a great start in the league cup and league, beating both Dundee and Partick and running Ross County close. 

I’ll go for a narrow home win (obviously) with Airdrie missing key players in midfield and us having home advantage.  

There won’t be much in it I suspect. All the best. 

Think the last game against United that I attended was a 6-2 ?? home defeat in the Cup at NB. I remember it well as I won over £300 in the half time draw!!!  
As we were losing 6-0 nearing the end I decided to go out to claim my money at the club shop missing both our goals in the process!! 
Lucky white heather!! - sort of 😂😂😂

C’mon the ♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️♦️

I remember an off the ball joke from about redacted years ago.

”I couldn’t decide between watching the football and watching the rugby so I compromised and went to watch Airdrie”.

Are they still a dirty team?

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I remember an off the ball joke from about redacted years ago.

”I couldn’t decide between watching the football and watching the rugby so I compromised and went to watch Airdrie”.

Are they still a dirty team?

Yes. Fans are much the same too. 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

I’m just glad not to be sharing a forum with Airdrie fans. 

So you're glad to be languishing in the third tier and likely to stay there for another season given how Falkirk and the Accies have started, but that's ok, because...Airdrie fans...

Ooft

Just now, cb_diamond said:

So you're glad to be languishing in the third tier and likely to stay there for another season given how Falkirk and the Accies have started, but that's ok, because...Airdrie fans...

Ooft

You’d know all about languishing in the third tier. 

Just now, cb_diamond said:

Loads and loads which makes you stamping your feet even funnier. Some nick you're in on an Airdrie-Dundee Utd thread. 

I’m definitely not stamping my feet. Airdries most successful period was when they were called Clydebank. V v v small club. 

16 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I’m definitely not stamping my feet. Airdries most successful period was when they were called Clydebank. V v v small club. 

Most stamping your feet post ever… now off you pop back to the threads of league  one supporting… queen of the south 😂

Assuming this is the first time we've met in the league since 95/96 in the old First Division? We struggled against Airdrie that season and failed to win a game IIRC. Remember us going down to nine men at Tannadice in a Christmas time fixture and another game I think we lost a couple of late goals. This'll be a tough one as well. Still not convinced we're well equipped to break teams down at home and expect Airdrie to do well this season.