Cyprus V Scotland 8.9.23

velo army

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, BTFD said:

That was fun. First time I've been bored watching Scotland because we were so dominant and basically playing a practice game after the first half hour.

This must be what it's like to be German.

Exactly. We just did what the big teams do. Win a game, then f**k about and annoy the neutrals by playing keepball in second gear. b*****ds.

5 minutes ago, BTFD said:

That was fun. First time I've been bored watching Scotland because we were so dominant and basically playing a practice game after the first half hour.

This must be what it's like to be German.

A guy in the table next to me actually fell asleep in the 2nd half.🤣

26 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

There's something special there and I want to praise McGregor in particular.

Tough starts to his Scotland career. Genuinely about 30 caps of doing nothing.

But how much he has stepped up, and how much he has altered his game to allow Gilmour to shine. Phenomenal.

The guy is far and away the best player in Scotland IMO and yet his selflessness for the national team is huge.

Just a genuinely excellent, excellent footballer.

McGregor is excellent. I’m only going to compare him to Scott Brown because he basically replaced him and I know they are different players but I feel that he has already exceeded Brown in terms of impact to the team (club and country).

Best “mainly Scottish based” CM since Barry Ferguson for me.

Wow - how close that Cyprus high boot came to connecting with McTominay's heid at the first goal.

It would be great to be at Hampden on Tuesday night and hear the news that we'd qualified!

'Them bleedin Jocks - 'Arry's just scored, why are they singing and cheering?'

17 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

McGregor is excellent. I’m only going to compare him to Scott Brown because he basically replaced him and I know they are different players but I feel that he has already exceeded Brown in terms of impact to the team (club and country).

Best “mainly Scottish based” CM since Barry Ferguson for me.

McGregor is by far a superior player to Brown IMO.

Brown was great, dont get me wrong, but McGregor has already far surpassed his performance for the national team.

Also better than Ferguson IMHO. Especially for Scotland. Ferguson was a good, mid table EPL player. I'm still convinced McGregor walks into everyones midfield except City.