Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

A Finnish composer wrote a single movement orchestral composition about Fergusons's time in Barlinnie titled 'Barlinnie Nine'.

I'm not making this up:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barlinnie_Nine

Oi you! At least in my version posted earlier Duncan gets a credit.

On 26/09/2023 at 01:07, welshbairn said:

18 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He's from Stirling, isn't that a Celtic stronghold?

Genuinely don't think it's a "stronghold" in either persuasion. As has been mentioned elsewhere, some of the surrounding villages are Rangers dominant but there's a real mix in the area, especially with the Uni.

Time will tell how Ferguson gets on at ICT. I personally find it an interesting appointment, there were safer options out there, but after nearly 40 years of watching football, I still don't know what a sure fire way is to appoint a manager. Ferguson is a name that will attract people, media and sponsorship to the club, especially if he can get them going, so there's probably an element of that in his appointment as well.

54 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Genuinely don't think it's a "stronghold" in either persuasion. As has been mentioned elsewhere, some of the surrounding villages are Rangers dominant but there's a real mix in the area, especially with the Uni.

Time will tell how Ferguson gets on at ICT. I personally find it an interesting appointment, there were safer options out there, but after nearly 40 years of watching football, I still don't know what a sure fire way is to appoint a manager. Ferguson is a name that will attract people, media and sponsorship to the club, especially if he can get them going, so there's probably an element of that in his appointment as well.

I feel that this is his biggest asset alongside his coaching experience at Everton, I'm sure we will see some good players coming in on the back of this.

9 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Ferguson’s an absolute tube. Jags fans have my deepest sympathies. 

I suppose you're basing your narrow minded  view on what happened many years ago and I will assume that your first hand coaching/managerial footballing experience exceeds that of Ancelotti and Benitez.

4 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Ferguson was on Talksport a wee while ago saying that he has been put up in a luxury lodge next to the River Ness. Insert your own Scott Gardiner/Lodge joke here.

The Premier Inn next to the Legion IMO.

29 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Ferguson was on Talksport a wee while ago saying that he has been put up in a luxury lodge next to the River Ness. Insert your own Scott Gardiner/Lodge joke here.

That'll be David Sutherlands Ness Castle Lodges by the river costing megabucks depending on the week and how many are in your party.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I suppose you're basing your narrow minded  view on what happened many years ago and I will assume that your first hand coaching/managerial footballing experience exceeds that of Ancelotti and Benitez.

Eh, naw. Intimate knowledge of his life in St Ninians and various clubs in Stirling, early nineties. 

The chaps you mention adopted him for his “fans favourite” ticket at Everton. Ask his boss at Forest Green how he did without his Goodson safety net. 2 wins in 23 games. Brought Ray McKinnon down to be his assistant without a contract and poor Ray got sent back up the road. Yer man had been told he wasn’t getting an assistant after relegation but still brought McKinnon down. Then got sacked himself. 

I like everything about your club and town. You can mock me at the end of the season if the big bam is still there and hasn’t got you demoted.

Edited by Bring Your Own Socks

A look through this thread since the appointment shows posts from all corners of Scottish football and nearly all of the clubs in the Championship, the negativity is astonishing but tinged with a mixture of clear apprehension in case he turns things around for us and also if he can bring a better game into the Championship.

I cannot think of any other managerial appointment over the last ten years in Scotland that has stirred more controversary.

He will with his contacts bring fresh blood into Caley.

I detect that many of the negative posters fear that he will do well. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

That'll be David Sutherlands Ness Castle Lodges by the river costing megabucks depending on the week and how many are in your party.

Plenty vacancies over the winter so it's more or less free in the short term.