Pars vs Arbroath - Tue 28th Nov

Played some good stuff tonight, of course we add more players to the injury list. Kane looked in a bad way hopefully popped back in and plenty physio and he shouldn't be out too long. Just hope there isn't any more damage than a simple dislocation.

2 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

A dislocated shoulder shouldn't see him out for long surely? 

Dislocated shoulder will be a lengthy one. Will be well into the new year before he can be back out on the pitch. He needs to be capable of putting his hands down to stop a fall etc. Sure NHS advice is about 12 weeks. I’ve done ligaments in my shoulder and was told I couldn’t play football for at least 12 weeks, can’t imagine a dislocation is much/any shorter.

Probably ended up being the perfect game to have after Friday's debacle. Home tie asap against a team in a very worrying place. Only credit I can give Arbroath is they kept it very tight and left us with no room in the 1st half. At half time it looked like we wouldn't find an answer and the confidence was shot. 
We did though, and once we opened the scoring and forced Arbroath into chasing the game, the gulf between the sides was all too apparent. Wighton, Jakubiak and O'Halloran all had a field day as soon as they came on with the space that had opened up, and McCann improved a lot too. In the end, a routine win with a striker bagging a brace is all too welcome.  

Obviously hoping all the lads recover ok from another injury-fest as well. What a ball-ache that saga continues to be.

Edited by Andriy_Parmolenko

Well that was dire.  Utterly cagey first half when neither team took any initiative or showed any ambition. Then Arbroath didn’t turn up second half and at least two of the goals conceded were just awful defensive errors.   We hardly threatened at all, lacking any bite or presence …. we barely featured in attack.  The game was badly disrupted by a series of injuries - was the cold night a factor?  The booing I think was directed at the very slow effort to get treatment organised - and the injury to McKenna in the last minute summed it up, it was even slower.  The ref just blew full time.

We now barely have 12-13 fit players from was already a small squad and confidence seems sapped so it’s hard to see how any corner will be turned soon, manager or not.   As for Dunfermline, they looked turgid and slow until the game opened up second half but didn’t need to do much to beat us- our sixth defeat in a row..  onwards and well…onwards.

Decent confidence booster for us in the end,  I don’t think we were particularly good but after clearly lacking confidence 1st half to come out with 3 goals + some missed chances has got to give us a good boost.

Arbroath looked utterly dreadful and I highly doubt Malcom will help,  some of his changes tonight looked like they were ‘look at what I learned getting my badges’ efforts over what would actually help them. 

Actually thought we looked far better once Fisher had to go off and we went to a back four. Jakubiak looked really good, worked his arse off from the left, deserved a goal. Wighton done well and will feel he could have got more and MOH was a pain in the Arbroath arse down that right hand side.

It was mentioned above, but McCann looked so much better once guys like Wighton, Jakubiak and MOH came on.

Matty was more himself in stages, was quite surprised when he was subbed off but I suppose they’re still easing him back in.

So gutted for Kane, he was probably the only bright spark in the first half. Was so weird, it didn’t look particularly bad, but immediately Tam O’Brien was signalling for the physio. I’m glad it’s not his legs, hopefully he can continue to do things like cycle whilst he recovers. Potentially we could see him in a couple of weeks but at the same time it could be well into the New Year. Gutted for the kid.

Fishers looks bad and he went up the tunnel on crutches.

Moffat walked off himself. I hope it was more a tweak and he might be okay.

One thing we noticed from the Norrie, the defender we had on trial from Cameroon went up the tunnel towards the end of the game, Pars jacket on etc. Wonder if we can get him in since he’s a free transfer? If Fisher is going to be long term and Bene/Breen still weeks away then we’ll need to do something. 

With regards to the crowd, it looked quieter tonight in all three stands than your usual Saturday 3pm. Cold weather probably paid its part, and the poor performance on Friday.

Lastly, never seen that before when there was still a couple of injury time minutes to go, McKenna is down for Arbroath and after receiving treatment for a few minutes the ref blows for time. Is that something that both captains/managers agree on? Thought the full amount of time would have to be played. Was glad it was called, couldn’t feel my feet, even with the thermal socks. 

17 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Actually thought we looked far better once Fisher had to go off and we went to a back four. Jakubiak looked really good, worked his arse off from the left, deserved a goal. Wighton done well and will feel he could have got more and MOH was a pain in the Arbroath arse down that right hand side.

It was mentioned above, but McCann looked so much better once guys like Wighton, Jakubiak and MOH came on.

Matty was more himself in stages, was quite surprised when he was subbed off but I suppose they’re still easing him back in.

So gutted for Kane, he was probably the only bright spark in the first half. Was so weird, it didn’t look particularly bad, but immediately Tam O’Brien was signalling for the physio. I’m glad it’s not his legs, hopefully he can continue to do things like cycle whilst he recovers. Potentially we could see him in a couple of weeks but at the same time it could be well into the New Year. Gutted for the kid.

Fishers looks bad and he went up the tunnel on crutches.

Moffat walked off himself. I hope it was more a tweak and he might be okay.

One thing we noticed from the Norrie, the defender we had on trial from Cameroon went up the tunnel towards the end of the game, Pars jacket on etc. Wonder if we can get him in since he’s a free transfer? If Fisher is going to be long term and Bene/Breen still weeks away then we’ll need to do something. 

With regards to the crowd, it looked quieter tonight in all three stands than your usual Saturday 3pm. Cold weather probably paid its part, and the poor performance on Friday.

Lastly, never seen that before when there was still a couple of injury time minutes to go, McKenna is down for Arbroath and after receiving treatment for a few minutes the ref blows for time. Is that something that both captains/managers agree on? Thought the full amount of time would have to be played. Was glad it was called, couldn’t feel my feet, even with the thermal socks. 

I think we has played the 10 when McKenna went down, maybe a tiny amount left.   The full time whistle can be blown as soon as the ‘minimum of’ minutes are over, I guess there isn’t actually a requirement to add any more in for a further injury but it seemed bizzare the ref waited for a while, McKenna was just about on the stretcher and then blow up.

After that horrible first half, for whatever reason, it was good to see the shackles come off and just go at them. Could`ve been 5 or 6 by the end. Craig Wighton scored 2 but could and should have scored at least 4. Missed 2 absolute sitters. Still, once him, MOH and Jak came on and Lewis moved to the wing we really looked the part.

Arbroath looked utterly done. There was no sign of any kind of "bounce" at all. 

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I think we has played the 10 when McKenna went down, maybe a tiny amount left.   The full time whistle can be blown as soon as the ‘minimum of’ minutes are over, I guess there isn’t actually a requirement to add any more in for a further injury but it seemed bizzare the ref waited for a while, McKenna was just about on the stretcher and then blow up.

Yeah, play stopped for McKenna after we’d played 10 mins of stoppage time. Honestly assumed ref would just blow for time, seemed like the logical thing to do, particularly once it was clear he needed a stretcher. Waiting so long and then not restarting play didn’t make sense, but he was generally alright so don’t want to criticise him too much for that.

For as bad as Abroath were, the pace and urgency we came out and played with right from the 2nd half whistle was also a factor in us getting the 1st goal. We were so slow at moving the ball and getting forward the 1st half it was shocking.

Hopefully the goals and results gives the team the confidence to attack with purpose again on Saturday. 

So, did I just imagine it or did Chalmers play the ball forward more than usual last night? He still did the usual stuff from him, but I thought he played with a bit more forward momentum. We played really well in the second half, all be it against a pretty poor Arbroath side. We got the required points though, so that’s good. Here’s hoping the guys have grown a bit more confidence after that second half performance. 
I felt a bit sorry for travelling Arbroath fans, you could see some of  their players heads going down when the ten minute added board went up. Their team looked ready for the final whistle in the last 10-15 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

So, did I just imagine it or did Chalmers play the ball forward more than usual last night? He still did the usual stuff from him, but I thought he played with a bit more forward momentum. We played really well in the second half, all be it against a pretty poor Arbroath side. We got the required points though, so that’s good. Here’s hoping the guys have grown a bit more confidence after that second half performance. 
I felt a bit sorry for travelling Arbroath fans, you could see some of  their players heads going down when the ten minute added board went up. Their team looked ready for the final whistle in the last 10-15 minutes. 

Chalmers did indeed play the ball forward much more than normal, but he also was given so much more time and space by Arbroath.  

When teams stand off him, he’ll play well.  When teams press us, and him, he becomes that player we saw under Hughes.  

10 hours ago, HoBNob said:

A dislocated shoulder shouldn't see him out for long surely? 

I dislocated my shoulder snowboarding in Switzerland, I was back on the slopes 4 days later. I dislocated my other shoulder mountain biking at Carron valley, it took 6 weeks to recover. 
My mates claim it was sorted out fast in Switzerland because they do the job right, I disagree as they didn’t do anything different in Scotland to put it back in. 
Let’s assume my mate is right, Kane may well have private care so could be back in a week or two. I think it comes down to whether the tendons etc are badly damaged or not. 

31 minutes ago, parsboi said:

When teams stand off him, he’ll play well.  When teams press us, and him, he becomes that player we saw under Hughes.  

IMO, that’s not the kind of player we need. If other teams can see that then he isn’t worth a wage. I think he has one decent game in 5-6, and we shouldn’t be settling for that. He was good last season in the level below, but going by what you’re saying I’m thinking that this level is a step too far for him?