Rangers v Aberdeen: Saturday 3pm

10 hours ago, AJF said:

He made a steady progression at Rangers year on year, which culminated in a title win in emphatic fashion. What he has done since he left us is immaterial, but to say he was shit at us is completely false.

I think you are not giving Neil Lennon the credit he is due

What a day yesterday was at Ibrox which makes up for all those shitty trips in the past. Very enjoyable watching the reaction of Rangers fans but understandable as they are not that good a team.

Amazing what 10 days does and we now look so well organised - we just needed time to get the new players into the system we play.

October is a big month for Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

I think you are not giving Neil Lennon the credit he is due

Haha, aye no doubt he was the main reason behind Celtic’s implosion. But as mentioned before, we finished on 102 points that season. It would’ve been hard for most to catch us - he just failed in spectacular and hilarious fashion.

10 hours ago, RawB93 said:

If it's been less than 30 days you might still be able to get your money back.

Good, flags aren’t cheap, you know!

9 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

936 refers to letters in the alphabet, 9th, 3rd, 6th.

The skull iconography is an SS Totenkopf, which has inbuilt references to a certain former leader of the Nazi party.

Isn't the first time they've turned up to Rangers matches with something similar.

That’s embarrassing eh.

4 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

Didn’t realise it was as much as £4.3m Rangers payed for Dessers, ooft

It was an undisclosed fee, is there proof of that sum?

I'm more worried about his 4 year deal, though players have a had poor starts before and came good (unlikely)

2 minutes ago, Molotov said:

St Mirren will out boo them at SMP next week. Amateurs.

They stole our “bouncy” but they can never steal our Fcukin boos!

Boooooooooooo.....

Edited by bennett
Auto type thingy

1 minute ago, bennett said:

It was an undisclosed fee, id there proof of that sum?

I'm more worried about his 4 year deal, though players have a had poor starts before and came good (unlikely)

Boooooooooooo.....

In fairness that was just a quick google after watching him look like a competition winner on Sportscene. Looks a really poor piece of business though for a guy who turns 29 soon who you’d have to say looks to have no sell on value.

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Good, flags aren’t cheap, you know!

That’s embarrassing eh.

The embarrassing bit is how on earth they got away with unfurling that inside the stadium. Fair enough, Stewards aren't employed because of their knowledge of mid 20th Century fascist symbolism, but surely to f**k they should have an inkling about who the known idiots are and be on the lookout for what they might get up to. 

I'm assuming the flag itself was blootered fairly quickly because there are other photos of the same guys and the flag is nowhere to be seen, but they could have put it away of their own accord, and since there is no timestamp on the photos it's impossible to tell or even guess how long it might have been on display for. The fact it's happened before and was permitted to happen again, same folk on more than one occasion, suggests it's time to review stewarding. Also makes me wonder why, if the flag was removed, the guys who were holding it evidently were not.

Only saving grace is the meaning of it will have passed a lot of people by, but can you imagine some auld duffer who maybe lost their dad in the war clocking that and knowing exactly what it is? 🤨

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Obviously great viewing, but the young lad filming with his phone and providing commentary has me fuming. Imagine sitting next to that. 

The "vlogger" in question was next to me at Alloa v Morton in pre-season. I can confirm that it's irritating as f**k listening to someone do that. I eventually moved away.

41 minutes ago, bennett said:

It was an undisclosed fee, is there proof of that sum?

Boooooooooooo.....

It really is concerning. We actually started the match fairly well and had a few opportunities from balls into the box. There was one that fell to Dessers about 2 minutes in that sat up perfectly to volley and he skied it from about 7 or 8 yards. He just seems to have no redeeming qualities.

Edited by AJF

Very happy with the score and the performance after the first half hour or so. Fortunately they didn't take their chances early on and we did. 

Rangers were tactically inept. Couple of times they moved the ball across the pitch quickly they were in almost unopposed around the sides but they kept trying to play through the lines, which just got less and less effective as we got better at dealing with it. 

Our defence looked better, but still vulnerable. Clarkson, Shinnie, McGrath and McKenzie all conteders for MoTM for me. Honourable mention for Scott Wright's hilarious cameo.