Dundee United v Airdrieonians

Just now, Passionate said:

This is a walk in the park,  you should have seen the Falkirk match threads last season,  they were box office. ..  😄

I loved those threads, genuinely had a couple of the most slabbery mouthed Grangemouthians on strings every time. They're some bunch of lads.

Edited by cb_diamond

18 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I agree that tickets should be increasing slightly as the cost of running a club is increasing, but I think fans annoyance is more that Utd's pricing is much higher (relatively speaking) than others. It is 25% more expensive for me to watch Dundee Utd v Airdrie than it is for me to watch Airdrie v Dundee Utd. Dundee Utd already blow us out the water in terms of support which gives a huge financial advantage, so the extra cost just seems excessive. The supply and demand argument can't be used either given there will be thousands of empty seats.

Like I said above, if Dundee Utd can still get the same crowds charging this then good luck to them, they are doing what's best for them. But I get why fans aren't happy paying it.

United have over 5000 season ticket holders so for most games the bulk of the home support wont be paying at the gate.  Not justifying the prices but need to take in consideration United have taken a big financial hit being relegated from The Premiership with a lot of the players still on Premiership wages. So squad wise and facilities we are still operating as a Premiership side. That will change if we don't get back up first time and some severe cuts will have to happen. Airdrie on the other hand are on an upward trajectory and your squad is probably better balanced financially for playing in this league. 

Looking forward to the game getting to play one of the traditional top league Scottish sides that have spent some time in the wilderness. Used to enjoy the trips to the old Broomfield which was always a tricky venue and sparring with the Section B. 😀

1 minute ago, arabdelic said:

United have over 5000 season ticket holders so for most games the bulk of the home support wont be paying at the gate.  Not justifying the prices but need to take in consideration United have taken a big financial hit being relegated from The Premiership with a lot of the players still on Premiership wages. So squad wise and facilities we are still operating as a Premiership side. That will change if we don't get back up first time and some severe cuts will have to happen. Airdrie on the other hand are on an upward trajectory and your squad is probably better balanced financially for playing in this league. 

Looking forward to the game getting to play one of the traditional top league Scottish sides that have spent some time in the wilderness. Used to enjoy the trips to the old Broomfield which was always a tricky venue and sparring with the Section B. 😀

The Airdrieonians that was in the top flight is long since dead. The current Airdrieonians hasn’t been in the top flight since it used to be called Clydebank. 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

The Airdrieonians that was in the top flight is long since dead. The current Airdrieonians hasn’t been in the top flight since it used to be called Clydebank. 

Yes I am well aware of the Airdrie United thing. 

Just now, MazzyStar said:

Hilarious, isn’t it? 

The funny thing is when Rangers died and rewrote the rule book on what a club and company is Airdrie United suddenly realised we don't need the United bit we can just pretend like them nothing changed. 

6 hours ago, arabdelic said:

The funny thing is when Rangers died and rewrote the rule book on what a club and company is Airdrie United suddenly realised we don't need the United bit we can just pretend like them nothing changed. 

Airdrie fans have no luck when it comes to football. Their wee team died in 2002 and then their big team died ten years later. 

Edited by MazzyStar