Dundee United v Airdrieonians

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

The club introduced some new caterers at the very start of pre season and the steak pies were the victim of an absolutely eye watering miles above inflation price rise. This galvanized a furious response online and a significant popular victory was won when the price was lowered subsequently.

That's Airdrie for you, we won't turn out to vote in elections, but raise the price of our high fat foods and it's like the French Revolution all over again.

If I could give this more than one greenie, I absolutely would. 

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

The club introduced some new caterers at the very start of pre season and the steak pies were the victim of an absolutely eye watering miles above inflation price rise. This galvanized a furious response online and a significant popular victory was won when the price was lowered subsequently.

That's Airdrie for you, we won't turn out to vote in elections, but raise the price of our high fat foods and it's like the French Revolution all over again.

“Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of dear steak pies…”

Just now, Granny Danger said:

“Do you hear the people sing, singing the song of dear steak pies…”

Who would have thought that the recipe for a successful match thread on Pie and Bovril was simply: less QOTS fans, more musicals

6 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Who would have thought that the recipe for a successful match thread on Pie and Bovril was simply: less QOTS fans, more musicals

Loads of the guys that block my view strongly resemble Susan Boyle wearing  Adidas  Samba's

5 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Would it not be more affordable if the Airdrie fans stopped spending so much of their disposable income on Union Jack flags and red hand paraphernalia?

Can never have too many red hands, tbf.

Been a long time since I've seen the Diamonds at Tannadice so I'll stump up the concession cost . Much against my hopes I've predicted a home win. 

On the subject of food I do like Dundee cake, hate marmalade and for reading I cant stand the Sunday Post. Musically,  my dad's new year song was always the road and the miles to Dundee whilst I was known to sing (badly) the Dundee weaver.

Old guys waffling I know.

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Been a long time since I've seen the Diamonds at Tannadice so I'll stump up the concession cost . Much against my hopes I've predicted a home win. 

On the subject of food I do like Dundee cake, hate marmalade and for reading I cant stand the Sunday Post. Musically,  my dad's new year song was always the road and the miles to Dundee whilst I was known to sing (badly) the Dundee weaver.

Old guys waffling I know.

If I was in Dundee I offer to meet up with you and buy you a pint.

And a marmalade sandwich though I’d draw a line at buying you a Sunday Post.  Jings, crivvens and help ma Boab.

6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Would it not be more affordable if the Airdrie fans stopped spending so much of their disposable income on Union Jack flags and red hand paraphernalia?

f**k off mate. Union jacks are old hat. Donald trump flags are the new thing 

10 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm not sure how excited I can get about the scandalous ticket prices. Everything is now ridiculously expensive and it's just the way of the world, sadly. Relative to inflation elsewhere in the economy the price of tickets hasn't gone up by an unusual amount. Of course you can argue that the starting price was too high already (it was) and that football is a luxury which some consumers (forgive me) might choose to forego, in a way which they might not be able to when compared with other expenses (which is probably true as well). But, when my weekly food shop has gone up by £20 - £30 and my fuel costs by £10 - £15, it seems a bit overblown to be getting upset about about an extra couple of quid getting into a game of football.

It's not an "extra couple of quid " though, it's 22 quid more than it would cost me and the weans for the return fixture at Airdrie. Then factor in fuel/travel cost and food/drink (at those raised prices you mention) and it's suddenly become a very expensive afternoon out for something which isn't a necessity like the food shop.

I'll still more than likely be there but it's fucking grudged.