Bedtime Binos vs Falkirk

22 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Atmosphere and fun.

I have a season ticket for the stand but for most games they've allowed us to go in the terracing. This one will be the first time sitting since the first home game of the season.

It's a different experience and I love it. Just wish they'd covered them as that would be even better both for atmosphere and not being exposed to the elements.

Hope the weather stays OK anyway for those brave enough.

Really looking forward to this.

Website says season ticket holders won’t be given access to the terracing.

presumably you could by a ticket

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Most people I know have opted for the terrace so must be about sold out now. Thats not including the ultras that will take up 100-150 of that. We should hopefully come close to a sellout.

Looking forward to it. Not played a league game there in a long time.

Weather forecast changing daily from sunshine to heavy rain so hopefully those that have opted for the terrace will get a dry couple of hours.

534 tickets now sold for the away stand, section K (middle section) now sold out. Surprised the club still haven't pushed this yet (just checked on twitter). Expect they will do so today at some point.

15 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really looking forward to this game.

Forthbank a great wee ground and the likelihood of dismantling (again) the supposed heirs to 1970 Brazil is most appealing.

I don't foresee a dismantling. First example of playing a team who have had a look at us so I expect things to tighten up thus quarter. I will be significantly more impressed with any away from home pumpings from here on out tbh. 

I think this team can go to the trenches too tho. We showed a bit of that in our run last season and the key guys who are starters now who weren't last season.... Yeats, Lang, Spencer, Miller, McIver and Agyeman... none of them are shrinking violets. Agyeman and Miller in particular are in the most competed for shirts in our squad. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't foresee a dismantling. First example of playing a team who have had a look at us so I expect things to tighten up thus quarter. I will be significantly more impressed with any away from home pumpings from here on out tbh. 

I think this team can go to the trenches too tho. We showed a bit of that in our run last season and the key guys who are starters now who weren't last season.... Yeats, Lang, Spencer, Miller, McIver and Agyeman... none of them are shrinking violets. Agyeman and Miller in particular are in the most competed for shirts in our squad. 

I agree with this. Its going to be really interesting to see how teams set up against us this quarter now they've seen us, especially those that got a pumping. Early goals are going to be crucial this quarters fixtures.

This will be a much tougher game than last time.

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

It will, but we have a good record at FB, barring the George Clyde refereeing masterclass I previously mentioned.

I think we'll sneak it, but it's gonna be dull as f**k from now on if every game is an attritional battle against packed defences.

We did see a little of that in Q1 and it was very noticeable that Miller in particular swept the ball around the front line first time rather than control, check back, stand and wait, go backwards. When he got injured we were still good, but less direct and with less pace of play. 

I hope he has just come back at the right time here. He also is very good at timing his appearances at the back post. I suspect McIvers drop off in goals will be somewhat related to that. 

Eta The other obvious point is Miller is better on the left than Agyeman, who moves infield and is better in there than anyone else we have, which also helps McIver in bit getting isolated. 

Edited by Bairnardo

1 hour ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Hopefully not any doubt of thus game going ahead with the incoming storm. Met office changes constantly with what they expect to happen in Stirling area.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Stirling is meant to be one of the best grass pitches around so good chance it will make it.

Forthbank is indeed one of the best pitches around, we are so lucky to have a Groundsman/Groundsteam that keep it to a fantastic standard. We've had awards for the pitch and it has been voted best pitch in Scotland previously. HOWEVER....we are subjected to the elements and if it's ice/frost then we do have a historical issue with the Morrison's End goal mouth not thawing enough due to the angle of the sun and the surrounding wall, so if the forecast is snow and ice then it could be in doubt (I don't do weather forecasts so have no idea).

I really hope the game goes ahead, it's occasions like this that were missed when we were in League 2 for all those years. 

2 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Of course i could but I'm not made of money......

I'm looking forward to the game but not so much I want to pay twice.

No, no-one would.

doesn’t make sense when it’s doubtful we will fill the West Stand AND the terracing

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I know it’s unlikely to be a dismantling, just doing my bit to annoy the natives.

21 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We took about 800 to the Alloa game so allowing for the novelty of our first game at Stirling for a few seasons plus our continuing good form I reckon that we'll have about 1,100 - 1,200 at the game.

Game was live on BBC, we usually take between 1,000-1,500 to Alloa. Reckon for the novelty of not going to Stirling for ages coupled with our good form we will have over 1,500 there and close to selling out 

Falkirk are strong favourites given their status as a full-time team and I think most Binos would be happy to take a point. But you just never know.

Id prefer to see Moore start as he’ll give us an attacking option on the right and a good crosser of the ball.

Set pieces may be our best chance of finding the net.

Predict 5-1 to the home side