Falkirk v Hamilton

Definitely a fair result but I feel Hamilton will go home happier as I think they set up successfully to stifle us.

I was pretty impressed by Hamilton's midfield, Martin is a class act for this league. I thought we basically bypassed the midfield and to go for an ineffectual front 4.

Big worry for me was McGlynn confirming that he doesn't trust the bench at all which will become a problem if injuries crop up.

All in all, nothing lost but I'm more worried about the league than I was beforehand.

Not really anything to add that hasn't been said already, very even game. We had a couple of half-chances in the first half, whereas Hamilton could still be playing now and probably wouldn't have created anything.

Both teams cancelling each other out for long spells, Spencer and Agyeman easily their poorest games in a Falkirk shirt, don't think the conditions helped tbf. Credit to the opposition though - similar to Dunfermline last season, very disciplined defensively with no space to exploit anywhere in the final third 

Martin was absolutely excellent for Hamilton whereas I felt we struggled to get our best players involved in the game with far too many sloppy passes

Think both sides/ managers looked a bit scared to make a mistake or commit to trying to win the game. Can see why both teams have breezed by the rest of the dross in this league, the next game at Hamilton will probably be even bigger. 

Hamilton will be happier with the point but based on the game I'm reasonably confident we have the fire power to out-gun them over the remaining matches 

Excellent crowd given the conditions. Both keepers constantly shanking the ball out the park due to the wind  

Very much felt like both teams waiting for the other to make a mistake to capitalise on which never came - with the exception of Fulton booting a cleance off MacIver which could have easily ended up in the net 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Fair result. Thought we were the better side first half, lang unlucky not to give us a lead. Second half, I thought Hamilton were the better side. 

Both sides had a fair few underperformers. Neither side carried a goal threat. Possibly the occasion and weather having an effect on both teams. 

Don’t think we learned all that much from this game tbh. Both teams were below their best. 

Don’t buy this, it’s a better point for accies or that they’ll go home happier.  Just look at our first meeting the fifers last season - we didn’t leave eep happier and it wasn’t a better point for us. 

Hamilton’s played with no ambition which for me will come back to bite them. They got into good positions second half then turned back and tried to keep possession then gave it away. The lad they brought in upfront was awful. 

Four best players on the pitch were all defenders, including Scott Martin who played as a defender really as he just breaks the game up but does little to affect the game going forward.

We were poor in an attacking sense and went too long (credit to Hamilton for that probably). We will be better that their place as they will probably come out more. 

Finn Yeats and Lang were outstanding for us with Martin and Kilday best for Hamilton. 

Still top of the league but I don’t see many teams taking points off either side so the four games against each other will be vital.   

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

I don't think it's a "bad point" for either team bit it's not particularly good either. It takes 3 off the available total v eachother in a tight looking scrap. It's our home game, but as others have said, we'll take a big crown to NDP fwiw. We didn't win but then we are the ones who are top. If we outpoint Hamilton before the next meeting then it maybe looks a bit silly to have given up an attempt at beating us 🤷‍♂️

Hooring long way to go though. There were some aspects of Hamilton that impressed and some that didn't. All in all I think the main take away is that we're none the fucking wiser 

Our poorest game so far and again toiling against a better side. Too many players not stepping up in a fixture we need them to and again, McGlynn failing to win our biggest league fixture.

No harm done but we will really need to kick on at NDP in the return fixture. Hamilton look well organised and not giving much away. Can only echo the comments on Scott Martin, best player on the park by a mile. 

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army

watching the game I thought Hamilton came to stifle and go away with a draw. However the stats tell a different story with them having a fair bit more possession and more shots on target although I don't remember any of them troubling Long. Both teams were as good and bad as each other on the day in what were awful conditions on a heavily sanded, grassless sticky pitch.... 🤣

Our biggest mistake was trying to overplay it in those conditions. We should've been far more direct for me as MacIver was winning his fair share of headers against the accies defence and they looked uncomfortable  with the goalkeeper and defence making a right hash of it in the first half and maciver nearly getting something out of it.

8 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

You weren't that much better either.  Alloa caused far more goal threat against us a couple of weeks ago than Falkirk did expected the Falkirk attack to cause a lot more problems than it did. Our back 4 was very comfortable all game. By the time we next play Falkirk Mumbongo and Mcglynn will be up to full fitness and we won't be starting O'Hara every week even though O'Hara wasn't actually too bad today. Admittedly Henderson and Barjonas both didn't have they're best games today. You can call us shite but you failed to beat us at home we'll see who's top in May. 

Mumbongo is a complete haddy. I'd been told by a scout he was useless before yesterday's game and his cameo appearance confirmed it. No idea how he didn't get booked after committing at least 6 fouls after he came on most of them for simply barging into players. 

Got to agree on Falkirk fans thoughts on Mumbongo, he has a turn of pace that’s about it. Accies fans will say he’s class and treat him as a cult hero because he has a funny name.

Joe McGlynn who Falkirk tried to sign last season is already showing himself to be a much better option than O’Hara & Mumbongo but yet can do nothing to get a start because of Rankin’s refusal to change a winning team.

2 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Got to agree on Falkirk fans thoughts on Mumbongo, he has a turn of pace that’s about it. Accies fans will say he’s class and treat him as a cult hero because he has a funny name.

Joe McGlynn who Falkirk tried to sign last season is already showing himself to be a much better option than O’Hara & Mumbongo but yet can do nothing to get a start because of Rankin’s refusal to change a winning team.

I was surprised that he opted for Mumbongo ahead of McGlynn, but with us going a lot more direct at that point in the game, I wonder if he fancied Mumbongo to make more of those situations (which he didn't in the slightest). I hope we see McGlynn in from the start in one of the next two games as he's had a positive impact from the bench plenty of times, but it just seems like Rankin doesn't trust him yet, which is surprising for us because we haven't seen him from the start but it could make sense if we were seeing him every day in training. 

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Was very surprised it took to the 94th minute to bring mcglynn on. O'hara was very lithe when he first came into our side but then seemed to bulk up and lose his electric pace which was a huge asset to him. 

9 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Yip, clearly proving my point so thank you for that. We weren't at the races yet still looked far better than Hamilton. I am not worried at all about them. Seen better teams play us this season. Need to take our chances better, looking forward to miller coming back, never once felt threatened by Hamilton. Only so long they can keep scraping points. 

Far better - one header aside can't remember Falkirk creating a chance.

8 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Far better - one header aside can't remember Falkirk creating a chance.

I agree, apart from the Tom Lang header I can’t really think of either side having a clear cut chance. I felt both teams seemed happy to settle for the draw. Was quite a funny game to watch with neither really having a go. Don’t think it’s a bad point for either and don’t buy into it being a better point for Hamilton than us, we’re capable of going to NDP and winning just as I would say Hamilton could do likewise next time at TFS. Long way to go and no doubt we will both drop points along the way.

I am not at all worried about the NDP games as surely Accies will not resort to the stuffy play for a point tactics at home.

Although our attack was badly off form yesterday we do have much more threat going forward and a more open game should be in our favour.

Also it’s not as though NDP is an intimidating place for visiting teams.

Think a lot of folk are overreacting. Hamilton are a very good L1 side, as are we, and we matched them in a game played in horrible conditions where the bounce and run of the ball were totally unpredictable.

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Mumbongo is a complete haddy. I'd been told by a scout he was useless before yesterday's game and his cameo appearance confirmed it. No idea how he didn't get booked after committing at least 6 fouls after he came on most of them for simply barging into players. 

The amount of those fouls that weren't actually fouls. Seen a couple of Falkirk fans complain about the ref although he gave yous absolutely everything 2 or 3 terrible challenges by Falkirk weren't even giving as free kicks. I've liked Mumbongo so far and you need to remember he's been playing at a much higher level than league 1 in the past this might be his level.

Was out so didn't manage to watch the game, however fair play for getting it on. I'd been through Falkirk in the morning and there was a fair amount of standing water/flooding at certain bits. Outside a Brewers Fayre/Garden centre there was a car almost wholly underwater, somewhat bizarrely the window wipers were on. 

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I was surprised that he opted for Mumbongo ahead of McGlynn, but with us going a lot more direct at that point in the game, I wonder if he fancied Mumbongo to make more of those situations (which he didn't in the slightest). I hope we see McGlynn in from the start in one of the next two games as he's had a positive impact from the bench plenty of times, but it just seems like Rankin doesn't trust him yet, which is surprising for us because we haven't seen him from the start but it could make sense if we were seeing him every day in training. 

Think Rankin and Mcglynn have both said in the media that he's not fully fit yet to start think he's been recovering from an injury over the summer he has looked promising though