Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov

47 minutes ago, lichtiekev said:

I don't understand why we don't try and push Stewart further up and play Norrie, Lyon or Gold RB

Should have done that when gold went off but McKenna now wasting out wide. If the right side ever consists of gold and Stewart the latter needs to be the further forward 

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Just seems to be keeping the ball for the sake of boosting possession stats, with no plan to break down their defence. That was what we watched every week under Hughes.

I expected Todd, KRH, Edwards and Moffat to get the ball and run at them and it’s not happening at all.

Arbroath have played it well in regards to defence, they're quite happy to let us have tie ball until it gets to Edwards and KRH at which point they suffocate them. Effective because without them we have no creativity. 

In a poor game with two poor teams, the Arbroath striker though looks the worst player on the park. 

Definite air of nervousness and consolidation. Earlier in the season, you seen the team at least trying to be inventive. I think that Cup game has shot the confidence to bits. We aren’t that good, but we are better than what we have seen tonight. Certainly in an attacking sense, anyway. 

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Just seems to be keeping the ball for the sake of boosting possession stats, with no plan to break down their defence. That was what we watched every week under Hughes.

I expected Todd, KRH, Edwards and Moffat to get the ball and run at them and it’s not happening at all.

It looks like mcpakes picked this team while half cut. KRH doesn't look like a rwb, Moffat has looked your only decent player going forward but by n large the team don't even look like they can be arsed.