Dundee United v Airdrieonians

I think the last Utd v Airdrie game I was at was a Scottish Cup tie at Tannadice around 1999 or 2000 

It ended up being a crazy game that United comfortably won 4-1 but ref Alan Freeland completely lost the plot and control of the game resulting in 4 red cards being issued with both sides being reduced to 9 men.

1 hour ago, Diamonds02 said:

Don’t know if United fans think we’ll be sitting behind the ball and be tough to break down but it’ll be the exact opposite. Think this one is more likely to finish 5-4 than 1-0.

Interesting, I was definitely thinking a low scoring affair! Would have thought Airdrie would happily camp in and try to take a point? 

50 minutes ago, UtdFan said:

Interesting, I was definitely thinking a low scoring affair! Would have thought Airdrie would happily camp in and try to take a point? 

Absolutely not. If Utd force Airdrie into doing that with relentless pressure then fair enough, but one thing I will say, regardless of opponent, McCabe won't change his style. We've seen it going down to 10 and being hit for 6, but he 100% won't set the team up to camp for a point. I don't really want to make a prediction for this because I wouldn't be surprised at utd winning 4 zip, but I also wouldn't be surprised if Airdrie nicked it 2-1. Should be a cracker anyway

I think the only game McCabe has set up defensively was the play-off second leg at Falkirk, when we played a very low block and were content to just sit in, let Brad McKay make an arse of things and watch Falkirk run out of ideas very quickly. That obviously had the caveat that we were 6-2 up on aggregate though. McCabe can be a bit more streetwise than he lets on but we'll absolutely have a go on Saturday, there's a reason we haven't had a 0-0 under McCabe.

3 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Don’t know if United fans think we’ll be sitting behind the ball and be tough to break down but it’ll be the exact opposite. Think this one is more likely to finish 5-4 than 1-0.

To make this a REAL goal fest, how about a gentleman's agreement to play the Aussie "goalkeeper" for a half each? Anybody????? It'd really put him in the shop window 

6 hours ago, Diamonds02 said:

Ayr and Arbroath tried that and it suited us, Dunfermline sat in and it frustrated us big time.