Well v Celts

On 02/10/2023 at 17:19, Dosser1886 said:

Or the police start doing their jobs.

Problem is they are moaning about not getting an away allocation to the old firm games, this kind of scum behaviour continues they'll be getting reduced allocations to all games.

Also if there is some kind of incident due to a crush caused by people forcing their way in, they will take zero reponsibilty it will all be somebody else's fault.

Ban them all

11 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Well, this thread's taken a bit of a turn. Probably more 'discussion' of issues over a fire exit than the actual game. 

I'm away to look at tickets for Livi on Saturday. Or maybe I could just ask my dad to open the fire exit to let me in.

Not really funny

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Yep, self-entitled arseholes.

the police made a c**t of it in the first place by not having a ticket check in the street to reduce the number of ticketless fans getting to the turnstiles. From what I’ve been told, Saturdays game was different as there were checks and few fans outside without tickets. The idiots trying to open the exits probably had no idea what was in the other side of the door. Still think the police shouldn’t be pushing against a fire exit but obviously a difficult one to police. 

No idea why I am getting involved but what might they have thought was on the other side of a fire exit.  Were they just being inquisitive?

2 hours ago, well again said:

We already spend the money on police Scotland who are expected to uphold law and order but this only applies to wee guys and motorists . As I have said previously the green brigade have free rein to do what they want with no recriminations . The club they support pander to them despite numerous fines from UEFA and they sing songs about their friends the terrorists in Ireland.

Do Police Scotland not film them for later use ?

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Then why are you saying it?

Anyway there’s a simple answer, don’t let Celtic or Sevco fans attend away games.

I think you are onto something here GD, they can't complain because they don't let each other attend away games after all.....

Edited by Moomintroll
Sleppign

1 hour ago, Ceiling Granny said:

If the door was being kicked open to let more fans in the police should have let that happen, had the match abandoned, and awarded 3 points and a 3-0 win to Motherwell. Then there would be absolutely nothing to talk about here 🫠

The suggestion there were not more people in the south stand than there are seats is laughable at best. 

There is absolutely no way the SPFL would award Celtic a 3-0 defeat in those circumstances.

5 hours ago, bennett said:

Is it really so hard to say that a section of the celtic support acted like kunts? 

Lawwell and the celtic board must be scunnered with the green brigade, similar with us and the union bears.

What part of I don’t generally go to away games due to the behaviour of some of our away support didn’t land with you?

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, AJF said:

It’s already been pointed out by other Celtic fans here that there was two ticket checkpoints before the turnstiles that should’ve stopped any ticketless Celtic fans from reaching the stadium.

You make it seem as though this fire exit just happens to be there to allow Celtic fans illegal entry. No, they attempted to smash through it 😂 what can Motherwell do to direct Celtic fans away from a fire exit without causing any issues if it needs to be used in a genuine emergency?

”Celtic fans are not blameless in this” Christ, they are the only ones to blame for attempting to boot the door open.

This !

I’m not saying it’s happened much at Rugby Park as I can only remember one occasion where Celtic fans really caused any sort of bother at RP and that was 20 years ago now* however there have been numerous reports of Celtic fans consistently acting like fannies at different away venues over the last 5-10 years. 

*if you include damaged seats probably about 4-5 times.

1 hour ago, ropy said:

No idea why I am getting involved but what might they have thought was on the other side of a fire exit.  Were they just being inquisitive?

If only people stored hungry alligators behind fire doors.

5 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

There were 2 police checks going up to the ground, and going by that video, im guessing there weren’t many ticketless fans just hanging about. 

You've made this claim a few times. Exactly where were these checks? I walked just over half a mile from my house to Fir Park with no football colours on, passed Dalziel Drive that leads up to the away stand and the only police presence I saw before the game was at the John Hunter turnstiles. So unless they were standing up the hill and round the bend at the start of the concourse I am really confused as to where this band of ticket checking police people were?

And to whomever it was that said celtic fans were kept inside afterwards - that's utter pish too. Plenty of them walking down Dalziel Drive to Windmillhill Street as I left. Maybe you weren't able to leave for 15mins because there were too many of you to leave on an ordinary timescale.

52 minutes ago, AnderooMFC said:

You've made this claim a few times. Exactly where were these checks? I walked just over half a mile from my house to Fir Park with no football colours on, passed Dalziel Drive that leads up to the away stand and the only police presence I saw before the game was at the John Hunter turnstiles. So unless they were standing up the hill and round the bend at the start of the concourse I am really confused as to where this band of ticket checking police people were?

And to whomever it was that said celtic fans were kept inside afterwards - that's utter pish too. Plenty of them walking down Dalziel Drive to Windmillhill Street as I left. Maybe you weren't able to leave for 15mins because there were too many of you to leave on an ordinary timescale.

But they open the fire doors at full time, maybe one of them was broken

Edited by ropy

4 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Still think the police shouldn’t be pushing against a fire exit but obviously a difficult one to police. 

Was there a fire inside the stadium and thousands of supporters lives at risk?

No. 

Stop blaming the police. 

1 hour ago, AnderooMFC said:

I had my ticket checked twice  ,by police at the top of the road before you turn right down the wee hill to the Motorola stand, just a brief glance at it in fairness but it was taken from me and checked by a steward at the temporary fencing that is always in place at the bottom of the hill just before the concourse/turnstiles under the stand, I was also patted down at the same bit by a policeman, thankfully my hip flask tucked down the front of my jeans went undetected 😎

This is pretty much standard for every time I visit Fir Park, can't comment on the validity of the claims of guys opening fire exits to let ticketless mates in but, from what I know of the set up and protocol at Motherwell and away games in general, large amounts of ticketless fans would only gain access to such an area if they were extremely early and caught the authorities out by trying this before cordons and gates etc were set up?

One thing I have noticed though is there definitely seems to be a noticeable element of it at European away games, it was extremely noticeable at Feyenoord the other week, not the first time I've witnessed such scenes in Europe, in principle I don't have a problem with individuals chancing there arm at turnstiles to try and get in but not to the extent they are being aggressive to fellow fans demanding they let them double up or pass their tickets back through to them and being confrontational and aggressive to people refusing to do so, not to mention similar aggressive behaviour towards police and stewards when caught out which antaganises attitudes by them to the entire away support on a whole, its very prevalent at European aways but I haven't personally witnessed it much in Scotland bar the odd one or two trying to bump in.

7 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I certainly remember their Christmas/New Year disgustathon at Dens Park a few seasons back.

Aye, same. Stairs were nowhere to be seen that night too.

6 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

The idiots trying to open the exits probably had no idea what was in the other side of the door. Still think the police shouldn’t be pushing against a fire exit but obviously a difficult one to police. 

I was thinking this. There's a good chance they thought it was a steward or two or else did they really expect to force their way past 8 polis? There seems to be 4 at the other door too. Whilst I do think their actions were justified, was there not an option to have the fire exits ajar with 6 polis on each door, 3 facing each way? There's definitely an element of mob rule here but I can't see them flattening polis by the tens.

8 hours ago, Molotov said:

Was there a fire inside the stadium and thousands of supporters lives at risk?

No. 

Stop blaming the police. 

I wasn’t blaming them, my 1st line in that post that you quoted, and edited out, was blaming the Celtic fans pushing the door. 

11 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

What part of I don’t generally go to away games due to the behaviour of some of our away support didn’t land with you?

There is no way I would stop watching my team because of arsehole behaviour within my clubs fan base. 

I would like to see more fans self policing. 

Some of the actions of these “ultra groups” need nipping in the bud. 

Before the last St Mirren game at home against Hearts a group of around 20 St Mirren ultras decided that they would just ignore the queues at the turnstiles and go straight to the entrance resulting in a very angry exchange between home supporters. 

The stewards did nothing as it seems these days it’s just not worth the hassle on a minimum wage. 

Why do these individuals think they are so entitled?