Sack Lee Bullen

IMO, It was more a tail of two keepers last night. I thought Ayr attacking prowess was excellent, but the Partick keeper was in great form. Lawless had two excellent strikes. United’s keeper should have done better with them. 
I didn’t see the last goal, so I’ll be looking for the highlights later. 

I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the different players he has to work with, but last night tipped me into the "Bullen out" camp.

Play offs. Partick drew our full-back wide then fed the ball into the channel between full-back and centre half, hammered it across goal and Graham knocked it home. Scored at least 3 in the play off with that move. Their first attack last night was the exact same. Goal. 

Lawless. Did nobody notice the guy was good on his left foot? Did nobody think to tell the players to show him down the line on his right foot rather than let him drift inside while the defenders back off? 

In three games against Partick we have made the same mistakes and lost heavily on all 3 occasions. That's not the fault of the new players but is entirely down to the standard of coaching. I expected us to be alert to the move that cost us heavily in the play-off but it took less than 2 minutes for us to concede to it again. I expected us to have a plan to deal with Lawless, but we clearly didn't. Sorry Lee. It's been a blast and thanks for the 2nd place finish but when the team keeps making the same mistakes and is clearly not learning, that's down to you. Time to go.

The abysmal recruitment during the summer has made a rod for his back, but he has no idea how to change games and no idea how to address the defensive frailties that everyone takes easy advantage of now. If bookies are even offering odds on the sack race this season then they'll be even more hard done by than they were making Ayr odds-on last night.

5 hours ago, Wacky said:

IMO, It was more a tail of two keepers last night. I thought Ayr attacking prowess was excellent, but the Partick keeper was in great form. Lawless had two excellent strikes. United’s keeper should have done better with them. 
I didn’t see the last goal, so I’ll be looking for the highlights later. 

Really? Chalmers had the absolute run of the pitch down Ngwenya's side but apart from that Ayr looked utterly powderpuff and Sneddon maybe had one half decent save to make all night.