Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov

Both sides will be eager to quickly move on from disappointing defeats.

McPake seemed extremely unhappy with the performance at Firhill and it’s rare we’ve lost since he took over, never mind so convincingly.

No need for an overreaction though; right back to it at EEP and an opportunity to get another three points on the board. Important we respond quickly.

Hopefully Mehmet and Summers will come in for Sharp and Jakubiak.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Pars to put three past Arbroath. The third will be due to a world class defence splitting pass from Hamilton, who’ll run over to the away dug out, slap Campbell roond the pus, grab his bunnit and do a fantastic Norman Wisdom impression across the park to the deafening adulation from the NW crew. 

Then in the second half……….

Joking aside, I’m always worried when we’re playing Arbroath. They are one of those teams that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck, and pump you. Just ask Ayr, Airdrie, Morton, and Partick

We’d better be on our best form when they rock up to EEP, or we could find ourselves in trouble 

Even though yesterday was disappointing, under McPake we tend to bounce back really quickly, so we shouldn't be too disheartened.

We should be looking for maximum points against Arbroath & Ayr at home and if we play like we did against Morton, we'll win them both. It's important that we as fans make EEP a nasty place for opposition teams to visit, so hopefully the ground is rocking again despite yesterday.

The really frustrating thing is that we struggle to keep the same eleven back to back due to picking up unfortunate injuries, so fingers crossed Summers is back for this one, would also like to see Moffat start as he looked a player against Morton.

36 minutes ago, Parscelona said:

The really frustrating thing is that we struggle to keep the same eleven back to back due to picking up unfortunate injuries, so fingers crossed Summers is back for this one, would also like to see Moffat start as he looked a player against Morton.

Summers back will be massive for us. Young Moffat is a very good player for a wee fella, but lacks physical strength. I’m sure he’ll build up his strength to the standard of wee Josh Falkinham, and hopefully he’ll get there soon. IMO that’s going to transform the laddie into another special find from our management team 

I’d feel much happier if Mehmet was back in the starting lineup next week too

Edited by Wacky

I'm not convinced Sharp is a bad keeper but that's 2 really bad mistakes that have cost us dearly. His distribution wasn't great yesterday either.

Mehmet has to come in next week. Hopefully they're just managing Summers' thigh strain, the last thing we need is another long term injury 

Edited by da_no_1

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

I'd feel much happier if Mehmet was back in the starting lineup next week too

Definitely, Deniz is number one and should be right back in the starting line up for this one, Sharp hasn't played well enough to keep his place.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

No result would surprise me here.

This. We looked certain for relegation after the first 3 game then turned it around massively and look half decent. We weren’t bad on saturday but some horrendous mistakes at the back. 

One certainly is wighton will score.

Saturday was woeful, by far our worst performance under McPake but I'm not concerned. We've now played all the teams you'd expect to be up near the top, and we've coped not too bad given injury issues. Saturday was different but on another day when we've not got 5+ injuries to first team regulars we hold on for the win at Tannadice and get a result against Raith.

The Championship is a mad league to predict. Arbroath have a poor start, then go to Thistle and win comfortably, we then go off the back of a good run and get battered. Thistle did what they had to but it was our own downfall that led to that result on Saturday.

Hopefully Summers is fit and Deniz is back in between the sticks. Can't imagine anyone else of real significance will be involved but would be nice to see Andy Tod Jnr and Paul Allan on the bench.

Home win, but a fairly close and scrappy affair, 1 nil or 2-1.

18 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Should go to 4 at the back. Don't think DC would expect that. He'll have saw how Paetick exploited the gap in midfield easily.

Tricky Dicky will play three up front if we do that. Or have his boys sitting in to draw our wingbacks forward soaking up any pressure, then test us on the break. 
We all know how difficult DC’s team can be  to pick apart. If we don’t keep our wits about us we could be screwed by the big rid lichtie boabby. 
I still fancy oor chances tho. 

On 02/10/2023 at 14:03, Monkfish85 said:

Arbroath’s last two away performances 3-0 at Morton and 3-0 at Partick have been their best of the season. Strongly fancy us here. Scoring and creating chances every game 

Insert some slaver from the BBC talking about Arbroath benefiting from the wind at Gayfield here.