Falkirk v Hamilton

6 hours ago, Rennieball said:

What about the elbow to the head MacIver took in the first half? 

The incident was off the ball about 90 yards from where we were in shite conditions. It is understandable that not many at our end got a clear view.

17 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Genuinely didn't see anything from Falkirk that would cause me any concern tbh. A stuffy game that could have went either way but don't think we looked uncomfortable at any point and I think if Rankin made the right substitutions we would have sneaked it but we move on. 

Absolutely nothing from Hamilton gave me and fear either. Very safe, lacking badly upfront but clearly set up to stop us playing which Rankin did successfully. 
This is going to be down to not dropping silly points elsewhere, clearly the games against each other and injuries to key players. 
we have had our fair share so far but Nesbitt, Millar and a fit McGinn would boost our side. We just have to keep Spencer, Morrison, Lang and Donaldson fit. I would assume Hamilton without Martin, Kilday and Longridge would weaken them badly. 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

18 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

The Maclver one at the end I actually think was started by Maclver but it did seem like a bit of a coming together with Longridge I would be interested to see the replay of that. Maclver also made a challenge on Tumilty when the ball was already out of play. 

It was the forearm pushing macivers head into the turf which I was mainly concerned about.Longridge was always a bit of a thug when he played at livi. Always remember a horrific tackle on tom taiwo which put him out for months in a game at almondvale. 

15 hours ago, Accies1 said:

Can we all just agree that Scott Martin is the best player in the league? 

As a sitting midfielder there's probably not many better defensively but there isn't much else to his game really .  Zero goals zero assists so far this season. He's excellent  at what he does though.

I don't think we have been good from about the QOTS match, yet we are grinding out wins and the draw against Hamilton. Even at Kelty Hearts (a game that is almost immediately forgettable despite the score line), we weren't particularly good.

Oliver looked like he didn't get the memo that we've changed style/tactics from last season and that made him not ineffective but noticeably poor (compared to Nesbitt).

Henderson didn't play great and I think he is one of the best improved players from last season (IMO), seemed to stop/start and where he usually is quite commanding in midfield, def wasn't this game.

At the end of the day, it was a 'can't lose game' and we didn't.

Still top and we weren't the first to blink, lets see how the next quarter shapes up.

1 hour ago, Albertobotswana said:

I don't think we have been good from about the QOTS match, yet we are grinding out wins and the draw against Hamilton. Even at Kelty Hearts (a game that is almost immediately forgettable despite the score line), we weren't particularly good.

Oliver looked like he didn't get the memo that we've changed style/tactics from last season and that made him not ineffective but noticeably poor (compared to Nesbitt).

Henderson didn't play great and I think he is one of the best improved players from last season (IMO), seemed to stop/start and where he usually is quite commanding in midfield, def wasn't this game.

Still top and we weren't the first to blink, lets see how the next quarter shapes up.

Henderson's silly early booking was the obvious reason for him not being as effective as he has recently. He was skating on thin ice from the 17th Mon onwards.

4 hours ago, Albertobotswana said:

I don’t agree about Kelty. I thought we were really good second half.