Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We could do worse than bring in Douglas as a goalie coach. 

He was going to chuck it at Arbroath before the season started I believe - him and his Mrs were wanting to go away for a holiday every month which would obviously mean he couldn’t have too many football commitments. 

Just the 8 signings McPake made in the last window, and was reportedly after more. Doesn't sound like a lack of backing to me.

Re the 'contacts' Meggle has (misses what article this was said in), hasn't Brexit fucked that? I strongly doubt we'll be signing anyone before January anyway and in January I think folk could be very disappointed if they're expecting a big signing.

2 hours ago, TheRoundO said:

We’re looking for the No New Manager. Bounce. Clutching at straws really.

Someone said “we’ve had the same back 4 for years.” Between injuries and suspensions it’s been many months since we could play our first choice back 4. Probably not for this match either. Dick’s luck ran out on only having 4 defenders and filling the gaps with utility players.  
One of a number of problems. 

Not the only ones with defensive issues, in fairness. We’ll have Chris Hamilton at CB, where he’s been playing for the last month or so.

Hopefully Todd and KRH are fit enough to start, so we can run at the Arbroath defence and put them under pressure right from the start.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Just the 8 signings McPake made in the last window, and was reportedly after more. Doesn't sound like a lack of backing to me.

Re the 'contacts' Meggle has (misses what article this was said in), hasn't Brexit fucked that? I strongly doubt we'll be signing anyone before January anyway and in January I think folk could be very disappointed if they're expecting a big signing.

Agreed, and on that we paid a fee for KRH, and while I expect he's taken a pay cut, he was in decent wages at Rangers. 

As well as that the new contracts we've handed out to McCann and Todd, considering they had there original contracts as youths/squad players. And they recieved these ones as certified first teamers it wouldn't shock me if they'd doubled. 

I don't think our signings and squad make up is purely a financial thing, I think there's some decent money that's been spent on it. 

And on your last point, aye. I beleive so. 

Stuart Malcolm as caretaker manager, now there's a thought to make the blood run cold.  He's not really done anything at any of his managerial appointments so far.  Plus if he's anything like he was as a player, I'm expecting a lot of pointing, a lot of shouting, a lot of organising, but inexplicably, no actual defending.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Will a stream be available to purchase seeing as it is a Tuesday evening game?

50 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye it'll be on ParsTv, you'll need to buy a monthly subscription though which I think is £20.

It’s an utter f**king shambles that even outside the effectively voluntary SPFL/SFA agreement to blackouts on Saturday afternoon kicks, they won’t allow a PPV sale outwith it, but insist on a monthly subscription!

Whilst we're all here pointing out our short comings, don't think the disaster in Friday is the Pars standard. It was a sign of how bad it can be but a lot of players failed to show up. 

Convincing win for the Pars as we bounce back to some resemblance of how we can play, even with a makeshift defence, weak centre midfield and lack of striking power.

I’m sorry to say Clashy I do admire your optimism but there seems to be a just a wee bit too much of them coming from a place of maroon (and in recent days Dick Campbell) tinted spectacles - things are pretty grim at the moment and the players look shot of all confidence - the real Arbroath going by the laws of averages these last 18 months is a very poor Arbroath team.

We have shown there is a team in there with the wee run we went on where we were excellent but getting that out of us again is going to be tough - and that’s why Dick Campbell has been punted - a real bad energy’s been hanging off us the last 6 weeks and we do not look like a cohesive unit that knows their roles at all - that’s been on Dick.

Sellars, Malcolm and Liam Craig (where has he come from by the way) will try their best but all they can realistically do is gee them up. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

It’s an utter f**king shambles that even outside the effectively voluntary SPFL/SFA agreement to blackouts on Saturday afternoon kicks, they won’t allow a PPV sale outwith it, but insist on a monthly subscription!

Aye mate it's fucking stupid. 

I reckon it does the club out of money, with it being a Tuesday night if you were to competitively price it (let's say a tenner) I reckon you'd get a good few from Arbroath watching it, as it is who could blame any of them for scoring the web/watching the game on the firestick? 

6 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye mate it's fucking stupid. 

I reckon it does the club out of money, with it being a Tuesday night if you were to competitively price it (let's say a tenner) I reckon you'd get a good few from Arbroath watching it, as it is who could blame any of them for scoring the web/watching the game on the firestick? 

That may have been my plan B 👀

How likely is it to find one? Usually manage if I can’t make it through. Had Airdrie away game up just the other Saturday with a good feed.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

things are pretty grim at the moment

Agreed and I doubt anyone is going to dispute that.

But I also know we have players who can give Dunfermline a game - will they turn up and be motivated, will they gel as a team or is it all too soon for them ?

Sellars and co will do their best and whatever the result should get no negative comments ( they are helping out in very difficult circumstances).

We all know the best starting 11 - will they get inspired or are they suffering losing mentality fatique ?

These questions will be answered tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Agreed and I doubt anyone is going to dispute that.

But I also know we have players who can give Dunfermline a game - will they turn up and be motivated, will they gel as a team or is it all too soon for them ?

Sellars and co will do their best and whatever the result should get no negative comments ( they are helping out in very difficult circumstances).

We all know the best starting 11 - will they get inspired or are they suffering losing mentality fatique ?

These questions will be answered tomorrow.

We’ve been pish for over a month yet you think we can win every game. It’s a bit tiresome. 

7 hours ago, Smokerson said:

A free hit? we are in desperate need of points and we are playing against a team who are three points ahead of us who with all due respect were absolutely rank rotten on Friday, its anything but a free hit, we need to go there with a plan to get something out the game. 

A free hit in terms of most people will not be expecting Arbroath to get a result midweek without an actual manager in the dugout.

Must add that I fully believe Arbroath could win the match but most bookies will still have us odds on.

Edited by Cardle is Magic