Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

1 minute ago, BTFD said:

When/why did Richard Osman become unpopular on here? I swear I remember him and Pointless being generally liked when it first started.

Is Alexander Armstrong not liked either?

They’re both a bit odd but not in the Brand envelope, surely?   I guess there’s a bit more on the Pop Bitch feed, which I’m sure is having a field day. 

10 minutes ago, BTFD said:

When/why did Richard Osman become unpopular on here? I swear I remember him and Pointless being generally liked when it first started.

Don’t mind Alexander “Zander” Armstrong.

Osman is just a big streak of piss.

10 minutes ago, BTFD said:

I think Osman's an inoffensive big lump with a very sharp mind. Armstrong is a big fan of The Countryside Alliance and, as such, approves of killing rather than sex crime.

The media is absolutely rife with wrong uns. Can’t be many other industries that have such a high concentration of sex offenders working in it. 

This latest one to be exposed certainly isn’t a shock, I suspect the more surprising ones are to come.

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

The media is absolutely rife with wrong uns. Can’t be many other industries that have such a high concentration of sex offenders working in it. 

This latest one to be exposed certainly isn’t a shock, I suspect the more surprising ones are to come.

I reckon that as more of the celebrities that were big in the 70s/80s/90s start to die off then we’ll see more people come forward 

Must be a quiet time in media land. Imagine dedicating a 90 minute programme and full page spreads on some twat that has not been relevant for years. If laws have been broken then put him in front of a judge, if not then who really cares?

if things as really as bad as the press are saying then why did they not go to the police straight away with their “evidence”? They could be as bad as the others that they are trying to say did nothing.

Edited by supermik

38 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Alexander is almost as nice though not as funny as Michael Palin. Richard Osman is a boring accountant who struck lucky on Pointless but is embarrassingly unfunny on QI, or anywhere else. And the only reason anyone buys his books is because of Pointless, they're fucking awful and were probably written by GPT-4.

There are quite a few on this that aren't Russell Brand that are coming out of this very badly also. 

That guy that heard the woman screaming and did nothing about it, before going to meet Russell Brand for some meeting being a prime example. What the f**k?

Edited by Michael W

5 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Imagine standing outside a house listening to a woman screaming in terror, not doing anything about it and then having a business meeting with the person in the house.

Obviously people can freeze in the moment etc but I like to think most people would intervene in such situations.

Baffling that the guy has stood out there and done f**k all then had the nerve to say to her that’s what he done 

8 minutes ago, supermik said:

Must be a quiet time in media land. Imagine dedicating a 90 minute programme and full page spreads on some twat that has not been relevant for years. If laws have been broken then put him in front of a judge, if not then who really cares?

Okay Andrew. 

9 minutes ago, Michael W said:

There are quite a few on this that aren't Russell Brand that are coming out of this very badly. 

That guy that heard the woman screaming and did nothing about it, before going to meet Russell Brand for some meeting being a prime example. What the f**k?

I'd guess that's a more common reaction that you'd like to think. When confronted with a situation where they're liable to not only lose their job, but to be blacklisted from the industry for being "difficult", plenty of people would wind their neck in and do nothing. You only have to look at how many people enabled Weinstein to assault young women despite absolutely knowing what was going on.

Edit:

4 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Okay Andrew. 

I had my bets on @WATTOO to be the first, but you can't win 'em all.

Edited by BTFD

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Obviously people can freeze in the moment etc but I like to think most people would intervene in such situations.

Baffling that the guy has stood out there and done f**k all then had the nerve to say to her that’s what he done 

Better than saying nothing, just shows that men were manipulated and scared by him as well as women. Of course we all think we would have done the right thing but who knows unless he's tried to groom you?