Dundee United v Airdrieonians

2 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Ayr and Arbroath tried that and it suited us, Dunfermline sat in and it frustrated us big time. 

It probably does suit yous just like it suited Ross county but we very nearly outscored them. Also sitting in doesn’t suit us at all so would be shocked if we set up any other way.

2 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I'll echo this, please 

You should probably check the Council website as there are new parking restrictions around Tannadice on match days and they're being enforced quite rigorously.  There's plenty of on street parking just don't get too close to the ground. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

You should probably check the Council website as there are new parking restrictions around Tannadice on match days and they're being enforced quite rigorously.  There's plenty of on street parking just don't get too close to the ground. 

Is there signage that tells you where the restrictions are or is just a case of - drive a few blocks away and you should be OK?

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I had looked at round about the Fairfield bowling club/fairmuir park direction and walking over. I'll have a wee look at the council website, thank you.

Edited by ++Ammo - Airdrie++

28 minutes ago, She who dares gins said:

Is there signage that tells you where the restrictions are or is just a case of - drive a few blocks away and you should be OK?

Yes there are signs telling you you are entering the restricted zone.

If you get there in decent time there should usually be no bother south of the ground Dens Rd, Isla St, Main St, Mains Rd, Canning St.

As for the game I think Airdrie would be making a mistake going toe to toe. Defence isn't our problem, its creativity.

Obviously Arbroath and Ayr are stinking but they barely managed a shot between them.

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Yes there are signs telling you you are entering the restricted zone.

If you get there in decent time there should usually be no bother south of the ground Dens Rd, Isla St, Main St, Mains Rd, Canning St.

As for the game I think Airdrie would be making a mistake going toe to toe. Defence isn't our problem, its creativity.

Obviously Arbroath and Ayr are stinking but they barely managed a shot between them.

Thanks - appreciate the advice. I don’t think we know how not to go toe to toe. It’s McCabeball and we don’t go into any game to sit back or let the other team control things. Looking forward to this one. Been years since I visited Tannadice. 

This game will be a test of McCabes metal,   without IMO our best 3 midfielders,   we will not outscore United at Tannadice in a shoot out,  .

You can still play to win without going 'gung ho'.  As we have all said and now not seemingly a concern,  we are a very young side,  defeats are part and parcel of all levels of football,  we have to avoid a ' sair yin' at all costs,  Football is about confidence , ours is high at the moment..

United will win this league at a canter,  budget wise, player wise, club size etc,  

First real test for McCabe this season away from home, against a top side, with your starting midfield missing,   

When did away fans start getting dumped behind the goal in the old enclosure, is it not usually part of the fair play stand or whatever it's called these days..

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

This game will be a test of McCabes metal,   without IMO our best 3 midfielders,   we will not outscore United at Tannadice in a shoot out,  .

You can still play to win without going 'gung ho'.  As we have all said and now not seemingly a concern,  we are a very young side,  defeats are part and parcel of all levels of football,  we have to avoid a ' sair yin' at all costs,  Football is about confidence , ours is high at the moment..

United will win this league at a canter,  budget wise, player wise, club size etc,  

First real test for McCabe this season away from home, against a top side, with your starting midfield missing,   

When did away fans start getting dumped behind the goal in the old enclosure, is it not usually part of the fair play stand or whatever it's called these days..

If you go in the fair play then then Utd, with a heavy heart, would have no choice but to charge you 27 quid.

12 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

If you go in the fair play then then Utd, with a heavy heart, would have no choice but to charge you 27 quid.

Oh what the hell , it's only another 2 quid...

In all seriousness I would have thought the championship would have limits to what you can charge for admission,  we moaned when we went from 18 to 20  this season...

What do you guys feel about it, or is that the price for expected success

51 minutes ago, Passionate said:

I'd guess most threads regarding our home games this season will have complaints about the ticket price and rightly so: you'll not find many United fans disagreeing, as we too have been fleeced for by our own management. They offered season ticket renewal at top league prices in April, with a promise of refunds if relegated, but that hasn't exactly worked as we perhaps hoped.

As for expecting success, I think with our crowds it's not overreaching ourselves to be looking for automatic promotion, and in any case our owner promised that relegation was no big deal when it was on the horizon most of last season.

'Go United'.

If the club is going to fleece away fans the least we can do as subservient and docile supporters is to rub their faces in it.

I reckon we should change the name of the ‘Fair Play Stand’ to the ‘You’re Only Here To See United’ stand.

BTW just wait until the Airdie fans realise it’s £6 for a hot dog and 50p each for mustard and ketchup.

4 hours ago, Passionate said:

Oh what the hell , it's only another 2 quid...

In all seriousness I would have thought the championship would have limits to what you can charge for admission,  we moaned when we went from 18 to 20  this season...

Well it was the price of unmitigated fucking disaster last year.

It's shite and embarrassing that the club would do this to visiting fans.

There should really be controls on what clubs can charge fans.