Hibernian vs St Johnstone - 23 September 2023

Lots of excitement for this one I take it?

Could be quite a pivotal game for saints, almost a full squad to chose from, starting to show maybe just a few little signs we're getting better (albeit not huge) and hopefully a team that's starting to gel a little.

Hibs with their new manager and  a first home game for him, so decent crowd perhaps for the home team?

Season started against Dundee IMO.

Sympathy with MacLean but at the same time we're 5 league games, and 9 competitive games, in now and look well behind everyone else. At some point you have to question whether thats entirely down to players coming in later in the window (7 been here over a month now), or whether its simply an issue that we're not good enough and a different approach (in terms of set up) is needed. But then thats you starting at scratch again.

Proper fear about Hibs pace in this as our CBs are slow as f**k pace wise and trying to turn. They should really allow us up the park to overcommit then spam balls into the channels, we dont have enough quality out wide for them to have to worry too much about wingers defending IMO.

Traditionally a good hunting ground for us, and its the type of game you need points from if you want to avoid the bottom spot. Im expecting to see us genuinely competitive at this stage.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Proper fear about Hibs pace in this as our CBs are slow as f**k pace wise and trying to turn. They should really allow us up the park to overcommit then spam balls into the channels, we dont have enough quality out wide for them to have to worry too much about wingers 

I wonder if the pace of Boyle in particular might make MacLean have a think about either shape or more likely whether Considine is best placed for this game.

Got a feeling we might get something here...

12 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Gonna regret saying this, but it be much worse than the previous one? 

Fair point - I never had any issues, but think I was in the minority.

I cant be there early, so will be keeping a beady eye on this thread for the unfolding shambles.........