Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Bit drizzly but was out in my shorts for a good long walk with the dog. 

Because my day is now an entire lost cause, I’m considering take my bestie oot in the car to find someplace different for him to sniff around. 
He loves running around a beach, so thinking StAndrews. We’ve no been there for years. 

10 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Because my day is now an entire lost cause, I’m considering take my bestie oot in the car to find someplace different for him to sniff around. 
He loves running around a beach, so thinking StAndrews. We’ve no been there for years. 

Renton recommends Kingsbarns too if you head up that way. He reckons they didn’t try too hard to get the game on and are happy to see some injuries clear.

IMG_1382.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Renton recommends Kingsbarns too if you head up that way. He reckons they didn’t try too hard to get the game on and are happy to see some injuries clear.

Pass Shane’s thanks to Renton please. I have a couple of days off, so I’ll take him to kingsbarns Monday or Tuesday 

15 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

From a football perspective this is good for us tbf. 

Agreed. This is a bonus for our injury ravaged squad. 
Though I’m scunnered that there’s no game this weekend, the squad and my doggy pal will benefit from it 

We had a dog when I was (much) younger. She loved firing around Blairadam, was her favourite place to go, so most Sundays she'd jump in the boot of the old man's car and we'd take her up.

She was always absolutely burst after and would sleep for about 18 hours, waking only to have her dinner. 

• Cardle is Magic changed the title to Pars P-P Arbroath - New Date TBC
2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

my dog will turn nose up at even going out the back on a day like this and will piss on the bathroom mat when my backs turned. Happy days.

I have a frenchie, he loves days like today

6 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

There is nothing they can do about it? 

We've had problems with the pitch for a long time. I think the pitch is below street level. Back in seventies it was often a gluepot. I think they dug out some underlying clay at some point and that was supposed to help. Then we had that silly carpet for a pitch. The undersoil heating has also had problems. Not much you can do if the ground is saturated. Clear the water and it just comes back. Also with the constant rain you could start the game if the pitch was just playable and have it stopped by half-time. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

5 hours ago, Paranoid said:

We've had problems with the pitch for a long time. I think the pitch is below street level. Back in seventies it was often a gluepot. I think they dug out some underlying clay at some point and that was supposed to help. Then we had that silly carpet for a pitch. The undersoil heating has also had problems. Not much you can do if the ground is saturated. Clear the water and it just comes back. Also with the constant rain you could start the game if the pitch was just playable and have it stopped by half-time. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

It's rare a game gets called off at East End for rain. It's about once or twice a decade going by recent records.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Cardle is Magic changed the title to Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This is a must win game for us. Honestly think McPake will be under a bit of pressure with another home defeat after tonight’s shambles.

I'm not sure, with the form we're in I think he should be under pressure, but I don't think he'll be under any sort of heat from the board. 

Even if we lose on Tuesday we'll still be fifth and only two points off the playoffs, which is wild. 

Considering how stinking we've been for weeks I thought there'd be more anger tbh but it was utterly tame. 

As I said on the other thread the credit in the bank has now gone for me, he needs to start producing at this level. 

McPake has made far more changes to the starting XI this season than he did last season.

The ridiculous injury situation hasn't helped him there, but even that aside there were things like brining Todd and KRH in to the starting team on Saturday then firing them down to the bench tonight. Also, staring Jakubiak in general, since he's quite terrible.