Cyprus V Scotland 8.9.23

velo army

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup.  Pretty vital to the way we play. He also has the best first touch in the team.  He kind of reminds me of James Morrison in that he’s come from the English system to be one of our most important players.  

The take that he wasn’t interested last night was absolutely wild. 

He's obviously not that vital to the way we play given that he missed the previous three qualifiers and we won them all. Good player though.

Edited by craigkillie

2 hours ago, StewartyMac said:

Jock Brown was a fantastic commentator, him and Archie had such distinctive styles back then, unlike the identikit commentators we get now. 

Archie MacPherson always was, and absolutely remains, a hopeless idiot.  

No amount of nostalgia changes that. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Jean-Claude Darkieville and Jackie MacNamura say hi. 

Is this what you were referring to when you called him racist?  I missed that - what's the story there?

Much as I think he was rubbish at his job, I do remember him calling out the early treatment given to Mark Walters, quite forcefully.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Is this what you were referring to when you called him racist?  I missed that - what's the story there?

Much as I think he was rubbish at his job, I do remember him calling out the early treatment given to Mark Walters, quite forcefully.

Yeah. He insisted in calling Darcheville “Darkieville”, and conflated MacNamara and Nakamura so often you couldn’t tell which player to whom  he was referring.    

4 hours ago, velo army said:

Che Adams might be our most underrated player at the moment. For a forward he's incredibly unselfish and a tireless worker. Involved indirectly but crucially in all three goals (I think he won the foul for the second) and does so much work off the ball.

A lad who only qualified through his granny and who was hardly battering the door down to play for us but gives 100% and is always available. I bloody love him.

Well said

53 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

That move for the third goal looks better and better every time you watch it. Outstanding.

Comfortably the best team in the world right now. 

Ever? That's not for me to say. 

But yes. 

Best football team ever is not debatable. We clearly are. A better debate is are we the greatest sports team in history? I think we are but shout out to the 2013 All Blacks team.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yeah. He insisted in calling Darcheville “Darkieville”, and conflated MacNamara and Nakamura so often you couldn’t tell which player to whom  he was referring.    

In fairness, was that not just the name mangling nonsense of a daft old goat? 

He did that sort of stuff throughout his career.  

I'm not naturally inclined to defend him, but a charge of racism on that evidence seems a bit harsh.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

That third goal, surprised I've no got a stonner over it still.

It was a beautifully worked goal, but if our goalkeeper had done that, I'd be a bit mad.  I've no idea how he got wrong footed.  Everything about McGinn's shape said it was going to that side.

8 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I have literally fallen head over heels in love with this Scotland team.

I have been following and going to all the games over the last 25 years or so and feel like I have broke free from an abusive relationship and now experiencing the best fucking shagging of my life with a new bird.

This. Is. Amazing.

Kinda sums it up for me. Added to fact I support killie and have seen this Steve Clarke movie before!