St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies

42 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

This.

I'm not in the slightest bit comfortable about all the 'St. Mirren are certs to beat us on Sunday' and '6/1 is a steal' type bellowing coming from Rangers supporters.

Rangers still have far better players than we do and the combination of us being undefeated and Rangers in an absolute shambles and expecting nothing from us on Sunday doesn't sit well with me. I'd say it's the same old story with us expected to beat a team and shitting the bed, but it's not. I don't remember a time we've ever played either arsecheek and been genuinely fancied to get a win by the arsecheek supporters.

What I will say though is that I always feel a little bit more comfortable playing a team on the back of a European midweek away trip but all of these things just stacking up seemingly in our favour gives me the unbudging feeling that something's gonny go tits up.

The players available maybe better but they're not good enough to break teams down and we will be easy to hit on the break.  The easy option would be to sit in and play teams at their own game for awhile but our fans would kick off if that happened. 

Also Davis appears like he's not going to upset any of his mates in the team, should be an easy win for you buds.

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

Yes, its a difficult one. Do you want your main challengers for the league to drop points, or Rangers. A draw probably suits you best.

12 hours ago, The Golden God said:

As a Celtic fan I’m not sure who I want to win tbh. 

St Mirren.

Follow Follow is a cracking commute read after a loss.

I still have the fear it will all go wrong for Saints on Sunday.

They may be playing shite, but if a combined 11 was made out of the 2 starting 11, how many would be Saint players, 1 or 2 at max i say.

Wounded animals are dangerous and Saints will need most of their players to be 100% on their game. 

12 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I've already received two texts tonight from Zombies claiming that we're going to take the points on Sunday. 

Your players earn ~8 times what ours get. You should pump us. No excuses. The pressure's all on you.

Why does @bennett have your phone number?

Make no mistake this will not be a walkover. Rangers are a wounded animal and will still be tough to beat. 

Before the Aberdeen game they won 4 games. There is goals in their side with Roofe and Sima. 

We will need to be on our game and get a bit of luck from the Refs, VAR etc to win this one. 

Is it winnable? Yes but only if we get on it from the start. 

Get their fans on their backs early and no stupid mistakes. 

48 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Make no mistake this will not be a walkover. Rangers are a wounded animal and will still be tough to beat. 

Before the Aberdeen game they won 4 games. There is goals in their side with Roofe and Sima. 

We will need to be on our game and get a bit of luck from the Refs, VAR etc to win this one. 

There’s always a fly in the ointment.

Under Robinson we have prospered by playing a counter attacking game. This could backfire on us on Sunday since sitting back and allowing Rangers to have a high percentage of possession is sure to boost their confidence. It is crucial for us that we make the most of the few attacking opportunities that come our way.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

This has rangers win written all over it I’m afraid. 

We’ve all been there, in good form, competing with them in the league, they are in ‘crisis’, chance to put some distance, home game. 

It is inevitable I’m afraid. 

Yup, that’s the scenario, a movie we’ve all seen before. St Mirren however need to try and rip up the script by taking it to them, try to get on the front foot, not act like they’re Brazil 1970 or prime time Barcelona, and get fcuking into them. 

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This.

I'm not in the slightest bit comfortable about all the 'St. Mirren are certs to beat us on Sunday' and '6/1 is a steal' type bellowing coming from Rangers supporters.

Rangers still have far better players than we do and the combination of us being undefeated and Rangers in an absolute shambles and expecting nothing from us on Sunday doesn't sit well with me. I'd say it's the same old story with us expected to beat a team and shitting the bed, but it's not. I don't remember a time we've ever played either arsecheek and been genuinely fancied to get a win by the arsecheek supporters.

What I will say though is that I always feel a little bit more comfortable playing a team on the back of a European midweek away trip but all of these things just stacking up seemingly in our favour gives me the unbudging feeling that something's gonny go tits up.

And that "something" is probably called Nick Walsh.

St Mirren are winless in 20 league meetings with Rangers, losing 18 of them (D2) since a 2-1 victory in December 2011 under Danny Lennon.

Rangers have lost just two of their last 32 league visits to St Mirren (W25 D5), winning six of their last seven in the top flight (D1).

St Mirren are just one of two Scottish Premiership teams yet to lose a match this season (along with Celtic). The Buddies have picked up 15 points from a possible 21 and sit in second place (W4 D3 L0).

Steve Davis is in charge of this match for Rangers following Michael Beale’s sacking. Davis’ league managerial debut comes just 297 days after playing his last league match for the club. During his playing career, he faced St Mirren 21 times in the top flight, losing on just two occasions (W18 D1).

St Mirren’s Stephen Robinson has won none of his 16 previous league matches as a manager against Rangers (D4 L12), 11 with Motherwell (D3 L8) and five with St Mirren (D1 L4).

47 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I had thought Robbo would have won against them with the mighty Well.

i found that statistic surprising.

We beat them convincingly under Robbo at Hampden in the semi's (the Cardoso's nose game), and he was the assistant for the playoff games, but the last time we beat Rangers in the league was so long ago I've got it on VHS.

Edited by Al B

5 hours ago, AW saint said:

Conversely you will seldom have a better chance - wounded animals often have mobility issues and last night tended to support that.

If Saints score first Rangers will have to come at them, and that could create further opportunities, never mind a growling away support on their backs.

Play your normal game and you may be pleasantly surprised.

3 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Conversely you will seldom have a better chance - wounded animals often have mobility issues and last night tended to support that.

If Saints score first Rangers will have to come at them, and that could create further opportunities, never mind a growling away support on their backs.

Play your normal game and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Were you around in 2009?

Hope the game's not in any danger. Trains being cancelled across Scotland today, apparently.

While we are far from favourites, this does represent a decent chance to get at a weakened Rangers and I'll be disappointed if they get breathing space to regroup.

Screenshot_20231007-095406.png