Falkirk v Hamilton

18 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The two best teams in the league pretty much just cancelling each other out for 90 minutes. Nothing more or less than that.

Yeah, if fair result is a thing, then that was it. 

16 minutes ago, cdhafc1874 said:

Away from home better point for us than Falkirk.

Don't agree. Don't hugely.disagree, but would just point out we're top of the league. 

14 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Meh. Shitey second half. Both sides looked really happy with a point. 

Rankin clearly told Hamilton to up the thuggery at half time. Some disgusting challenges. 

Two good sides for this level though. Will be a good battle til the end.

The challenge on Ethan Ross at the end was a disgrace. 

Anyway, I worry less now about Hamilton than I did before. That was a very competititve match in the middle of the park where they had the edge in physicality for me, but offered nothing at all up top. Wouldn't take much for wins to turn to draws for that team.... Hopefully at least for us. 

For us, Spencer was uncharacteristically poor and Alfies second half was a clown show. 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah, if fair result is a thing, then that was it. 

Don't agree. Don't hugely.disagree, but would just point out we're top of the league. 

The challenge on Ethan Ross at the end was a disgrace. 

Anyway, I worry less now about Hamilton than I did before. That was a very competititve match in the middle of the park where they had the edge in physicality for me, but offered nothing at all up top. Wouldn't take much for wins to turn to draws for that team.... Hopefully at least for us. 

For us, Spencer was uncharacteristically poor and Alfies second half was a clown show. 

Alfie and Spencer both looked utterly burst well before the end, and I feared it might cost us. Would have subbed Alfie at least after about 60 mins.

Yeats and Lang were superb.

Meh I'll take that. Got the feeling towards the end both teams were happy with a point.

If we are to believe that the 4 games between ourselves will determine the league then a point away from home is s better result for us but that's maybe a bit too simplistic a view.

9 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Alfie and Spencer both looked utterly burst well before the end, and I feared it might cost us. Would have subbed Alfie at least after about 60 mins.

Yeats and Lang were superb.

Yes, another very assured performance by Yeats

Draw a fair result.  We have to do better than MacIver up front if we want to get promoted. He was horrendous. Jordan Allan should have been on with 30 to go. Better point for Hamilton. Never got Morrison into the game. 

We had some free headers we should've done a lot better with early doors but didn't test the Hamilton keeper at all really. Defence were excellent midfield looked tired . Thought Martin was excellent for Hamilton.  No idea how that utter haddy that accies brought on up front managed to escape a booking. Must've made at least six clumsy fouls after he came on.  And the lineman just stood and watched MacIver get wrestled to the floor and his face rubbed into the pitch by the defenders forearm and never bothered his arse.  Draw a fair result and can't complain too much about 23 points in the first quarter.

Shite game with two teams who cancelled each other out. Don't remember either keeper having a save to make. Both teams happy with a point with 10 to go. 

I've recorded the game but there's no way I'm putting myself back through it. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes, another very assured performance by Yeats

Barjonas is meant to be one of this leagues best players. Finn cancelled him out. Developing very well.

I think that the wet surface really hindered our attacking play. We have been playing fast surface passes feeding the forwards all season. Tonight the ball either stopped dead or skidded further than wanted. We were forced to use more ariel balls and we are not that sort of team.

The midfield were hindered by Hendos booking. McGlynn must have told him to cool it second half which hurt us and gave them control of the centre of the park.

Top of the league and feel that silly dropped points against strugglers will decide this league

A fairly dull game, with Hamilton not really making any effort to win it and us lacking the quality to win it.

Can see why they are getting clean sheets though, disciplined and organised with most of their team never really getting too far out of their own half.

We had 2 free headers though, from Lang and Henderson. In games like this you need to bury those. 

I wasn't sure if we had it in us to compete in an even game as we hadn't had one in the league before today, but I thought we were absolutely fine and nowhere near as bad as the marks on here are making out. Far too sloppy in the final third but Scott Martin's one-man midfield was fine and Kilday was excellent. It was just an all-round crap game which didn't tell us much about either side. 

51 minutes ago, JCBairn said:

Draw a fair result.  We have to do better than MacIver up front if we want to get promoted. He was horrendous. Jordan Allan should have been on with 30 to go. Better point for Hamilton. Never got Morrison into the game. 

MacIver was isolated all game. Not saying he done well by any stretch but nobody got close to him all day. 

Back 4 the only ones to get pass marks today.

3 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I wasn't sure if we had it in us to compete in an even game as we hadn't had one in the league before today, but I thought we were absolutely fine and nowhere near as bad as the marks on here are making out. Far too sloppy in the final third but Scott Martin's one-man midfield was fine and Kilday was excellent. It was just an all-round crap game which didn't tell us much about either side. 

Your boys like a wee foul don't they along with falling to the ground every time someone comes near them 🤣

2 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I agree, don’t think either team could take much from that today. They were both just feeling each other out.