Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I might be mixing up Ayrshire posters, but didn't QLP get done for stealing credit card details (and then using them) from itzdrk and the ex-mrs qlp, who at that point was mrs itzdrk?

Some story arc. We need more of this P&B soap opera stuff.

If the allegations are true then he should go to jail.

But it shouldn’t stop there, there should be a thorough investigation into his enablers.  Saville got away with it for years because people who could have stopped it turned a blind eye and no one paid the price.  This should not be allowed to happen this time.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I was just offering a straight answer to the "didn't he do something dodgy" question.

But if we're playing the prediction game, I fully expect to be saying in 9 years time that I always knew @Francesc Fabregas was a wrongun

Seconded, with the caveat that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and I remember that poor falsely accused oddball teacher in Bristol who got lawyered up.. 

2 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Good on the lad Sloss for being upfront. But why not say something sooner? Lawyers & a rich guy? Probably. 

I think Catherine Ryan basically said it was a combination of not wanting to be sued into oblivion by his army of lawyers and the fact she wasn’t a victim herself so it wasn’t her place to make it public. I imagine that’s why others were the same.

2 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

I think Catherine Ryan basically said it was a combination of not wanting to be sued into oblivion by his army of lawyers and the fact she wasn’t a victim herself so it wasn’t her place to make it public. I imagine that’s why others were the same.

Yeah, I’ve read elsewhere that there was also the possibility of a Super Injunction too, which makes Sloss appear more of a good guy.

If Fielding, Ross etc don’t comment, they are either complicit or cowards. 

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

That is fucking grim reading. 

How many times have we read similar stuff?
And how many more times are we to read similar stuff?

It's like youngsters being abused and murdered by their parents/step parents/foster parents - it just happens again and again and again. And although "lessons have been learned" they don't seem to be on the curriculum the next time it happens.

7 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

How many times have we read similar stuff?
And how many more times are we to read similar stuff?

It's like youngsters being abused and murdered by their parents/step parents/foster parents - it just happens again and again and again. And although "lessons have been learned" they don't seem to be on the curriculum the next time it happens.

Nothing will be done. We’re only a couple of years removed from the Royal Family spending 12m of taxpayers money to shield one of their own from consequences of similar behavior  yet a large number of that same taxpayer are disgusted by some football fans booing a song that references the monarchy. 

Edited by carpetmonster

19 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If the allegations are true then he should go to jail.

But it shouldn’t stop there, there should be a thorough investigation into his enablers.  Saville got away with it for years because people who could have stopped it turned a blind eye and no one paid the price.  This should not be allowed to happen this time.

Unfortunately, it appears to be ingrained into the entertainment industry that the talent must be kept happy at all costs, both here and in America. Some of the stories of what they're allowed to do just to keep production going are quite astounding, up to and including sexual assault. Last one I read was about the star of a film demanding that a make-up artist get her tits out, and refusing to work for hours because she wouldn't. In the end she did because she was getting the blame for the amount of time and money being wasted (I've read estimates that it can cost tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds per hour just to have everyone on set during a shoot).

5 hours ago, Rugster said:

Bussell Rrand by the way.  Not Brussel Rand. 

I think he's going for an extra level of protection from libel, cleverly deviating from the normal rules.

44 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I was just offering a straight answer to the "didn't he do something dodgy" question.

But if we're playing the prediction game, I fully expect to be saying in 9 years time that I always knew @Francesc Fabregas was a wrongun

Have you used a real name there or swapped first letters?

9 minutes ago, BTFD said:

. Last one I read was about the star of a film demanding that a make-up artist get her tits out, and refusing to work for hours because she wouldn't. In the end she did because she was getting the blame for the amount of time and money being wasted (I've read estimates that it can cost tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds per hour just to have everyone on set during a shoot).

That was Brand on the set of "What About Dick". Billy Connolly was also working on it and heard about it and had words with him.He should have knocked f**k out of him.

Brand's behaviour should not have been tolerated then and he should have been told to get to f**k but these arseholes are seen as valuble and so think they are untouchable

Edited by Wile E Coyote

8 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Unfortunately, it appears to be ingrained into the entertainment industry that the talent must be kept happy at all costs, both here and in America. Some of the stories of what they're allowed to do just to keep production going are quite astounding, up to and including sexual assault. Last one I read was about the star of a film demanding that a make-up artist get her tits out, and refusing to work for hours because she wouldn't. In the end she did because she was getting the blame for the amount of time and money being wasted (I've read estimates that it can cost tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds per hour just to have everyone on set during a shoot).

I see what you did there.