Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov

45 minutes ago, ellichtie said:

East End's been happy hunting for us the past few seasons so hopefully we can keep that up. Would like to see Turan back in from the start and better defending than we got last week. Mon the Lichties.

‘the past few seasons’ - wasn’t that just the one season, when Grant/Hughes were in charge? I think we beat you every time you played at East End, when Crawford was in charge.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

‘the past few seasons’ - wasn’t that just the one season, when Grant/Hughes were in charge? I think we beat you every time you played at East End, when Crawford was in charge.

Yup, when Nouble absolutely smashed us.

2 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

The best game was when the wind actually did blow at Gayfield and Crawford was just about in tears in the post match interview. Beaten that day before you even kicked a ball.

Aye the team never adapted to the wind and seemed to give in. I recall OFW trying the same kick out each time against the wind and it repeatedly being blown right back to him.

Anyway, hoping last weekend was similar to when Scotland got pumped in Ireland last year, a wee blip. However the injuries will be a big factor for us. Not sure whose turn it is to get injured next, but Comrie, Edwards, Chalmers and Hamilton must be worried that they'll win this week's edition of injury roulette.

37 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

The best game was when the wind actually did blow at Gayfield and Crawford was just about in tears in the post match interview. Beaten that day before you even kicked a ball.

Was raging at the attitude of our manager and team that day. Beaten before playing, excuses all ready. Arbroath took full advantage of the conditions, and so they should. We didn't use it to our advantage in any way. 

Anyway, 5 0 Pars on Saturday.

17 minutes ago, Hammerafc said:

Remember that day. I’d say your record against us must be very good at Gayfield and pretty average at East End, which was why I was surprised when someone claimed East End was a happy hunting ground.

Can recall a few stinking performances at Gayfield and always hate when anyone uses the weather excuse. Conditions are the same for both teams and you should be prepared for wind when playing Arbroath away. It’s frustrating as a Pars fan, a trip to Gayfield is a good day out, spoiled by the football.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Weather looks absolutely ghastly this weekend in Dunfermline. Heavy rain forecast all day on Sat.

Was just about to ask if the pitch is prone to getting waterlogged. Looking at the forecast 20 hours of solid rain pre KO

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Had a look at our H2H - you're right f**k knows what I'm on about.

48 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Can recall a few stinking performances at Gayfield and always hate when anyone uses the weather excuse. Conditions are the same for both teams and you should be prepared for wind when playing Arbroath away. It’s frustrating as a Pars fan, a trip to Gayfield is a good day out, spoiled by the football.

... Home advantage is a well established factor in football, how do you "prepare" for the wind at gay field? Have the players training for a week in a wind tunnel? I don't see the big deal at all in pointing out how players who play in conditions or an environment more than there opponents will(well should) have an advantage. 

We had it when we had our awful original plastic pitch, it was absolutely an advantage for us because we were more used to it. 

Fwiw I do still beleive the game that day should've been binned, was a shambles. 

38 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

... Home advantage is a well established factor in football, how do you "prepare" for the wind at gay field? Have the players training for a week in a wind tunnel? I don't see the big deal at all in pointing out how players who play in conditions or an environment more than there opponents will(well should) have an advantage. 

We had it when we had our awful original plastic pitch, it was absolutely an advantage for us because we were more used to it. 

Fwiw I do still beleive the game that day should've been binned, was a shambles. 

Well we train in Perth, and as we're only part time, we only train 2 evenings a week.  Plus its very rarely actually windy at Gayfield.  Its not like a plastic pitch where you train on it daily and play on it fortnightly.  We usually have maybe 2 windy games a season.  We're not really going to be any more prepared for it than any other team. 

Backing that up, we only won 2 home games last season, whereas we won 4 away games.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Players and manager were shitebags that day, no excuses. 

4 hours ago, Hammerafc said:

I was at that game, and I was almost in tears too. You guys played with the wind behind you and were shooting on sight from distance. We tried to play it on the ground. The second half we kept trying to play it on the ground. The craw should have told our guys to shoot on sight, yet we tried to walk the baw into the net. 
I went back doon the road raging 

4 hours ago, keptie said:

Was just about to ask if the pitch is prone to getting waterlogged. Looking at the forecast 20 hours of solid rain pre KO

It usually holds up pretty well,  we have had a few games postponed for being waterlogged but usually that's not normally due to sustained rainfall, games we have had off have been when its sudden hard rainfall onto a hard pitch.  I'd be quite surprised to see this in any doubt.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Doesn’t sound like anyone will be back for us, other than maybe Mehmet. Bene, Breen and Summers appear to be close but won’t quite make it.

Todd and KRH still out long-term.

He said Breeny trained well this week as did Paul Allan, so hopefully both of those guys are in the squad at least. Also said Summers could be okay, they've had one opinion saying he's okay and another saying he's not, so they'll give him up to Saturday to prove himself. But yes, positive that Bene isn't far off and I'd be fairly confident that Mehmet will start.