Tarts Vs Celts - Sunday 14:15

6 hours ago, DoingThe42 said:

Had the option of a free ticket today to go to this, but decided not going was the right answer. These games just aren't interesting.

Broader point about Hearts is that Naismith shouldn't be there and there really needs to be a real manager there. I think the fixtures up to the winter break will finish him off, and long-term that's the best outcome for Hearts.

I was also offered a free ticket for the game and declined on the basis a 200 mile drive with my kids in the back would be more unpredictable and fun. I was right.

We've now reached the point where I'd need to be paid to go to a home game against Celtic. It's just so boring.

On the broader point, I agree. Hearts need an experienced manager who realises we're unlikely to master the possession-based football Neilson and now Naismith are trying to instill.

I'm not advocating hoofball, but a little realism wouldn't go amiss.

Playing a midfield with basically three wingers against Celtic was foolish. Not quite at Snodgrass v Rangers levels, but still poor decision-making from "the management team".

12 hours ago, AJF said:

I think it’s more about who initiates the contact, which is clearly Kyogo in this instance. I don’t think the Hearts boy can do much to avoid the contact at all. I wouldn’t have deemed Kyogo in possession of the ball either but I’m not sure what the laws say about that kind of stuff.

Its a 50/50 ball, kyogo got there first, if there's any contact (only seen the one dodgy angle) then its a foul 

What you will notice across a season though is that a lot more attackers get this foul than defenders

23 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Its a 50/50 ball, kyogo got there first, if there's any contact (only seen the one dodgy angle) then its a foul 

What you will notice across a season though is that a lot more attackers get this foul than defenders

Yeah tbh it's hard to blame the ref as Kyogo is a master at anticipating these sort of things. Again the VAR guy is put in a hard place as the ref hasn't made a clear and obvious error so  shouldn't really go against him. Having said all that I personally feel Kyogo has little in intention of controlling the ball and more intent on getting contact so it isn't a penalty for me. Parts of football are so subjective though I don't know how you go about writing the rules about stuff like this. 

Edited by gannonball

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yeah tbh it's hard to blame the ref as Kyogo is a master at anticipating these sort of things. Again the VAR guy is put in a hard place as the ref hasn't made a clear and obvious error so  shouldn't really go against him. Having said all that I personally feel Kyogo has little in intention of controlling the ball and more intent on getting contact so it isn't a penalty for me. Parts of football are so subjective though I don't know how you go about writing the rules about stuff like this. 

Aye. I think that’s the most difficult part, is interpreting when a player becomes ‘in possession’ in situations like this. 

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I agree with this. When I watched the game yesterday I thought it was never a foul. Having seen it back, there's wee bump in the back of Kyogo's leg. I'm still not convinced it's enough for a foul, I think when you slow these things down so much they always look worse. But it's not the horrendous decision I thought it was at the time. I wonder had Nick Walsh not given the foul, would VAR have called him to the monitor. 

Since its inception, football has been a contact sport. Contact does not automatically equate to foul, something that has been largely forgotten in the modern age, particularly by soft or gullible match officials, not to mention Celtic fans.

Now we have players such as Kyogo taking advantage by simulating or exaggerating the effect of minimal or no contact. There is no way that Cochrane's brush against Kyogo's leg forced him to the ground and it is highly unlikely that Hearts would've been awarded a penalty if that incident had occurred at the other end.

Kyogo cheated every bit as much as Villa's Zaniola with his non-existent head injury forcing a stoppage in yesterday's EPL match against West Ham. It annoys the f*** out of me why such an otherwise talented player feels compelled to throw himself to the ground so often.

That penalty incident may not have affected the outcome, but some of the comments on here amply demonstrate that Celtic fans simply can't comprehend that they and their ugly sister from Govan benefit from totally different refereeing than that applied to the diddy clubs.

38 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Since its inception, football has been a contact sport. Contact does not automatically equate to foul, something that has been largely forgotten in the modern age, particularly by soft or gullible match officials, not to mention Celtic fans.

Now we have players such as Kyogo taking advantage by simulating or exaggerating the effect of minimal or no contact. There is no way that Cochrane's brush against Kyogo's leg forced him to the ground and it is highly unlikely that Hearts would've been awarded a penalty if that incident had occurred at the other end.

Kyogo cheated every bit as much as Villa's Zaniola with his non-existent head injury forcing a stoppage in yesterday's EPL match against West Ham. It annoys the f*** out of me why such an otherwise talented player feels compelled to throw himself to the ground so often.

That penalty incident may not have affected the outcome, but some of the comments on here amply demonstrate that Celtic fans simply can't comprehend that they and their ugly sister from Govan benefit from totally different refereeing than that applied to the diddy clubs.

Head Pat Smile GIF by The Swoon

2 hours ago, Squonk said:

I thought Cochrane MIGHT have stood on Kyogo' s foot but apparently there is no relevant clip to show one way or the other.

Kyogo' does look as though he is ready to dive and has the pained look on his face already

I'm no really bothered about the penalty, personally i thought it was one at the time, I'm less convinced seeing it back.  

It's always all the wee things.  Johnston avoiding a textbook yellow in the 1st minute.  Vargas getting so frustrated after clearly winning the ball he reacts and gets booked.  Sibbick getting booked for a nothing foul, his first.  These always go the way of Celtic and Rangers and it's just annoying.

None of that matters in context of the result, we were mostly terrible, especially defensively

11 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'm no really bothered about the penalty, personally i thought it was one at the time, I'm less convinced seeing it back.  

It's always all the wee things.  Johnston avoiding a textbook yellow in the 1st minute.  Vargas getting so frustrated after clearly winning the ball he reacts and gets booked.  Sibbick getting booked for a nothing foul, his first.  These always go the way of Celtic and Rangers and it's just annoying.

None of that matters in context of the result, we were mostly terrible, especially defensively

They don’t always go our way though especially as Tynecastle which we could get into however like all fans we tend to be blinkered by the ones that don’t go our way

All valid points in regards to the pen. When I seen it in real time I thought it was soft. If Kyogo gets a touch on the ball before he goes down then it’s more clear cut. 
The way I see it on the slow-mo is that Kyogo gets to the ball first, he then anticipates the challenge from Cochrane directly at his back, pushing his weight for impact, however Cochrane comes through side-on throwing him off balance (bearing in mind this all happens at pace).

It’s a difficult one to call and I don’t subscribe to this Celtic get all the decisions nonsense. 

13 hours ago, Portmahomack Saint said:

After this weekend's games it's plain to see that only Stmirren are capable and able to stand up to the arsecheeks to break their monopoly of Scottish football,  They know we are a threat which probably explains all the dodgy penalties they get against us and ridiculous red cards.  

So as we all can't stand them I'm suggesting the other diddy teams should make their best players available to us on loan in the January window, as we just don't have to be better than them to beat them, We have to be MUCH MUCH better than them to offset all the dodgy decisions they both get....

So in January we'll take Shankland from Hearts, and from Hibs and Aberdeen we'll take eh eh eh  :unsure2:  

Did Deadco not skelp St Mirren just a few weekend ago?