Falkirk v Hamilton

51 minutes ago, JCBairn said:

Draw a fair result.  We have to do better than MacIver up front if we want to get promoted. He was horrendous. Jordan Allan should have been on with 30 to go. Better point for Hamilton. Never got Morrison into the game. 

I felt Hamilton roughed up MacIver and he didn't hand it back and he was not effective, I'd have had Allan on at least with 20 to go.

I personally thought we edged the first half and Hamilton the second albeit none of us looking like scoring.

The conditions obviously played a part and I wouldn't judge Hamilton on tonights performance much the same for ourselves. 

It is only the first quarter, the target now is to produce similar next quarter

Pretty nothing game, could have went another hour and still be goalless.

Definitely feel it was a better point for us. It was emphasised all week that Falkirk had great attacking options, best in the league etc. Well they did f**k all today, so it's good to know we are capable of nullifying that comfortably. We were obviously toothless up front ourselves, but that isn't overly surprising, as there has been points where we've struggled with that this season, and we have options to mess around with.

Definitely feel like Rankin could have done more with the subs. I see what he was going for with Mumbongo, but I felt we needed more pace and a cutting edge, so think McGlynn would have been a better option. He should have been brought on earlier regardless. Also would like to have seen Smith on for O'Hara, I feel we have stronger depth than Falkirk, but didn't use that at all.

That game went pretty much as expected with our defence and midfield being solid af but offering absolutely nothing up front as per usual. Rankin got exactly what he wanted from the game although he got it well wrong bringing on Mumbongo over McGlynn but doubt it would have made much difference.

Falkirk fans are absolutely wild, if you think you have nothing to fear after watching us we have even less to fear after seeing your mob. Scott Martin ran the entire midfield by himself while Kilday and McGowan strolled around with cigars in their mouths.

it’ll be a tight race for the title but ultimately we’ll probably both get out of this hellhole league this season in one way or another.

It wasn't a great performance, probably our worst of the season so far TBH. I think the conditions played a big part in it but we just didn't really get going. The defence was fine with Yeats our best player but the midfield looked slow and ponderous and Alfie and Morrison being off it didn't help MacIver who was isolated up top.

The draw was the fair result though.

A good point for us it's important that the games away at Falkirk we just don't lose but it's important we beat them at NDP. neither team was great today and 0-0 was the fair result. Falkirk fans repeat the Stenhousemuir incident at full time today. Hopefully one of our fans recorded the Falkirk fan that got grabbed by the police officer as that was very funny.

They came to frustrate and waste time from the start and try and push in the last 5 mins, we should have been more composed then.

Not sure why the crowd and the bench tried to stretch it then, we are top of the league not Hamilton, a point suits us and we will carry more support at NDP than their home fans so suits us.

We weren't on our 'A' game, so we are in pole position going forward. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Falkirk weren't as good as Alloa

Really surprised how shite Hamilton were, expected a bigger test, they are no better than any other team we have faced, disappointed we never took advantage. They will probably be in the play offs with montrose and Stirling. 2 points dropped but still top of the league. Can't complain I suppose 

Edited by Believe The Hype

All I can take from that game is that Scott Martin is far too good for this level. 

Other than that, both teams looked happy not to lose and were just waiting on the other side making a mistake, which never came. 

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Really surprised how shite Hamilton were, expected a bigger test, they are no better than any other team we have faced, disappointed we never took advantage. They will probably be in the play offs with montrose and Stirling. 2 points dropped but still top of the league. Can't complain I suppose 

You weren't that much better either.  Alloa caused far more goal threat against us a couple of weeks ago than Falkirk did expected the Falkirk attack to cause a lot more problems than it did. Our back 4 was very comfortable all game. By the time we next play Falkirk Mumbongo and Mcglynn will be up to full fitness and we won't be starting O'Hara every week even though O'Hara wasn't actually too bad today. Admittedly Henderson and Barjonas both didn't have they're best games today. You can call us shite but you failed to beat us at home we'll see who's top in May. 

17 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I don't think we were. We clearly came for a draw and got one with absolute ease. We've got gears to go up - you were at home so what have you got that you didn't show?

If I was a Falkirk fan i'd be disappointed with that showing tbh.

5 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

If I was a Falkirk fan i'd be disappointed with that showing tbh.

Yip, clearly proving my point so thank you for that. We weren't at the races yet still looked far better than Hamilton. I am not worried at all about them. Seen better teams play us this season. Need to take our chances better, looking forward to miller coming back, never once felt threatened by Hamilton. Only so long they can keep scraping points. 

Always find it a weird flex when fans say 'we weren't at it today' to justify being better than an opposition, as if the oppositions tactics had nothing to do with 'not being at it'. 

It's evident Falkirk have good attackers, fair play to Rankin we stifled them and I can only really think of one chance early in the game that was really threatening. After that, Falkirk never looked like scoring. 

For me, today confirmed the leagues going to be tight between both of us so I'll absolutely take getting a point in an away fixture. 

We knew going into the game attack was our weakest position but on the flipside it's supposed to be Falkirks strongest, yet they barely threatened. 

Onto next week, let's retain our diddy cup. 

2 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Thought we strolled through that game today without looking like scoring. Expected a tougher test against our supposed nearest challengers but was pleasantly surprised how poor Falkirk were. 

Snap!

23 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Always find it a weird flex when fans say 'we weren't at it today' to justify being better than an opposition, as if the oppositions tactics had nothing to do with 'not being at it'. 

It's evident Falkirk have good attackers, fair play to Rankin we stifled them and I can only really think of one chance early in the game that was really threatening. After that, Falkirk never looked like scoring. 

For me, today confirmed the leagues going to be tight between both of us so I'll absolutely take getting a point in an away fixture. 

We knew going into the game attack was our weakest position but on the flipside it's supposed to be Falkirks strongest, yet they barely threatened. 

Onto next week, let's retain our diddy cup. 

Yep credit goes to Rankin today him and the defence dealt with Falkirks attack well. I'm happy with a point away from Falkirk but we need to win against them when they come to NDP and I think we're more than capable of doing that. Falkirk fans say we're shite but again point still stands that we were very comfortable today defensively and they couldn't beat us at home.