Dundee United v Queen’s Park - Saturday 30 September 2023 at 3.00pm

52 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

Hearing this for the first time on the radio on the way back down the road is my lasting memory from that game…

I genuinely admire (and envy) anyone who can recall details like that.

14 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My only concern is that we had a horrific record against Gretna back in the day while every other club seemed to pump them.  Are there any similarities between Gretna and Queens Park?

Yes. Both teams play in white strips with a black trim. Mission has covered the rest. 

12 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I remember a cup-tie played at Airdrie in early 1999 which was a draw but never went to the replay. Don’t recall anything after that?

Aye it went to a replay: I was at both games, Queen's Park had a decent side, but can't recall why they played the first match at Airdrie.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Christ I hope we’re not going to concede yet another goal.  :angry:

I see your point, but reckon there's a good chance QP will score, it's their defence which has been the major issue this season.

14 hours ago, williebraveheart said:

Back in the 1950s when we were getting hammered by everyone my mum used to joke by encouraging me to take a piece of string to Hampden and tie a knot in it every time the opposition scored. That way I could keep track of the score. No electronic screens in those days. I have raked through my "bits and pieces" drawer and found a piece of string which could come in very handy on Saturday. My last visit to Tannadice was a million years ago, 1978, for a Scottish Cup quarter final which we lost 2-0, if my memory serves me right.

I remember it well. A terracing like the North Face of the Eiger and Ian the Alky practising for the shot putt at the Moscow Olympics!

12 minutes ago, Mission said:

No similarities at all. Gretna had their own ground, a decent coach, actually did make it to the premier league and you could get a pie for £1.50 rather than £3.60 at Hampden. 

If you ever get drawn against us at Tannadice in a cup game you should bring up a load of the £1.50 pies and sell them outside the ground, you will make a fortune.

Please remember to refer to them ‘pehs’ in any promotional material or the locals won’t know what you’re talking about and you’ll be left with them all.

47 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I see your point, but reckon there's a good chance QP will score, it's their defence which has been the major issue this season.

Aye but our defence has, for the most part, been rock solid.

The addition of Gandalf will help.

IMG_1158.gif.5feec9093f060d3423c447a1c97a35a5.gif

We've been utter gash the last couple of games and it's hard to see the run of defeats ending on Saturday. We desperately need a decent performance or a pish performance and a win or draw.

Hopefully Thomson is back where he should be in midfield. Longridge at right back? Probably.

I'd take a draw now but that'll change after a few sherbets.  Away win banker.

Before a ball is kicked can I say what a pleasurable experience it has been to share a thread with Queen’s Park fans.

Committed to their team and willing to engage in a bit of banter yet none of the snarkiness of many of the Morton fans of a fortnight ago.

Obviously I want us to win tomorrow but for those of you travelling I hope you enjoy your day and for all of you I hope you have a successful season.

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Before a ball is kicked can I say what a pleasurable experience it has been to share a thread with Queen’s Park fans.

Committed to their team and willing to engage in a bit of banter yet none of the snarkiness of many of the Morton fans of a fortnight ago.

Obviously I want us to win tomorrow but for those of you travelling I hope you enjoy your day and for all of you I hope you have a successful season.

Well that’s very kind of you. When it comes to snarkiness, Morton posters are in a small class of their own. The other contenders for Bams of the Year last season were your blood brothers down the road so, quid pro quo, it’s a pleasant surprise to find United fans so civilised. 

Your wants regards the match outcome are pretty much guaranteed. Our morphing process is still in the embryo phase. Enjoy the game!

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

stillgame-birthdaycairdpish (1).gif

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

team america vomit GIF

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

A poor man's Gretna and second biggest side on the southside after Pollok  

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

A poor man's Gretna and second biggest side on the southside after Pollok  

I think you'll find that we're a rich man's Gretna.

Nobody, including United fans, was too bothered about rich guys pumping money into their clubs when they benefitted. We're being very, very unfairly targeted here. I'm hurt.