Inverness' Next Permanent Manager - 2023 Edition - Dodds is Punted YASSS

Who will be Inverness' Next Permanent Manager?  

290 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

A look through this thread since the appointment shows posts from all corners of Scottish football and nearly all of the clubs in the Championship, the negativity is astonishing but tinged with a mixture of clear apprehension in case he turns things around for us and also if he can bring a better game into the Championship.

I cannot think of any other managerial appointment over the last ten years in Scotland that has stirred more controversary.

He will with his contacts bring fresh blood into Caley.

I detect that many of the negative posters fear that he will do well. 

Pretty sure your rivals appointed a well known racist, sexist and homophobe as manager which didn’t go down all that well. 

Negative posts come from the fact that it’s a bizarre appointment. No one is sitting shitting it in case Caley become the next force of Scottish football with a manager who was better known for assaulting people rather than his actual football ability. 

18 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

A look through this thread since the appointment shows posts from all corners of Scottish football and nearly all of the clubs in the Championship, the negativity is astonishing but tinged with a mixture of clear apprehension in case he turns things around for us and also if he can bring a better game into the Championship.

I cannot think of any other managerial appointment over the last ten years in Scotland that has stirred more controversary.

He will with his contacts bring fresh blood into Caley.

I detect that many of the negative posters fear that he will do well. 

There’s been plenty. Simmer down.

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Scot Gardiner's got previous for it.

Dundee boss John Brown tells his snipers: You're all just jealous because I got the job you wanted

Just now, Savage Henry said:

That’s all he’ll need it for.  

Obvious you haven't recovered after the 4-0 drubbing on Saturday as you've been venting your annoyance at a Manager who has nothing to do with you this season.

Charity begins at home mate start asking questions of your own incompetent manager, you know I would and have done when we used to get skelpings under Dodds, go on it'll ,make you feel good.

4-0 shocking!!

Edited by SandyCromarty

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Pretty sure your rivals appointed a well known racist, sexist and homophobe as manager which didn’t go down all that well. 

Negative posts come from the fact that it’s a bizarre appointment. No one is sitting shitting it in case Caley become the next force of Scottish football with a manager who was better known for assaulting people rather than his actual football ability. 

I've been on your thread and I've seen the negativity and furious posts directed at Lee Bullen so from that It is clear to me reading into the Ferguson appointment posts that there is reverse psychology going on and it's more than possible that Ayr fans would have welcomed Duncan Ferguson.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I've been on your thread and I've seen the negativity and furious posts directed at Lee Bullen so from that It is clear to me reading into the Ferguson appointment posts that there is reverse psychology going on and it's more than possible that Ayr fans would have welcomed Duncan Ferguson.

I don’t think anything on here is particularly clear to you if that’s what you’ve come up with. 

Im not sure what would make you think Ferguson would be welcomed by any fan with a bit of sense at any club? 

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Eh, naw. Intimate knowledge of his life in St Ninians and various clubs in Stirling, early nineties. 

The chaps you mention adopted him for his “fans favourite” ticket at Everton. Ask his boss at Forest Green how he did without his Goodson safety net. 2 wins in 23 games. Brought Ray McKinnon down to be his assistant without a contract and poor Ray got sent back up the road. Yer man had been told he wasn’t getting an assistant after relegation but still brought McKinnon down. Then got sacked himself. 

I like everything about your club and town. You can mock me at the end of the season if the big bam is still there and hasn’t got you demoted.

You seem to have a compulsive obsession with Duncan Fergusons career which I find odd, have you considered talking to a professional knowledgeable in that area?

Interesting appointment.  Definitely box office due to being such a big name & character.  It's certainly a gamble, but fair play to ICT for not picking one of the usual candidates whose names come up.  I have no idea whether or not this will work out, but I am going to enjoy watching it.

On one hand he is a guy who has had a great career at a high level as well as being a huge character, so in that sense I can see him being a guy the players will listen to and who might be able to get more out of them than Dodds did.  On the other hand, his record at Forest Green was absolutely woeful and wouldn't fill me with optimism if I was an Inverness fan.

Bringing in Gary Bollan as his assistant might be the most hilarious move Ferguson could make. How has that c**t managed to move upwards about making an arse of jobs at Forfar and Cowdenbeath?

Don’t write anything negative online about Bollan though, he might tell you to “watch your back” at the next game.

Edited by fafc1885