Aberdeen v Ross County, Sunday 3pm (big double header match, cup later Wed...)

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

This thread reminded me of something really strange I saw on Saturday morning - I was walking through Cameron Toll shopping centre and saw a guy walking toward me in a Ross County top.

Not that strange, you might say - although maybe the first one I have seen in Edinburgh outside of a match day.

The odd bit was, as he got close to me I noticed he had a tattoo on his left arm...................and it was the Hearts badge !!

I would have taken a photo, but he went into a quiet shop, not busy enough for an "undercover" photie.

Wierd, eh?

How old would you guess the person was?  There is a time frame before County came into the SPFL where people would have a “big” team and attend County games.  So it would certainly be more common for 40 odds and above.  Still a wrong ‘un for sure 😀

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Thought Brophy would come in for White.  

33 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

White has started every match in all competitions in the last 12 months. It’ll take something drastic for him to be dropped. 

Plus the fact Brophy looks WAY off the pace, his recovery through the summer clearly meant that he's not done a proper preseason. 

I'd have had White subbed off for Samuel in the last couple of games myself.

Against the run of play that opening goal. Some overhead kick from the boy lying on the ground.

Almost an equaliser straight away, a good save from James Brown.

A flurry of corners for County & White's unlucky to hit the post with a header bouncing up off the deck. He should maybe have done better tbh.

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

Not as comfy as the scoreline suggests but we were well on top by the end there.

Shinnie is brilliant at breaking up play but his technical limitations really show through in a game like this. Jensens options limited as Shinnie and Hayes are on the left. Both are great with a lot of space ahead, but movement in tight spaces isn't great.

I'd be looking to play Shinnie in front of the defence from now.

Certainly take that after a pretty poor start. While I wouldn’t say we were playing long ball all the time there were still too many hopeful passes that gave up possession in the early parts of the game. The teams looked a lot better once they’ve managed to string a few passes together.

Still not over obviously. If County get the next goal it could get quite nervy again.