Spectacular

Richey Edwards

10 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

This qualifying campaign has been spectacular. Full of absolute heroic performances.

What a fucking team.

Bit of a stretch.

Heroic at home against Spain. Poor in Norway, but for a crazy couple of minutes.

Competent elsewhere.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bit of a stretch.

Heroic at home against Spain. Poor in Norway, but for a crazy couple of minutes.

Competent elsewhere.

Pulling that win out of the bag at Norway was the perfect illustration of a heroic performance though. Heroic doesn’t have to mean the same as a brilliant performance.

Pulling two goals out the bag as late on in the game as we did, not letting out heads drop or giving up. That was definitely a heroic performance. 

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Pulling that win out of the bag at Norway was the perfect illustration of a heroic performance though. Heroic doesn’t have to mean the same as a brilliant performance.

Pulling two goals out the bag as late on in the game as we did, not letting out heads drop or giving up. That was definitely a heroic performance. 

Had something similar happened against us, we'd have been bemoaning the outrageous luck of our opponents, not pointing to their heroism.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Had something similar happened against us, we'd have been bemoaning the outrageous luck of our opponents, not pointing to their heroism.

We’ve had arguably better players down the years who never managed to get to a major tournament. Let’s saviour this moment. 

My concern is that we still miss a real cutting edge up front in terms of a regular goal scoring striker that the stronger nations mostly have. 

Is there still time to unearth a 16 year old Scottish version of Rooney or Owen? 😂 

Maybe Dykes and Adams will turn full Zlatan before the Euros!

At least we know one thing for sure….there will be no Haaland in Germany in the summer! 😝 

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bit of a stretch.

Competent elsewhere.

Some people just love to suck the joy out of everything.

On last nights showing it’s perfectly possible we absolutely pump Morway at Hampden next month, I hope we do & every single squad member & backroom staff get a hero’s reception at full time from a rocking Hampden crowd. 

28 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Some people just love to suck the joy out of everything.

On last nights showing it’s perfectly possible we absolutely pump Morway at Hampden next month, I hope we do & every single squad member & backroom staff get a hero’s reception at full time from a rocking Hampden crowd. 

I imagine they’ll get that reception before the game! Obviously at the end too, regardless of the result. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Competent is a massive upgrade on the previous decade.  

Absolutely.  I'm old enough to know this.  I wish people would stop telling me blindingly obvious stuff.  I'm delighted that we've qualified and it's been a very successful campaign for us to do so this early.

Competent isn't heroic though.

That's all.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

At least we know one thing for sure….there will be no Haaland in Germany in the summer! 😝 

They still have a possible play off spot available to them if they remain in third & other results go their way, so he may yet be there but if they play like they did last night I wouldn't hold out much of them getting there

Edited by HighlandWarrior

43 minutes ago, Molotov said:

We’ve had arguably better players down the years who never managed to get to a major tournament. Let’s saviour this moment. 

My concern is that we still miss a real cutting edge up front in terms of a regular goal scoring striker that the stronger nations mostly have. 

Is there still time to unearth a 16 year old Scottish version of Rooney or Owen? 😂 

Maybe Dykes and Adams will turn full Zlatan before the Euros!

It's going to take till their all retired until some of you lot realise just how high quality the players we have now are.  not since the 1970's when we we're full of European cup & English league winners did we have such strong collection of players.  the majority of the squad play regularly in the EPL, the strength & depth of that league is like nothing that has ever been seen before. the level of technicality, professional discipline, athleticism etc is like another sport compared to the 1970's.  

The manager rightly deserves a huge amount of credit for how far on he's brought this squad. Strachan or leveign would have us going into the last game scrapping for 3rd & a play off before failing no doubt.  But the success of this team is because we have better players.