Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov

3 hours ago, Wacky said:

I don’t actually know who she is, but it’s a blond woman I’ve seen around EEP for years. She used to stand in the enclosure with the groundskeepers a good few tears ago, she held up an electric board with a big red 10 on it. There was no green number as in substitutions being made. I sit in the main stand and seen her clearly 

Sammi, she's one of the kit people along with Mo, she's been part of the staff since the AJ days at least.

41 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Sammi, she's one of the kit people along with Mo, she's been part of the staff since the AJ days at least.

I know she’s been around EEP for a fair bit of time. I remember her standing in the cowden end enclosure with the ground staff. She was there for a couple of seasons before I noticed her in the dugout with the staff. I’ve spoken with her a couple of time, very pleasant lass. 

5 hours ago, parsboi said:

When January comes if there aren’t two new centre backs appearing in our squad and a new keeper to replace Sharp and properly challenge Mehmet, then I do really wonder if McPake and the board are watching the same sport as I am.  It’s THAT obvious to me that it’s what we need.

And midfield cover.

2 hours ago, 101 said:

And midfield cover.

Aye I think Summers and Tod were supposed to be options there.  But for me it all still falls apart even if they were fit because we’re using midfielders to cover centre backs.  

Edited by parsboi

Think folk are going to be disappointed if they're hoping for a load of signings in January. Reckon there will be a couple but most likely more loans, and most likely not done until the end of the window.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Think folk are going to be disappointed if they're hoping for a load of signings in January. Reckon there will be a couple but most likely more loans, and most likely not done until the end of the window.

I'm actually expecting us to sell a centre back. 

Set those sights low baby! 

On 29/11/2023 at 18:38, DA Baracus said:

Can’t believe any but the very thickest of fans would expect loads of signings in January tbf.

A defender on a free or loan and maybe a young striker at a push.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Can’t believe any but the very thickest of fans would expect loads of signings in January tbf.

A defender on a free or loan and maybe a young striker at a push.

Have you seen some football fans?

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

No-one has even hinted at expecting "loads of signings" so not sure where that's come from?

55 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Was responding to DA’s post which mentions that exact phrase?

You mean the post below which also dismisses any prospects of "loads of signings"? Gotcha......

On 29/11/2023 at 18:38, DA Baracus said:

Think folk are going to be disappointed if they're hoping for a load of signings in January.

Like I said no-one has said they think there will be "loads of signings"

3 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

You mean the post below which also dismisses any prospects of "loads of signings"? Gotcha......

Like I said no-one has said they think there will be "loads of signings"

Surely DA Baracus thinks that "folk" do otherwise who do you expect will be disappointed? Have to say I'm with Cardle is Magic on this one.