Aberdeen v Ross County, Sunday 3pm (big double header match, cup later Wed...)

Just assumed this thread is going to be the one used for the game tonight.

I’d like to see us take the game to Aberdeen tonight. I don’t think they’ll be as front footed as they were Sunday as they don’t have much of a point to prove here. Hence, I’d like to see us revert to the back 4 and get back to the direct style that worked in the early weeks of the season. I’d go with something like…

Laidlaw

Brown-Baldwin-Leak-Reid

Henderson-Randall-Turner-Dhanda

White-Murray

Harsh on Nightingale but I just don’t see Baldwin getting dropped as we NEED his cannons from the side. I think it’s more likely that Sims would start over Henderson, but given it’ll probably be Jonny Hayes at full back I think Henderson’s pace would be a problem for Hayes who doesn’t want to be facing his own goal for too long. Dhanda drifting in from the left would pose another issue for Aberdeen. I’d like to see Brophy start a match soon but Murray’s record in this cup can’t be overlooked. 

I’m feeling somewhat optimistic here and I’m going to say County are going to nick it. 

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Just assumed this thread is going to be the one used for the game tonight.

I’d like to see us take the game to Aberdeen tonight. I don’t think they’ll be as front footed as they were Sunday as they don’t have much of a point to prove here. Hence, I’d like to see us revert to the back 4 and get back to the direct style that worked in the early weeks of the season. I’d go with something like…

Laidlaw

Brown-Baldwin-Leak-Reid

Henderson-Randall-Turner-Dhanda

White-Murray

Harsh on Nightingale but I just don’t see Baldwin getting dropped as we NEED his cannons from the side. I think it’s more likely that Sims would start over Henderson, but given it’ll probably be Jonny Hayes at full back I think Henderson’s pace would be a problem for Hayes who doesn’t want to be facing his own goal for too long. Dhanda drifting in from the left would pose another issue for Aberdeen. I’d like to see Brophy start a match soon but Murray’s record in this cup can’t be overlooked. 

I’m feeling somewhat optimistic here and I’m going to say County are going to nick it. 

Hayes is still quick. 
Pace will not bother him one bit.