Cyprus V Scotland 8.9.23

velo army

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dysartrovers said:

Whoever loses the game in Oslo on Tuesday is out. We draw against Spain, Georgia or Norway and we are through 

If we draw against either Spain or Georgia, Norway could beat us by two goals or more and qualify on head to head. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

If we draw against either Spain or Georgia, Norway could beat us by two goals or more and qualify on head to head. 

One positive aspect of the fixtures is that Norway have to play Spain and Cyprus in October, so we’ll know ahead of our last games against Georgia/Norway if anything is needed. 

3 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Gilmour and MacGregor pulling the strings is a joy to watch. When you add Mctominay and McGinn we’ve never had a more accomplished midfield in my lifetime.

There's something special there and I want to praise McGregor in particular.

Tough starts to his Scotland career. Genuinely about 30 caps of doing nothing.

But how much he has stepped up, and how much he has altered his game to allow Gilmour to shine. Phenomenal.

The guy is far and away the best player in Scotland IMO and yet his selflessness for the national team is huge.

Just a genuinely excellent, excellent footballer.

That was fun. First time I've been bored watching Scotland because we were so dominant and basically playing a practice game after the first half hour.

This must be what it's like to be German.