Russell Brand - In Plain Sight

ICTChris

15 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Had you genuinely not read or heard any rumours about the entirely-unrelated entertainer Brussel Rand being unconcerned with trivialities like consent? They've been kicking about since his days of big DVD and book sales.

Even his current fans don't seem surprised, judging by the number of "this is just being brought up to silence him" and "but he does so much work for charity" comments. Not a lot of "there's no way this is true" or "I've never heard anything about this before".

Bussell Rrand by the way.  Not Brussel Rand. 

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

With inevitable 'like Jimmy Saville?' responses. 

It is pretty incredible that people are still willing to trot out that line now.

I spent years doing charity work, but it doesn't seem to have fooled anyone  :(

55 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Maybe Sunak struck a deal with C4 that he wouldn’t sell it off and he’d bundle Dorries off to f**k if they ran a couple distractions for him when he really needed it. Check for the refugee barge being torched today just after dinner time. 

The Sun chucked Huw Edwards under a bus for government so I suppose outting and already putted sex pest may be less.damaging than in Edwards case.

23 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Some of the replies, almost all from blue tick weirdos.

"He was never charged", "Broken their silence or just made it up now", "Just because he speaks against big pharma".

Fucking hell

A thoroughly dislikable individual, I’m embarrassed to say that I thought some of the stuff he highlighted on The Trews interested me especially his anti-Westminster / Pro Indy stuff. 

Like @carpetmonster says, that is grim reading indeed, another case of a celebrity thinking they can get away with anything & others around them making excuses, ignoring it etc as they are “the talent” what a c**t. 

20 minutes ago, robertodev said:

He's on the right wing grift these days, he will just claim he's being cancelled and somehow make more money 

He knew this was coming and groomed his fans by painting himself as a right wing hero.

Those fans are the ones now defending him blindly.

He must've been expecting this for years, probably surprised he has got away with it for so long, there is a reason he's not been on mainstream TV for a long time and it's not out of choice, it's because he's a beasty freak.