⚫️⚪️Queens Park vs Partick Thistle🔴🟡 Friday night football

Unless my quick skim over the head to head has missed something, we’ve not beaten Thistle in a competitive match on the south side of Glasgow since 1948. Obviously not played each other that frequently and other factors, but 75 years feels excessive. 

Taking my dad along to this one for his first game in about 15 years, so looking foward to it from that point of view. 

What I'm not looking forward to is (with injuries etc) how we're going to line up. The midfield has been powderpuff the last few games (barring the Dunfermline game) and hasn't really offered any support to the defence. I love Banzo and he's done a hell of a lot for Thistle as a club but he needs dropped I reckon, who for though is a frightening thought... I don't reckon Williamson would do a better job and Stanway, after a brilliant start to the season, has went off the boil a bit (granted he's only 19). The defence give me the absolute fear.

Predicting a scrappy 2-1, BBG with both goals. 

I really don’t understand why people want Banzo dropped.

he had to do two guys jobs last weekend because McInroy didn’t show up. 

he often passes back the way because those in front of him don’t offer much in the way of options. 

the same can be said for sneddon distribution. They can only work with what’s in front of them. 

would rather Bannigan passed it backwards to retain the ball then what McInroy (and robinson) done on Saturday and gave the ball away I. The centre circle. Bannigan isn’t responsible for people around him not moving into a space. 

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

No cash gate in a stadium that holds 50K.

I'll keep my £20 thanks.

If you're struggling with the online system, give the club a call and I'm sure they'll sort you out with a ticket over the phone. Not sure (m)any clubs at this level offer PATG now regardless of ground capacity.

15 minutes ago, Anonymous Spider said:

ANd caN VeLdMAn CLaiM hIS PrIZE FoR DRessINg uP as A ManaGEr?? Etc. etc. 

https://queensparkfc.co.uk/queens-park-v-partick-thistle-spooky-surprises-from-sodexo-at-hampden/

I'm assuming, (i.e. hoping) this is aimed at kids?, if so, can someone explain to me the wisdom/point of publishing this at 1430 on the afternoon of the match?

Right, changed my mind and am calling this.  

Veldman has had an epiphany/knock to the head and he's going 3-4-2-1, with Reid and Bannon at the back, Robson and MacPherson either side of Spong and Thomson in the middle, Thomas and Turner cutting in and back for Paton up front.....the genius of his new approach will be a reborn, rejuvinated.Charlie Fox who will be playing the part of a late-eighties Gullit-style Libero, rampaging forward, causing chaos and netting his first brace of the season.  

Who's in?

4 hours ago, an86 said:

Unless my quick skim over the head to head has missed something, we’ve not beaten Thistle in a competitive match on the south side of Glasgow since 1948. Obviously not played each other that frequently and other factors, but 75 years feels excessive. 

League Cup match in the late 1970s / early 1980s??? 

I thought that we were the top boys for changing match days but Dundee United have had theirs moved to "celebrate" their name change from Dundee Hibs. We'll need to up our reasons for changing game days.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

7 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I thought that we were the top boys for changing match days but Dundee United have had theirs moved to "celebrate" their name change from Dundee Hibs. We'll need to up our reasons for changing game days.

Just stick to changing stadiums for now...

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

League Cup match in the late 1970s / early 1980s??? 

League cup 2nd round 2nd leg, 30/8/80. You probably recall it as a win due to Alan Irvine’s goal but unfortunately Thistle equalised then spent the rest of the game passing the ball back to Alan Rough.

5 minutes ago, harlowspider said:

League cup 2nd round 2nd leg, 30/8/80. You probably recall it as a win due to Alan Irvine’s goal but unfortunately Thistle equalised then spent the rest of the game passing the ball back to Alan Rough.

A moral victory. 

1 hour ago, Spider1975 said:

Right, changed my mind and am calling this.  

Veldman has had an epiphany/knock to the head and he's going 3-4-2-1, with Reid and Bannon at the back, Robson and MacPherson either side of Spong and Thomson in the middle, Thomas and Turner cutting in and back for Paton up front.....the genius of his new approach will be a reborn, rejuvinated.Charlie Fox who will be playing the part of a late-eighties Gullit-style Libero, rampaging forward, causing chaos and netting his first brace of the season.  

Who's in?

I'm in only if Fox has late-80s Gullit-style hair.

Reason tells me that the only change from last week will be Reid in for Tizzard. Who knows what surprises Veldman might spring though, and frankly who cares, as long as it works?