Dundee United v Airdrieonians

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Well it was the price of unmitigated fucking disaster last year.

It's shite and embarrassing that the club would do this to visiting fans.

There should really be controls on what clubs can charge fans.

Pricing ain't the fans fault, at least home supporters of various clubs are recognising its f*cking ridiculous, as are visiting fans. but the bottom line is, that's the price, clubs will say "pay it or don't". I think we can all agree, your entry and out pies are ludicrous.

Anyway, f*ckin inty this gang.

thanks.

3 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Well it was the price of unmitigated fucking disaster last year.

It's shite and embarrassing that the club would do this to visiting fans.

There should really be controls on what clubs can charge fans.

Controls by whom?

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Controls by whom?

The SPFL by substitution of "the home club" with "the board" in I26 of the rules and regulations of the SPFL.

The SPFL and SFA already give themselves the power to determine minimum prices in knock out competition so it wouldn't be a stretch to determine maximums for league matches.

26 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

Was contemplating going to Tannadice for the first time in many years, but refuse to pay stupid prices even for a concession.

Don’t blame you at all, ridiculous prices when you add in travel, food etc too. 

17 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Pricing ain't the fans fault, at least home supporters of various clubs are recognising its f*cking ridiculous, as are visiting fans. but the bottom line is, that's the price, clubs will say "pay it or don't". I think we can all agree, your entry and out pies are ludicrous.

Anyway, f*ckin inty this gang.

thanks.

It's not the fans' fault, but we do have a role to play in the pricing by deciding whether we will accept it or not. If away supports at Tannadice this season continue to be healthy then prices will remain the same, and rise again in a year or two. It will also soon drive up prices for the rest of the league as other clubs realise they can get away with the same, and that cycle will repeat indefinitely until clubs see attendances drop.

You are right that in the short term clubs will have a 'pay it or don't attitude', but that can only be sustained so long if attendances take a hit and they are losing money. It's up to people to decide what they are willing to pay and it's entirely up to them, I wouldn't judge them either way. For me I refuse to pay that much so won't go.

Although my resolve may be tested come the title decider in late February...

I'm not sure how excited I can get about the scandalous ticket prices. Everything is now ridiculously expensive and it's just the way of the world, sadly. Relative to inflation elsewhere in the economy the price of tickets hasn't gone up by an unusual amount. Of course you can argue that the starting price was too high already (it was) and that football is a luxury which some consumers (forgive me) might choose to forego, in a way which they might not be able to when compared with other expenses (which is probably true as well). But, when my weekly food shop has gone up by £20 - £30 and my fuel costs by £10 - £15, it seems a bit overblown to be getting upset about about an extra couple of quid getting into a game of football.

18 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

The £25 for an adult is very pricey but I could just about accept that. Today I realise for me and 2 boys (both 13) I’m expected to fork out £75. Can get that to f**k though. Surely it should be an under 16 gate at the very least. 

You'll be £55 no? 25 quid for you and 15 each for two concessions. Still pricy of course, at that age I'd be buying them a couple of under 12 tickets.

5 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

The £25 for an adult is very pricey but I could just about accept that. Today I realise for me and 2 boys (both 13) I’m expected to fork out £75. Can get that to f**k though. Surely it should be an under 16 gate at the very least. 

3 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

You'll be £55 no? 25 quid for you and 15 each for two concessions. Still pricy of course, at that age I'd be buying them a couple of under 12 tickets.

Yeah, the kids will be concessions.

49 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm not sure how excited I can get about the scandalous ticket prices. Everything is now ridiculously expensive and it's just the way of the world, sadly. Relative to inflation elsewhere in the economy the price of tickets hasn't gone up by an unusual amount. Of course you can argue that the starting price was too high already (it was) and that football is a luxury which some consumers (forgive me) might choose to forego, in a way which they might not be able to when compared with other expenses (which is probably true as well). But, when my weekly food shop has gone up by £20 - £30 and my fuel costs by £10 - £15, it seems a bit overblown to be getting upset about about an extra couple of quid getting into a game of football.

Cost of a ticket against Airdrie back in 1995 was £10 (I think). Inflation would make that £20 now. So £25 isn't mad. Unpalatable perhaps.

3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It's not the fans' fault, but we do have a role to play in the pricing by deciding whether we will accept it or not. If away supports at Tannadice this season continue to be healthy then prices will remain the same, and rise again in a year or two. It will also soon drive up prices for the rest of the league as other clubs realise they can get away with the same, and that cycle will repeat indefinitely until clubs see attendances drop.

You are right that in the short term clubs will have a 'pay it or don't attitude', but that can only be sustained so long if attendances take a hit and they are losing money. It's up to people to decide what they are willing to pay and it's entirely up to them, I wouldn't judge them either way. For me I refuse to pay that much so won't go.

Although my resolve may be tested come the title decider in late February...

I remember a few years ago in the L1 forum, I think it was Stenny or Montrose or someone on our thread complaining about the cost of getting in and parking at our place and the general consensus was "we know it's dear but that's that", some other fans didn't accept it, but we certainly never made a stand against it or a mass walkout in protest etc.

My personal view is, the price is the price, if fans want to go, they will, if they don't, they won't *Shrugs*

28 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

I remember a few years ago in the L1 forum, I think it was Stenny or Montrose or someone on our thread complaining about the cost of getting in and parking at our place and the general consensus was "we know it's dear but that's that", some other fans didn't accept it, but we certainly never made a stand against it or a mass walkout in protest etc.

My personal view is, the price is the price, if fans want to go, they will, if they don't, they won't *Shrugs*

Of course, and it's up to individuals what they are happy to pay, like everything else the market will decide what is an acceptable price for clubs to charge. In isolation it's only 3 of 4 quid over what I'd pay elsewhere so it's not really a case of being able to afford it. My concern is just that if these prices become normalised at this level by Dundee Utd still getting the same home and away supports that they'd normally recieve then the prices will spread across to all the other clubs at this level in the next couple of seasons. And if clubs don't put the prices up they'll fall behind those that do.

I certainly don't feel like I'm making any grand gesture or protest by not going, and I understand others will have different limits on what they think is too much. I can't make every away game anyway so it was an easy one to miss when deciding what ones to pick and choose.

2 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I agree that tickets should be increasing slightly as the cost of running a club is increasing, but I think fans annoyance is more that Utd's pricing is much higher (relatively speaking) than others. It is 25% more expensive for me to watch Dundee Utd v Airdrie than it is for me to watch Airdrie v Dundee Utd. Dundee Utd already blow us out the water in terms of support which gives a huge financial advantage, so the extra cost just seems excessive. The supply and demand argument can't be used either given there will be thousands of empty seats.

Like I said above, if Dundee Utd can still get the same crowds charging this then good luck to them, they are doing what's best for them. But I get why fans aren't happy paying it.

I think some of this is slightly accidental in that a pricing structure was set up to allow us to charge 30 quid for CAT A Premier league games.

I doubt even the United board would argue 25 quid for Utd v Airdrie represents value. Whilst a club with supporters interest at heart might have dropped prices after a relegation I think they hope they might just ride it out for a year.

I'm sure our operational costs have gone up significantly in recent years but a high proportion of outgoings will be massively weighted towards paying generous salaries to mostly bad footballers ie a choice.

I'm still paying 6 quid for the third season in a row to watch Midlands League who's non-optional outgoings eg energy costs, maintenance etc will make up a much higher proportion of their outgoings than their wages.