Aberdeen v Ross County, Sunday 3pm (big double header match, cup later Wed...)

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

I was going to say we need the four in midfield, then i remembered we'd have most of the ball so we can probably do without a midfield at all. 

I'd like us to try Jensen and Gartenmann in a four, and go with the old 4231. 

4231 is the obvious choice but I really just want to see some evidence that robson is learning lessons from what we’ve seen so far. 

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

It would be a huge gamble.

Imagine the stick if it was 0-0 or worse?

Any change of shape is a gamble though as if it doesn’t work he’ll be accused of getting desperate (Goodwin playing Ramirez as a no 10 comes to mind). 541 made sense for last night but I don’t think there’s any justification for it on Sunday. 

I'm now concerned that the players are saving themselves for the European matches, as we've played quite well in parts of all three European matches, and dross in all the domestic matches perhaps aside from the Celtic match.

No excuses please Robbo, and nothing short of three points required.

We're not going to get very far in Scotland if we don't have the guile to breakdown packed defences.

I'm not very confident with this, neither us, Hearts and Hibs have won the next game after European game (apart from when Hibs played us). Team only got back yesterday due to Germany strick flight rules. Would expect manager to freshen the team up and maybe some of those not played getting a game

Edited by betting competition

This is a vital match for Aberdeen and for Barry Robson, although arguably the cup match on Wednesday is more important. Second of four matches in 9 days so you’d expect changes to be made. The lack of a viable alternative means Nicky Devlin is virtually undroppable right now, also strikes me that a battle with Jordan White might suit Rubezic?

Roos, Devlin, Gartenman, Rubezic, Jensen, McGarry, Barron, Polvara, Shinnie, Miovski, Gueye

Edited by starryfish

This thread reminded me of something really strange I saw on Saturday morning - I was walking through Cameron Toll shopping centre and saw a guy walking toward me in a Ross County top.

Not that strange, you might say - although maybe the first one I have seen in Edinburgh outside of a match day.

The odd bit was, as he got close to me I noticed he had a tattoo on his left arm...................and it was the Hearts badge !!

I would have taken a photo, but he went into a quiet shop, not busy enough for an "undercover" photie.

Wierd, eh?

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

This thread reminded me of something really strange I saw on Saturday morning - I was walking through Cameron Toll shopping centre and saw a guy walking toward me in a Ross County top.

Not that strange, you might say - although maybe the first one I have seen in Edinburgh outside of a match day.

The odd bit was, as he got close to me I noticed he had a tattoo on his left arm...................and it was the Hearts badge !!

I would have taken a photo, but he went into a quiet shop, not busy enough for an "undercover" photie.

Wierd, eh?

You taking covert photos of random strangers or your spelling of weird?