Aberdeen v Ross County, Sunday 3pm (big double header match, cup later Wed...)

Well I don't see any Dons fans creating a thread so I thought I would go ahead...

I think County have a chance here. Though even with a poor Aberdeen, the fact it's away means County will still have to be at the very top of their game to get a result. Will be happy with a point tbh. 

15 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Well I don't see any Dons fans creating a thread so I thought I would go ahead...

I think County have a chance here. Though even with a poor Aberdeen, the fact it's away means County will still have to be at the very top of their game to get a result. Will be happy with a point tbh. 

We take one game at a time.

17 hours ago, Sonam said:

Mackay like to try and force us in to long balls on top of his defenders head.

He's not going to know what has hit him when we do it voluntarily.

14 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Mackay like to try and force us in to long balls on top of his defenders head.

He's not going to know what has hit him when we do it voluntarily.

oh don't worry, jack baldwin's in a mood to misjudge and least one of those and then wipe out I dunno...Duk in the 82nd minute under little pressure

I hope Aberdeen get a win tonight, or a draw at least tonight and completely tire themselves out. Wouldn't be suprised as it's European matches like these that players rise to the occasion as it makes them personally look good. Rises any transfer fee, future wages etc. Self-centred in a way.

Any background stuff goes out the window, whether they like the manager or not, whether they are happy living in Aberdeen etc. Not saying they don't, but clearly the squad is taking time this season to settle for whatever reason. Whether they will cope well over the course of the season, will see.

Would be very suprised if they make 3rd again with such a bad start. It certainly is also a test playing 2 matches each week. I bet also the atmosphere playing on a Sunday probably not quite the same as a Saturday. Anyway its good luck to the Dons tonight (and this isn't a second team thing for those that wonder...)

6 hours ago, Comrie said:

oh don't worry, jack baldwin's in a mood to misjudge and least one of those and then wipe out I dunno...Duk in the 82nd minute under little pressure

If not, he’ll do what he did on Saturday, run out from central defence presumably to help the defender out wide, not do anything, and then watch the player he should have been aware of in the centre, stroking the ball into the net. Of course he could have a different brain fart to scupper us, he’s capable of it.

I’m no, I don’t know, future predictor. That being said, I predict La County De La Ross-Shire will concede (some) goals during this 90 minutes. Jack Baldwin is a weird defender. I predict his brain will be too interested in his next throw-in during a sporadic Aberdeen attack which will lead to an, unfortunate, goal.

Thankfully, we have a ginger God who seems addicted to goals. He’ll score at least 3. 

5-3 Staggies. Same again Wednesday Doctor. 

I wonder if the Dons will see this as “after the Lord Mayor’s” show?

Hard to predict what team he’ll pick. 
For a nice change he made use of the subs last night, so the likes of Shinnie, Miovski, Clarkson & McGrath came off after 70.

Roos. 
Gartermann MacDonald Jensen. 
Devlin Clarkson Shinnie McGarry. 
                    McGrath. 
                 Miovski Duk

This is must win for Robson, or all the positive comments about him getting it right tactically last night go out the window & he’s under more pressure.

The next two are “must win” category IMO

2 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:

Would like to see the same line up as last night other than mcgarry ni for mckenzie.

Nice to see Duk to a Duk type thing in the last minute.  Let's try him as a super sub again.

Robson would never be allowed to forget setting up 5-4-1 at home to ross county. 

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Robson would never be allowed to forget setting up 5-4-1 at home to ross county. 

I was going to say we need the four in midfield, then i remembered we'd have most of the ball so we can probably do without a midfield at all. 

I'd like us to try Jensen and Gartenmann in a four, and go with the old 4231. 

Depending if we are still thinking about the Hacken game I worry that too he effort last night was for the tv cameras and we are back to second rate in the league. 
Going to be a tight game with a goal in it. 

All the praise from a reasonable defensive performance against a Bundesliga team has masked over just how poorly we take care of the ball at times. Some of the passing was truly awful, and is every week. 
This home game offers the opportunity to have more possession but the question is can the team use it effectively or will this game show up how poor the passing and moving is?