Queens v Arbroath

Greenacres

1 hour ago, Smokerson said:

Can’t really get excited about any games in this cup. If we get through and maybe land a favourable draw ill Start to get a wee bit interested.

as mentioned, all the fringe players should start 

Agree - the prospect of EK or Rangers B in next round is not great 

Adams

Steele

Little

ToB

Stewart

Stowe

Lyon

Jacobs - (yes may as well)

Norey

Turan

McIntosh

35 minutes ago, HighlandQueen said:

Is it not 6 if we lose today. Thank god I’m in Salzburg and will miss it. Steeling myself for Galabank next week

I could be wrong but is it not 5, Falkirk,  Hamilton, Kelty , Stirling and probably Arbroath today?

I'll be expecting it to be 6 next week!

Edited to say I think our last win ironically was Thistle away in the last round of this cup.

Edited by bod

Another baffling team selection. I have no idea if it’s a 3-5-2 with Gibson playing centre midfield or a 4-3-3 with Paul McKay in midfield. I ruled out 3-4-3 as don’t think Houston is cut out for right side of a midfield which would put Gibson wide in a front three so it’s probably that one. 

Paul McKay in midfield 👀, well I suppose he surely can’t be any worse than he is at centre back. 

Basically same as usual for us except changed keeper and put Balde in over Dow

Think we will win

Do QoTS do highlights or not? YouTube channel seems a bit all over the shop. Not got highlights of recent home games but have highlights of an away day at Cove?

15 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Another baffling team selection. I have no idea if it’s a 3-5-2 with Gibson playing centre midfield or a 4-3-3 with Paul McKay in midfield. I ruled out 3-4-3 as don’t think Houston is cut out for right side of a midfield which would put Gibson wide in a front three so it’s probably that one. 

Paul McKay in midfield 👀, well I suppose he surely can’t be any worse than he is at centre back. 

Someone suggested trying McKay in midfield at the last home game, looks like Marv may have been listening. Might give a bit of physicality in there and keeps him away from the defence. 

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Someone suggested trying McKay in midfield at the last home game, looks like Marv may have been listening. Might give a bit of physicality in there and keeps him away from the defence. 

He played there for Airdrie at times I think,  I’m not sure about the physicality aspect as he is continually bullied by strikers half his height. 

33 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

4-5-1 ?

Nice to see Gibson starting, hopefully Walker and Hutchinson have now played their way out of the starting 11. 

23 minutes ago, bod said:

4-5-1 ?

Nice to see Gibson starting, hopefully Walker and Hutchinson have now played their way out of the starting 11. 

Can't be there today - is it indeed a middle three of Cochrane, McKay and Todd?

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

They were wrong I would say, he doesn't look like he's got a best position. On the bench possibly. 

At another club would be his best position cf the Alloa home game and Montrose defeat this season. However we do need some bite in midfield 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, bod said:

4-5-1 ?

What is the formation ? I’m on holiday so just following the updates. 

I ruled out 4-5-1 as we haven’t played that one under Marvin although it’s very similar to the 4-3-3 we have played often enough.