Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, Enigma said:

He did forget to order the seats for a new stand…

And annoyed Kilmac to the point we started a season without a shirt sponsor.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Feels like theres zero chance he doesnt fall out with either Robertson or Gardiner this season.

I mean, he seems like Gardiner's type of guy. Bomber Brown vibes.

Well, it's intriguing, I'll say that. It's a bit like taking Diocalm when you have curry belly - you hope it works, but early doors you're not too confident.

I hope he doesn't attract a Sevcoite element. Rum that George Galloway and his stupid Putinard hat have wished him well; wasn't Slithery George outed as a lifelong Old Firm (Sellick) supporter, with the DUFC thing just an affectation?

Final thought; if he fails, he fails. If he succeeds, he'll be off soon.

50 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Or, it shows you they are fucking idiots for appointing yet another completely untested coach with zero first team managerial experience.

No League 2 side with Troy Deeney up top is struggling for cash.

Yet they appointed Rob Edwards who is now managing in the Premiership.  They are just a small club that got lucky.

Deeney is coaching too that’s why he went. 

1 minute ago, Hoose Rice said:

Yet they appointed Rob Edwards who is now managing in the Premiership.  They are just a small club that got lucky.

They spend a lot of money dont they? 

I think they just hit a financial wall. Its easy to financially bully Conference sides and League Two sides, but then you start to stall. Suspect Wrexham will find a similar issue.

Forest Green seemed to respond to the wall by just launching money at everything constantly so theyre constantly changing managers/coaches/players.

37 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

When Two Neds Collide: Robbo vs Big Dunc.

Heathmount Hotel

1am Saturday night, following too many espresso martinis.

This is going to be box office gold. 🤜

Hopefully they’ll invite Steve Patterson along for extra shenanigans.  

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Ah well, at least he's not a racist homophobe, so there's that.

Some might question that, although the FA found insufficient evidence to charge him.

Fulham's Luis Boa Morte is still angry with Duncan Ferguson after accusing the Scottish forward of racially abusing him in their FA Cup clash.
The Portuguese winger claims the former Rangers hit-man insulted him last Sunday in Everton's last-gasp 1-1 draw against The Cottagers at Goodison Park.

Boa Morte has stated it is the first time anything like this has happened in his career and is he willing to go above The FA should they fail to take action.

"I have been in football a long time, but no-one have ever abused me like Duncan Ferguson did," said Boa Morte.

"Even now I cannot believe he called me a 'black ****' to my face.

"I was totally shocked. During my career, no-one has ever used those words about me before.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2289928/boa-morte-still-angry-at-big-dunc

Edited by welshbairn

30 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

At least Edwards had *some* managerial experience, even at a lower level.

Deeney will not have suddenly accepted a pittance just because he’s getting to do some coaching.

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Some might question that, although the FA found insufficient evidence to charge him.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/2289928/boa-morte-still-angry-at-big-dunc

Ah, he'll fit in well up here with that attitude unfortunately. 

At least it's not one of the usual rehashed appointments. Seems like a move that will either work out really well or be a farce, and knowing Gardiner I'd lean more to the latter.