Falkirk v Hamilton

12 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

The amount of those fouls that weren't actually fouls. Seen a couple of Falkirk fans complain about the ref although he gave yous absolutely everything 2 or 3 terrible challenges by Falkirk weren't even giving as free kicks. I've liked Mumbongo so far and you need to remember he's been playing at a much higher level than league 1 in the past this might be his level.

This is the winner so far, with a new world record for its havers:words ratio.

Bravo!

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, apart from the Tom Lang header I can’t really think of either side having a clear cut chance. I felt both teams seemed happy to settle for the draw. Was quite a funny game to watch with neither really having a go. Don’t think it’s a bad point for either and don’t buy into it being a better point for Hamilton than us, we’re capable of going to NDP and winning just as I would say Hamilton could do likewise next time at TFS. Long way to go and no doubt we will both drop points along the way.

Actually think if we can go to Hamilton and still be top of the league it should suit us perfectly, they won’t be able to set up just to stifle us again and will have to be a bit more expansive which should in theory play right into our hands. 

I thought we were better in the first half, with Hamilton maybe just about shading the second. No complaints with a draw; clearly the fair result on the night.

Henderson’s early booking hampered us a bit in the middle of the park. The way he plays left him skating on thin ice and to rub salt into the wounds, Anderson let Martin off with the most obvious yellow card you’ll ever see in the first 10 minutes. Just incredibly frustrating refereeing and has a bearing on how effective our midfield was after that.

Relieved not to lose the game when we weren’t at our best but obviously a better point for Hamilton given they were away from home.

All set up nicely!

2 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Far better - one header aside can't remember Falkirk creating a chance.

Two free headers first half we should've scored from. One from lang the other Henderson Maciver a decent turn and shot which went over and Henderson got in at the backpost but his effort was blocked and the keystone cop defending by Hamiltons goalie and centrebacks in  the first half but that was about it.Hamilton had a decent chance when the ball fell to them on the box but a great last ditch tackle prevented that chance.  Can't think of much else happening really.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Was out so didn't manage to watch the game, however fair play for getting it on. I'd been through Falkirk in the morning and there was a fair amount of standing water/flooding at certain bits. Outside a Brewers Fayre/Garden centre there was a car almost wholly underwater, somewhat bizarrely the window wipers were on. 

It was raining, the guy had to see where he was going!

32 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Two free headers first half we should've scored from. One from lang the other Henderson Maciver a decent turn and shot which went over and Henderson got in at the backpost but his effort was blocked and the keystone cop defending by Hamiltons goalie and centrebacks in  the first half but that was about it.Hamilton had a decent chance when the ball fell to them on the box but a great last ditch tackle prevented that chance.  Can't think of much else happening really.

Accies missed a great chance in 1st half. Free header by Tait at back post but nodded into ground and onto roof of the net. Tumilty had decent chance but hit shot straight at keeper and we missed a good one near the end when Martin played a nice pass inside the full back but again poor shot straight at the keeper.

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

The amount of those fouls that weren't actually fouls. Seen a couple of Falkirk fans complain about the ref although he gave yous absolutely everything 2 or 3 terrible challenges by Falkirk weren't even giving as free kicks. I've liked Mumbongo so far and you need to remember he's been playing at a much higher level than league 1 in the past this might be his level.

There was numerous off the ball challenges Hamilton got away with all night. Pull backs and blocks. The most obvious being at the death with  maciver getting wrestled to the ground and his head pressed into the turf via a  forearm a few yards away from the linesman who never moved a muscle.  To say we got everything is absolute nonsense.

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:

Accies missed a great chance in 1st half. Free header by Tait at back post but nodded into ground and onto roof of the net. Tumilty had decent chance but hit shot straight at keeper and we missed a good one near the end when Martin played a nice pass inside the full back but again poor shot straight at the keeper.

The two best chances were our free headers in the first half especially Lang's from about three yards out that was a sitter. The accies boys header at the backpost was a tricky one as he had a defender in front of him. I can remember a couple of powder puff shots too that didn't trouble long much.as you say. Not much clear cut stuff.

21 hours ago, cdhafc1874 said:

No way for me to get to Falkirk with all trains from Hamilton to Glasgow cancelled.

Main route into Glasgow for buses from Hamilton is shut too due to flooding so going in to catch train to Falkirk High that way not an option either.

It's BBC Alba for me if indeed the game goes ahead.

There were  spare seats on the buses from The Vaults.

16 hours ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Pretty nothing game, could have went another hour and still be goalless.

Definitely feel it was a better point for us. It was emphasised all week that Falkirk had great attacking options, best in the league etc. Well they did f**k all today, so it's good to know we are capable of nullifying that comfortably. We were obviously toothless up front ourselves, but that isn't overly surprising, as there has been points where we've struggled with that this season, and we have options to mess around with.

Definitely feel like Rankin could have done more with the subs. I see what he was going for with Mumbongo, but I felt we needed more pace and a cutting edge, so think McGlynn would have been a better option. He should have been brought on earlier regardless. Also would like to have seen Smith on for O'Hara, I feel we have stronger depth than Falkirk, but didn't use that at all.

We are missing a few hence not as much on the bench. Nesbitt, Miller, McKay(cough), McGinn are all injured at the moment. Mackie is only just back. Ross hasn't played a lot of football at Raith. Game was poor though, as much as we never really looked like scoring neither did Hamilton. A point apiece was a fair result and played in dreadful weather. 

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

There was numerous off the ball challenges Hamilton got away with all night. Pull backs and blocks. The most obvious being at the death with  maciver getting wrestled to the ground and his head pressed into the turf via a  forearm a few yards away from the linesman who never moved a muscle.  To say we got everything is absolute nonsense.

The Maclver one at the end I actually think was started by Maclver but it did seem like a bit of a coming together with Longridge I would be interested to see the replay of that. Maclver also made a challenge on Tumilty when the ball was already out of play. 

I think Rankin was too cautious and could have brought on  McGlynn and Lewis Smith who could have snatched the game for us last 20 minutes.

He played for a point and the longer the game went Falkirk also seemed to settle for a point.

Big Mumbongo was dreadful when he came on although I can see his thinking in bringing him on.

Both sides looked nervous and it showed.

Decent point but share others frustration at how little threat we offered going forward.

Difficult to say how much the conditions influenced the game.

Agree changes should have been made earlier but dont think this was a game for Lewis Smith, far too physical a game for him tbh.

Edited by Beckford

Genuinely didn't see anything from Falkirk that would cause me any concern tbh. A stuffy game that could have went either way but don't think we looked uncomfortable at any point and I think if Rankin made the right substitutions we would have sneaked it but we move on. 

5 minutes ago, Beckford said:

Decent point but share others frustration at how little threat we offered going forward.

Difficult to say how much the conditions influenced the game.

Agree changes should have been made earlier but dont think this was a game for Lewis Smith, far too physical a game for him tbh.

I agree with what you said about Lewis I don't think yesterday was his game i would like to see him and maybe Zannata as well start next weeks game maybe a chance for both of them to score and boost their confidence up a bit.

16 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Never seen anything like it. Hopefully the owner gets the money for the motor. 

That car park continually floods, I’m sure a few years ago there was about 4 or 5 cars in the same situation. You would think the Hotel would advise residents about the risk.

28 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Genuinely didn't see anything from Falkirk that would cause me any concern tbh. A stuffy game that could have went either way but don't think we looked uncomfortable at any point and I think if Rankin made the right substitutions we would have sneaked it but we move on. 

I think you’ll find we are all saying similar about Hamilton. That’s the worst I’ve seen us this season and we still got a draw.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That car park continually floods, I’m sure a few years ago there was about 4 or 5 cars in the same situation. You would think the Hotel would advise residents about the risk.

Aye? The wife asked me if the car park owners would be liable but I had no idea. They tend to have that sign up saying something along the lines of "Any damage sustained is at the owners risk" or some such pish. You'd be pretty raging if you'd parked your car there and that happened, with it being a hotel there's every chance it's not someone familiar with the area so might not be aware of the risk. 

Still, it's a pretty good selling point for a plastic pitch that you can have cars being turned into submersibles not far from the stadium but the game goes ahead.