Scottish cup

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I know there is, but i like replying to delusional people

Your talking about one crack outfit and talbot, playing a derby in the junior cup.  What about all the other teams that lost money from the cup yesterday, you ignoring them? (yeah that's a question, reply to that.   I dont hide from fact hat are good for the junior cup, i make both for and against facts out in the open when unlike you, you like to ignore what others say including the poster above.

My reply was to a muppet who said the cup is the best non league cup in Scotland which is untrue, factually untrue because there are stronger teams in other cups which have 50 more teams in their regional tournament is this true or not?  Your ignoring that question as well

Whys he a muppet because he gave his opinion Franko?

Last week @Kennie came on here to say that Kilwinning couldn't have a fixture brought forward as the two other idle teams didn't want to, which is fair enough.

But now Clydebank have a league fixture with just 7 days notice (they were meant to be sitting idle after going out of the SRCC and not having a league game) due to Gartcairn's game v Benburb being put off due to their Junior Cup postponed game being played on the 14th. Doesn't seem like Clydebank are happy with that...

23 minutes ago, Shanner said:

You've got to love it when so called football fans fall over themselves to talk down the product we watch while completely disregarding metrics like fan engagement, as if maintaining an interested set of customers isn't absolutely central to the ongoing survival of the game.

The crowd at Townhead yesterday was very good for such a honking day.  Not sure any other tournament would have held the same pull other than maybe a title decider. But aye it's "Joonyur" so get it in the sea. 

This argument has been done to death on here, but the question that never gets a straight, satisfactory answer is what do the voices of progress and modernisation suggest we do about replacing the income provided by the Junior Cup when it's gone, because it's 100% incumbent on the naysayers to provide an equal or superior tournament to supercede the one we have right now rather than just complain incessantly.

A home game for the defending champions against local rivals that they hadn't played for 6 months is usually going to attract a good crowd...

I'm also not sure what income you're talking about when it comes to for example, Bridge of Don v Irvine Vics yesterday - BOD having to pay at least £400 out for the refs (not including expenses) and the away team's travel guarantee before they can break even (a crowd of at least 80 needed for that) while Irvine Vics get £400 in travel money (do you think that is enough to cover to cover the 180 mile journey?).

4 hours ago, Shanner said:

Just checking Google maps and I have news you're not going to like...

Just checking is the argument that because a tournament is played in Scotland you can call it ‘the Scottish?’ Are clubs playing for ‘the Scottish’ in the kings cup for example?

For me If your going to call it ‘the Scottish’  then it’s a national tournament, something the junior cup cannot claim given it only represents Ayrshire, Strathclyde, tayside and Aberdeenshire

Edited by parsforlife

40 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Whys he a muppet because he gave his opinion Franko?

Loll, more clique coming in to try and back up the delusionists

Who the feck is Franko,  ffs,  I'm glad the Mick Kennedy name calling has stopped, I'll need to thank Mick for starting his own profile and who else, oh aye, Tony McInally and the others lol ffs im gonna go through managers, coaching staff and committee members who are good looking, i keep being called guys who are, lets just say, not too braw

Well a muppet because he is either lying and i believe he doesn't believe its the best cup in the country unless he's is living in a backwaters town and hasn't got a clue what is going on in the outside world. 

12 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Loll, more clique coming in to try and back up the delusionists

Who the feck is Franko,  ffs,  I'm glad the Mick Kennedy name calling has stopped, I'll need to thank Mick for starting his own profile and who else, oh aye, Tony McInally and the others lol ffs im gonna go through managers, coaching staff and committee members who are good looking, i keep being called guys who are, lets just say, not too braw

Well a muppet because he is either lying and i believe he doesn't believe its the best cup in the country unless he's is living in a backwaters town and hasn't got a clue what is going on in the outside world. 

Because he dosent share the same opinion as you hes a muppet?

Franko thats been hunted from every youth team thats hes been involved with? Is that not you? 🙂

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Because he dosent share the same opinion as you hes a muppet?

Franko thats been hunted from every youth team thats hes been involved with? Is that not you? 🙂

Hey I'm not from the same area as him or you, are you from the same area?, where people are delusional saying that the junior cup is the best in the country lolol

What are you talking about, honestly, youve read the posts and its ripped the pish out of the ones who are promoting a cup and ignoring the facts and actually lying, (which you are ignoring).
Your quite a nasty wee man, sitting behind a keyboard making clearly wrong accusations but in reality you know the junior cup is weaker than other cups so your trying to blindside  lollololololol

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Hey I'm not from the same area as him or you, are you from the same area?, where people are delusional saying that the junior cup is the best in the country lolol

What are you talking about, honestly, youve read the posts and its ripped the pish out of the ones who are promoting a cup and ignoring the facts and actually lying, (which you are ignoring).
Your quite a nasty wee man, sitting behind a keyboard making clearly wrong accusations but in reality you know the junior cup is weaker than other cups so your trying to blindside  lollololololol

🤣

The Scottish Junior Cup is still a very attractive competition and it has a huge emotional pull for people who don't regularly follow clubs at our level. For example, the crowd at last season's South Region Challenge Cup Final was around 400, while the crowd at the Scottish Junior Cup Final at the same venue a week later was around ten times that size. I know for certain that Glencairn wouldn't have sold 1400+ tickets had we reached the South Region Challenge Cup Final.

What does irritate me slightly, though, is people referring to the Scottish Junior Cup as the "Scottish Cup". It confuses people who don't follow clubs regularly at our level.

The clubs who are eligible to play in The Scottish Cup put in huge amounts of work each year and have also invested lots of money into their facilities and club infrastructure to be able to enter the competition each year. They deserve the distinction to be made regarding the competition names in recognition for their efforts. Just my opinion.

Edited by glensmad

8 hours ago, glensmad said:

The Scottish Junior Cup is still a very attractive competition and it has a huge emotional pull for people who don't regularly follow clubs at our level. For example, the crowd at last season's South Region Challenge Cup Final was around 400, while the crowd at the Scottish Junior Cup Final at the same venue a week later was around ten times that size. I know for certain that Glencairn wouldn't have sold 1400+ tickets had we reached the South Region Challenge Cup Final.

What does irritate me slightly, though, is people referring to the Scottish Junior Cup as the "Scottish Cup". It confuses people who don't follow clubs regularly at our level.

The clubs who are eligible to play in The Scottish Cup put in huge amounts of work each year and have also invested lots of money into their facilities and club infrastructure to be able to enter the competition each year. They deserve the distinction to be made regarding the competition names in recognition for their efforts. Just my opinion.

The SJC was known as the Scottish Cup for many, many years before Junior clubs were allowed in to the Scottish Cup. Even then it got called "The Big Scottish" and probably still does. No-one is being intentionally disrespectful to you or any other committee member who did lots of paperwork to get their license when they refer to a trophy they always knew as the Scottish Cup, as the Scottish Cup. Everyone knows the difference. 

30 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The SJC was known as the Scottish Cup for many, many years before Junior clubs were allowed in to the Scottish Cup. Even then it got called "The Big Scottish" and probably still does. No-one is being intentionally disrespectful to you or any other committee member who did lots of paperwork to get their license when they refer to a trophy they always knew as the Scottish Cup, as the Scottish Cup. Everyone knows the difference. 

Everyone who is a regular fan of this level of football knows the difference, agreed. But the thousands of "extra fans" who come now and then are confused by it, trust me. I can point you to several fans who thought Cambuslang Rangers were playing in The Scottish Cup this season just because their SJC match was on the same day as Glencairn playing in TSC.

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Last week @Kennie came on here to say that Kilwinning couldn't have a fixture brought forward as the two other idle teams didn't want to, which is fair enough.

But now Clydebank have a league fixture with just 7 days notice (they were meant to be sitting idle after going out of the SRCC and not having a league game) due to Gartcairn's game v Benburb being put off due to their Junior Cup postponed game being played on the 14th. Doesn't seem like Clydebank are happy with that...

A home game for the defending champions against local rivals that they hadn't played for 6 months is usually going to attract a good crowd...

I'm also not sure what income you're talking about when it comes to for example, Bridge of Don v Irvine Vics yesterday - BOD having to pay at least £400 out for the refs (not including expenses) and the away team's travel guarantee before they can break even (a crowd of at least 80 needed for that) while Irvine Vics get £400 in travel money (do you think that is enough to cover to cover the 180 mile journey?).

I believe a number of players have made arrangements to go away with family with it being the school holidays  for Kennie to then do exactly what he said he wouldn’t do previously with Kilwinning having given Clydebank Benburb who they played on the opening day just like The Buffs had Camby and could have played Camby. 

The junior cup gets the respect in the fixture calendar the junior clubs want, however it doesn’t appear the fixture calendar is getting the same respect coming back the way. The ties should he played on the next scheduled day for junior cup matches which is the 4th of November and not changing what’s already in the calendar! 

As for the costs, really selling it here! Doesn’t sound like all that great a benefit unless you actually win the thing. Whilst the Strathclyde demo cup doesn’t offer prize money it offers a nice route to The Scottish Cup without the hardship of the junior cup travel and costs. Surprised more Non-licences clubs aren’t looking at this option

12 hours ago, Ginaro said:

The Cumnock Talbot derby is far from the only game that's capable of attracting a good-sized crowd in this tournament. any game I went to in it last season had an excellent crowd and most of them didn't involve Talbot as we got pumped out. That's down to the lore and history of the Scottish Junior Cup.

I'll concede that some teams do better financially than others but like most competitive sports tournaments the spoils are better the more successful you are and a good run past the early rounds is essential for most but that doesn't really negate my original point as I never claimed that everyone got an equal slice of the cake. I'm sure that's what all teams big and small are gambling on when they enter.  

Is it perfect? absolutely not, but it's still a big enough draw to persist with until the as-yet-unspecified replacement tournament comes along. 

12 hours ago, andrew21 said:

Cherrypicking with the game at Townhead park as well, what about Bridge of Don v Irvine Vics, or Arbroath Vics v Benburb or Hall Russell v Lesmahagow etc

You can say the same about lots of the South Challenge ties though, there would have been under 100 at Maryhill v Peasy last month.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:

Everyone who is a regular fan of this level of football knows the difference, agreed. But the thousands of "extra fans" who come now and then are confused by it, trust me. I can point you to several fans who thought Cambuslang Rangers were playing in The Scottish Cup this season just because their SJC match was on the same day as Glencairn playing in TSC.

Are you sure?

This scenario you describe is down to two reasons IMO. One, there are too many cup competitions at this level and two, folk don't pay attention. Wee Scottish and Big Scottish makes the distinction just fine.

21 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

You have to deal with the shit

The facts are 

Some muppet said its the best non league cup in the country when that's factually not true and your backing him up.
Did i say get rid of it, no i didn't, even people like you twist shit for your own gain and there is the proof.  The Fact is that there's cups that have stronger teams in it and 50 more teams competing and if that's a shit cup, imagine if it starts to gain interest and thats just a regional cup.   Many teams don't promote the other cup like they do the junior cup.  Have you ever wondered in your little head why the junior leagues finished, personally its because backward people have no vision and ruled it that way and teams became restless and wanted to try and progress.  I cant see there being a replacement cup for a long time, many don't want it, like the junior cup.   How many teams paid £900 to £1000 in transport this season only to receive about £250 towards their travel costs.  the only way I can see it being better is making it cost manageable for teams is the first couple of rounds regionalized.

NEXT

I’ve seen some great games in that tournament over the past 40 years, seen whole communities lifted when they are fortunate enough to win it. If that makes me a muppet in your eyes feel free I prefer to call myself a football fan.

23 hours ago, southerner said:

I’ve seen some great games in that tournament over the past 40 years, seen whole communities lifted when they are fortunate enough to win it. If that makes me a muppet in your eyes feel free I prefer to call myself a football fan.

Now your elaborating, or changing your tune.  I've seen some amazing games, fantastic game, great crowds in the league cups, West cup, the evening times cup etc.., does that make it the best, no.  You made a statement that is untrue saying its the 'best non league cup in the country.   How can it be the best when there is another cup that has over 50 teams more and also stronger teams involved,  the muppet stands when your acting like part of the same clique making comments that are not true and you know this ain't true.  Even the cliques got together and started their usual crap comments, even some crapbags who just red dotting lolol.
If you had said its the best cup with history and tradition, Yeha that would work and I'd probably agree with you but definitely not the best.

You ignore a cup that has quality Lowland tier 5 teams involved.
You ignore that the cup has 50 more teams participating than the junior cup.
You ignore that ever year clubs loose a lot of money participating in the junior cup, again another FACT that is true.
Do I say get rid of it, Nope I haven't but its divided as a lot of people do not want anything to do with it.
Do clubs promote the other cups like the do the junior, no they don't.

I will say that there is No national non league cup, why as a lot of teams from East and north don't want anything to do with the junior cup but also, not demeaning the junior cup because of this, they don't want to participate in a new all in non league cup.  The only way I can see this happen is that the SFA make it part of the seasons curriculum, meaning all teams, tier 5 and below, north and south must participate in a new all in non national cup. 
You say over 40 years and yeah, that was then, it is now and the cup is floundering since the past 20 years the attendances have been dwindling, every now and then a big crowd might pop up for a good quality game but it floundering but no one is trying to do anything about it.  How many teams played in the second round or still too play and have paid out about £900 in the transport for players and staff and will only receive at best £250 towards their expenses.

I'm not on here to lick anyone's ass or be a sheep and follow and back up other keyboard warriors.  I tell it the way I see it and view it and if there's Facts involved I will state them.  I ain't blinkered by being a supporter of a team on here,  I go to games in the Lowland, EOSFL, WOSFL, and SOSFL and even games in Aberdeen, midlands etc... and will state my view easily, even if one team is better then the other, I'll call it the way i see it.

There's nothing wrong with you loving the cup because of its history and past but the junior cup will end up the same as the junior leagues, defunct if you don't look to the future.   That is me being honest and i welcome the red dots as it shows who the delusional people are oh and my stalkers  lololooll

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Now your elaborating, or changing your tune.  I've seen some amazing games, fantastic game, great crowds in the league cups, West cup, the evening times cup etc.., does that make it the best, no.  You made a statement that is untrue saying its the 'best none league cup in the country.   How can it be the best when there is another cup that has over 50 teams more and also stronger teams involved,  the muppet stands when your acting like part of the same clique making comments that are not true and you know this aint true.  Even the cliques got together and started their usual crap comments, even some crapbags who just red dotting lolol.
If you had said its the best cup with history and tradition, Yeha that would work and id probably agree with you but definitely not the best.

You ignore that ever year clubs loose a lot of money participating in the junior cup, again another FACT that is true.
Do I say get rid of it, Nope I haven't but its divided as a lot of people do not want anything to do with it.

I will say that there is No national non league cup, why as a lot of teams from East and north don't want anything to do with the junior cup but also, not demeaning the junior cup because of this, they dont want to participate in a new all in non league cup.  The only way I can see this happen is that the SFA make it part of the seasons curriculum, meaning all teams, teir 5 and blow, north and south must partipate in a new all in non national cup. 
You say over 40 years and yeah, that was then, it is now and the cup is floundering since the past 20 years the attendances have been dwindling, every now and then a big crowd might pop up for a good quality game but it floundering but no one is trying to do anything about it.  How many teams played in the second round or still too play and have paid out about £900 in the transport and players and will only receive at best £250 towards their expenses.

I'm not on here to lick anyone's ass or be a sheep and follow and back up other keyboard warriors.  I tell it the way I see it and view it and if there's Facts involved I will state them.  I aint blinkered by being a supporter of a team on here,  I go to games in the Lowland, EOSFl, WOSFl, and SOSFl and even games in Aberdeen, midlands etc... and will state my view easily, even if one team is better then the other, I'll call it the way i see it.

Theres nothing wrong with you loving the cup because of its history and past but the junior cup will end up the same as the junior leagues, defunct if you don't look to the future.   That is me being honest and i welcome the red dots as it shows who the delusional people are oh and my stalkers  lololooll

You seem tense. 

Edited by Shanner

10 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Now your elaborating, or changing your tune.  I've seen some amazing games, fantastic game, great crowds in the league cups, West cup, the evening times cup etc.., does that make it the best, no.  You made a statement that is untrue saying its the 'best none league cup in the country.   How can it be the best when there is another cup that has over 50 teams more and also stronger teams involved,  the muppet stands when your acting like part of the same clique making comments that are not true and you know this aint true.  Even the cliques got together and started their usual crap comments, even some crapbags who just red dotting lolol.
If you had said its the best cup with history and tradition, Yeha that would work and id probably agree with you but definitely not the best.

I will say that there is No national non league cup, why as a lot of teams from East and north don't want anything to do with the junior cup but also, not demeaning the junior cup because of this, they dont want to participate in a new all in non league cup.  The only way I can see this happen is that the SFA make it part of the seasons curriculum, meaning all teams, teir 5 and blow, north and south must partipate in a new all in non national cup. 
You say over 40 years and yeah, that was then, it is now and the cup is floundering since the past 20 years the attendances have been dwindling, every now and then a big crowd might pop up for a good quality game but it floundering but no one is trying to do anything about it.  How many teams played in the second round or still too play and have paid out about £900 in the transport and players and will only receive at best £250 towards their expenses.

I'm not on here to lick anyone's ass or be a sheep and follow and back up other keyboard warriors.  I tell it the way I see it and view it and if there's Facts involved I will state them.  I aint blinkered by being a supporter of a team on here,  I go to games in the Lowland, EOSFl, WOSFl, and SOSFl and even games in Aberdeen, midlands etc... and will state my view easily, even if one team is better then the other, I'll call it the way i see it.

Theres nothing wrong with you loving the cup because of its history and past but the junior cup will end up the same as the junior leagues, defunct if you don't look to the future.   That is me being honest and i welcome the red dots as it shows who the delusional people are oh and my stalkers  lololooll

Theres only one person delusional Franko and thsts you.