St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies

I'd have much rather faced Rangers under Beale, he was surely the most uninspiring manager in the league.

Rae will come in and put a rocket up a few arses, the fact that the game is against us probably motivates him a wee bit more.

We're good enough to take something from the game, but I'm a bit cautious in being over confident.

7 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I'd have much rather faced Rangers under Beale, he was surely the most uninspiring manager in the league.

Rae will come in and put a rocket up a few arses, the fact that the game is against us probably motivates him a wee bit more.

We're good enough to take something from the game, but I'm a bit cautious in being over confident.

Rae is more likely to pull faeces out of his own arse and fling it at people. 

59 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Rae is more likely to pull faeces out of his own arse and fling it at people. 

He's not a good manager and I don't think he's had any success as an assistant wherever he's been either.

Whilst his recruitment was an unmitigated disaster for us, he did get a reaction when he first came in. He came to us after Ian Murray resigned and kept us up. He told a few players some home truths and upset some of them. But he did get a reaction, I'm not convinced we'd have stayed up if Ian Murray had continued in the job. 

35 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

He's not a good manager and I don't think he's had any success as an assistant wherever he's been either.

Whilst his recruitment was an unmitigated disaster for us, he did get a reaction when he first came in. He came to us after Ian Murray resigned and kept us up. He told a few players some home truths and upset some of them. But he did get a reaction, I'm not convinced we'd have stayed up if Ian Murray had continued in the job. 

Yeah, and that reaction got us over the line that season. Weirdly, Rae is still only the fourth-worst manager we've had in the past decade, which is remarkable really. You could make a reasonable argument for fifth worst* depending on how harsh you want to be on Gary Teale.

All this sounds like I'm defending him: I'm not. He's the worst c**t.

*Worst in order of ineptitude:

Stubbs
Craig
Murray
Rae/Teale

3 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, and that reaction got us over the line that season. Weirdly, Rae is still only the fourth-worst manager we've had in the past decade, which is remarkable really. You could make a reasonable argument for fifth worst* depending on how harsh you want to be on Gary Teale.

Stubbs
Craig
Murray
Rae/Teale

Bit harsh on Gary Teale for me. He inherited a poor squad and then the board sold our best player.

The one thing all of those managers have in common is dreadful recruitment. Out of every player signed by Stubbs/Craig/Murray/Rae I'd have to say only Shankland and Gary Mackenzie were decent. Some of the others looked like they'd be lifted straight out of the local Sunday league (in Stubbs case I think that actually might have happened).

9 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Ideally aye, they looked so poor for weeks, i didnt think they were going to pull the trigger until after this game

. What was looking like a tasty game anyway has just had the mother of acne boxes of dynamite lit under it. This won't be the pantomime villain abuse either. Rangers fans probably won't get it, or care either way its just another game to them.

They will either win the majority of their games in charge or its going to be a hilarious disaster ending with Rae sticking the nut on at least one of the players.

38 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Stubbs
Craig
Murray
Rae/Teale

Teale should be nowhere near that list. He was harshly chucked for the clown Murray if anything and dealt a brutal hand in the short tenure he had.

Rae did a good job initially with Murray’s squad then made an arse of his own squad. And subjected us to a midfield of Carswell and Hutton (apologies for reminding everyone of those days they two plodded about a park). Since being sacked all he’s done is moan about the budget, only getting 6 games, he’ll reveal all about what he had to deal with while working for Saints etc.

He’s the same as Stubbs but with a few more wins on his record from the season prior. Bitter, dud manager.

45 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Teale should be nowhere near that list. He was harshly chucked for the clown Murray if anything and dealt a brutal hand in the short tenure he had.

Rae did a good job initially with Murray’s squad then made an arse of his own squad. And subjected us to a midfield of Carswell and Hutton (apologies for reminding everyone of those days they two plodded about a park). Since being sacked all he’s done is moan about the budget, only getting 6 games, he’ll reveal all about what he had to deal with while working for Saints etc.

He’s the same as Stubbs but with a few more wins on his record from the season prior. Bitter, dud manager.

Those first six games that season contained some of the flattest, most depressing, uninspiring football i've seen at Saints, even worse than most of the 90's when we were rank rotten.

I remember Rae after a game at Somerset park Ayr declined his post match media duties, due to having some prior arrangement at a Rangers supporters event, or some other shite like that. 
He’s an insufferable wee corner boy with the same managerial ability of Alan Stubbs.

• Captain_Sensible changed the title to St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies
3 hours ago, willywastecoat said:

Need to watch out for the manager bouncy bouncy.

Rangers played St Mirren at Love Street in first game after sacking John Greig in 1983. St Mirren won 3-0

Rangers also played St Mirren in first game after removing Jock Wallace and announcing Souness as manager in 1986.

Walter Smith too his place in the dug out at Love Street for his first Rangers game and oversaw a 2-1 defeat to St Mirren

😉

Edited by Captain_Sensible