Scottish cup

9 hours ago, timeforchange said:

Before anybody says it. The games that are all off today are because of the weather not because it’s Scottish cup so before any arguments start. 
With the next 2 weeks also cup ties scheduled the headaches begin for Kenny in the first week in October. 

I don't think the argument you're pre-empting (i.e. trying to stir up) is going to happen, mate. 😬

10 hours ago, timeforchange said:

I ain’t stirring it up when the postponed games are re arranged we will see if there is any comments then about games being altered 

Scottish Junior Cup doesn't have priority now, so unless teams have lights and it's suitable to play midweek, chances are at least some of the postponed games will be played on 4th November which was kept blank for Round 3.

Edited by peasy23

9 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Scottish Junior Cup doesn't have priority now, so unless teams have lights and it's suitable to play midweek, chances are at least some of the postponed games will be played on 4th November which was kept blank for Round 3.

Just been looking at the fixtures. You're right, some are being played on the 4th but there are quite a few rescheduled for next Saturday e.g. Vale of Leven v Carluke Rovers and Kello Rovers v Gartcairn.

Bear in mind that Kennie is having to work this around the rules of several different organisations. For example, the teams in leagues run by the SJFA may expect their games to be rescheduled for next Saturday, but if their opponents are WoSFL or EoSFL teams then it's likely that they're already scheduled for South Region Challenge Cup ties, and then the following weekend it's the WoSFL Cup.

In the past the Scottish Junior Cup would just have taken priority over everything, but now it's very different, and it's a bit of a jigsaw for Kennie to solve. I notice from the SJFA website that only certain games have already been rescheduled and others haven't, so Kennie is obviously still working his way through the turmoil and needs to be given space to do it.

Yesterday's weather couldn't have come on a worse weekend for Kennie, to be fair. Had it been just league matches needing rescheduled it would have been much simpler for everyone, but having the round of the Scottish Junior Cup with the largest number of teams involved at any stage of the competition thrown into disarray has caused some issues.

I've no doubt a few league matches will be rearranged to accomodate the rescheduled Cup ties, I think that's inevitable given the sheer number of postponements, but I'm certain these will be kept to an absolute minimum.

On 07/10/2023 at 10:47, timeforchange said:

Before anybody says it. The games that are all off today are because of the weather not because it’s Scottish cup so before any arguments start. 
With the next 2 weeks also cup ties scheduled the headaches begin for Kenny in the first week in October. 

Referring to the Junior Cup as the "Scottish Cup" is an absolute nonsense.

Time for a change indeed!!

54 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Also:

"It's not as good as it used to be"

"It should be midweek"

"Some other whinging shite that's been posted a couple of hundred times over the years".

That concludes the case for the prosecution.

Please attend my TED talk where I showcase plans for a never before thought of concept for new all in non-league cup. Proper revolutionary stuff.

On 08/10/2023 at 17:27, southerner said:

Best non league tournament in the country 

What is, the junior cup?.  That's why only 110 teams compete in it an many teams don't wanna play in it and other cups have about 50 more teams competing and stronger teams.  I'm not knocking the Junior cup but when people come out with utter shit when factually the junior cup is weaker than other cups to win. This isn't me talking, it's just the facts.

Above are actual FACTS folks, go and see who red dotted it - this actually means they are delusional lololol

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

You've got to love it when so called football fans fall over themselves to talk down the product we watch while completely disregarding metrics like fan engagement, as if maintaining an interested set of customers isn't absolutely central to the ongoing survival of the game.

The crowd at Townhead yesterday was very good for such a honking day.  Not sure any other tournament would have held the same pull other than maybe a title decider. But aye it's "Joonyur" so get it in the sea. 

This argument has been done to death on here, but the question that never gets a straight, satisfactory answer is what do the voices of progress and modernisation suggest we do about replacing the income provided by the Junior Cup when it's gone, because it's 100% incumbent on the naysayers to provide an equal or superior tournament to supercede the one we have right now rather than just complain incessantly.

Edited by Shanner

4 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You've got to love it when so called football fans fall over themselves to talk down the product we watch while completely disregarding metrics like fan engagement, as if maintaining an interested set of customers isn't absolutely central to the ongoing survival of the game.

The crowd at Townhead yesterday was very good for such a honking day.  Not sure any other tournament would have held the same pull other than maybe a title decider. But aye it's "Joonyur" so get it in the sea. 

This argument has been done to death on here, but the question that never gets a straight, satisfactory answer is what do the voices of progress and modernisation suggest we do about replacing the income provided by the Junior Cup when it's gone, because it's 100% incumbent on the naysayers to provide an equal or superior tournament to supercede the one we have right now rather than just complain incessantly.

You have to deal with the shit

The facts are 

Some muppet said its the best non league cup in the country when that's factually not true and your backing him up.
Did i say get rid of it, no i didn't, even people like you twist shit for your own gain and there is the proof.  The Fact is that there's cups that have stronger teams in it and 50 more teams competing and if that's a shit cup, imagine if it starts to gain interest and thats just a regional cup.   Many teams don't promote the other cup like they do the junior cup.  Have you ever wondered in your little head why the junior leagues finished, personally its because backward people have no vision and ruled it that way and teams became restless and wanted to try and progress.  I cant see there being a replacement cup for a long time, many don't want it, like the junior cup.   How many teams paid £900 to £1000 in transport this season only to receive about £250 towards their travel costs.  the only way I can see it being better is making it cost manageable for teams is the first couple of rounds regionalized.

NEXT

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You have to deal with the shit

The facts are 

Some muppet said its the best non league cup in the country when that's factually not true and your backing him up.
Did i say get rid of it, no i didn't, even people like you twist shit for your own gain and there is the proof.  The Fact is that there's cups that have stronger teams in it and 50 more teams competing and if that's a shit cup, imagine if it starts to gain interest and thats just a regional cup.   Many teams don't promote the other cup like they do the junior cup.  Have you ever wondered in your little head why the junior leagues finished, personally its because backward people have no vision and ruled it that way and teams became restless and wanted to try and progress.  I cant see there being a replacement cup for a long time, many don't want it, like the junior cup.   How many teams paid £900 to £1000 in transport this season only to receive about £250 towards their travel costs.  the only way I can see it being better is making it cost manageable for teams is the first couple of rounds regionalized.

NEXT

A simple "I can't answer your question" would have saved you some valuable time.

2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

A simple "I can't answer your question" would have saved you some valuable time.

You dont know me, so how can you say what is valuable to me.  Took me 3 minuites of my time to write that, making sure you know what what i meant and making sure people know that why shit it twisted then its corrected.

p.s. valuable income, ask the teams who were shafted for money last year and the same to the ones who will lose money this year because of the cup,  yeah the atmosphere of the cup is amazing

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You dont know me, so how can you say what is valuable to me.  Took me 3 minuites of my time to write that, making sure you know what what i meant and making sure people know that why shit it twisted then its corrected.

p.s. valuable income, ask the teams who were shafted for money last year and the same to the ones who will lose money this year because of the cup,  yeah the atmosphere of the cup is amazing

If you can't answer the point there's no obligation to keep replying to me.

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

If you can't answer the point there's no obligation to keep replying to me.

I know there is, but i like replying to delusional people

Your talking about one crack outfit and talbot, playing a derby in the junior cup.  What about all the other teams that lost money from the cup yesterday, you ignoring them? (yeah that's a question, reply to that).   I dont hide from fact that are positive for the junior cup, i make both for and against facts out in the open when unlike you, you like to ignore what others say including the poster above.

My reply was to a muppet who said the cup is the best non league cup in Scotland which is untrue, factually untrue because there are stronger teams in other cups which have 50 more teams in their regional tournament is this true or not?  Your ignoring that question as well