Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

13 hours ago, Loemba90 said:

Should be a good game, probably the two best teams that I’ve seen play Utd this season.

Dunfermline at Tannadice were impressive and Utd were grateful for a very late goal to take a point.  Pars fans made a big deal about missing half their first team for that game, not sure if those players are now back but they don’t seem to have improved since then - though if Benedictus is also now injured then that will be a big loss as he was excellent against Moult.  Raith Rovers played pretty well at home to Utd couple weeks ago and I thought they had better attacking players than Dunfermline.  

I think home advantage will swing it, 2-1 to Raith.

2-1 will do me.

Just checking back and the last time I was at Starks for a league win over the Pars was 2016 when Gary F Locke was in charge.

I was there for the Scottish Cup 3-0 Vaughan hat-trick game in 2019.

Covid robbed me of the chance to be at Starks for the league 5-1 pumping in 2021.

Edited by Scary Bear

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye this could be a shagging. At a wedding so thankfully missing it. 

If you're going to a wedding and not looking for a shagging you're probably doing weddings wrong, unless you're the groom in which case, my condolences. 

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Why are you boasting about 2400 ticket sales and hoping for 3000?  The first should have been comfortably covered by season tickets and the later only takes at worst a small number who would turn up for any game.

Not like the Pars supporters to indulge in a wee crowd w**k...

On 22/10/2023 at 01:29, Salvo Montalbano said:

3-0 Rovers, wee team fans to get all excited before their season fizzles out over the winter.

What are the guest pies going to be? 

14 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Can’t remember heading in to a game against the Wee Team less arsed and expecting a hiding at the same time. 

Although it’s always darkest before the dawn, and all that…

Still seems a bit too early for Bene unfortunately. Badly need him back. 

13 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Expecting a doing here.

13 hours ago, HoBNob said:

Aye this could be a shagging. At a wedding so thankfully missing it. 

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Could benefit us that Raith are massive, massive favourites here and we get away with a narrow defeat. 

Come on City boys, you're starting to sound like Falkirk fans with all this "Rovers are big favourites" pish.

Both sides likely to be missing key players through injury and there has been a bawhair between the teams in both games so far. Expecting a tight affair as usual in the Championship.

36 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Come on City boys, you're starting to sound like Falkirk fans with all this "Rovers are big favourites" pish.

Both sides likely to be missing key players through injury and there has been a bawhair between the teams in both games so far. Expecting a tight affair as usual in the Championship.

I'd not back us to beat Morton or Caley based on last 2 performances so definitely fearing the worst playing 2nd in the table away from home!

As said it’s hard to be too confident until we know the full injury picture. Watson, Matthews, Corr and Thomson seem certainties to miss out. That leaves Murray, Millen, Byrne, Easton, Gullan and Hamilton that missed our last game or went off injured during it. If the first 4 from that list make it, I’d be a lot happier. Hamilton even as an option off the bench would be a huge boost too.

Dunfermline have their injury problems too and McPake will be desperate to see a reaction after back to back defeats. I expect they’ll be much improved from the weekend.

I do think we have a better squad than Dunfermline this season but that’s also been true the last 2 seasons we’ve shared a league and it’s not exactly guaranteed success in these games.

Both games have been close this season so far and I expect this will be similar. I am rarely confident ahead of a derby so I’ll go for a 1-1.

13 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Couple of defeats and suddenly we’re just shite. Following a couple of wins where everyone had us pushing for the Top 4.

No matter how much football changes, fans will remain as fickle as ever.

Yeah. We’re going through a rough patch, but we’re still the same team that did well at Tannadice and Hampden. We’re also still the same team that put in a fantastic performance against Morton a month ago. McPake has a fair bit of goodwill and nobody is going to be calling for his head in the next few weeks. But it’s a real test for him right now. First time we’ve lost back to back games under his leadership, but it’s more the manner of the defeats that has been so alarming.

Let’s not lie, Rovers are one of the better teams in this league and we’ll have to rediscover our best form, if we want a result here. I was hoping the long break would have seen us come back refreshed, but Saturday was just awful.

If I’m being honest, I’m kind of at the stage that I just want Todd, Benedictus and KRH back, before I can really be confident in this team ahead of a game. Their consistency and energy will be crucial once they’re back to fitness. We’ll put in the odd good performance and get the odd good result before then. But we’re starting to see why those players are so important to us. We certainly could have done with Bene’s leadership on Saturday. But the players shouldn’t need any motivation for this one.

These games are usually tight affairs and not expecting anything less on Saturday, regardless of Dunfermline's recent defeats. From our end a lot hinges on who's fit. Unless Murray has mentioned anything about injuries (if he has I've not seen it) then it's either to not give anything away to the opposition camp or things are bleak and he doesn't want to give fans bad news in the build up to the game. I'm leaning more towards the latter.

I think the main difference with the injuries is that we don't really look like scoring many even when everyone is fit, whereas we look like we're going to give up chances even if one or two key players are out or just not on it. Even against a makeshift backline, we won't be scoring many goals. At the other end though, even semi competent players look like they will get joy. That's my reasoning for being so pessimistic at the moment.

I really enjoy a Raith away day so looking forward to it regardless, however if we don't get our sh*t together it could be a long 90 minutes. Due to a number of things I've only seen us in the flesh twice this season, opening day against Airdrie which was a decent win with a bare bones squad, then that 3-0 defeat to Thistle a couple of weeks back. Going by that game and the defeat to Ayr on Saturday, we look very much like the Championship team that seen us relegated under Peter Grant and Yogi.

Back to back defeats for the first time in McPake's time in charge which he will have to manage along with the staff, however, I don't feel we're all of a sudden a bunch of gutless shi*ebags. Couple of poor weeks but before that everything was going just fine. Unfortunately I think this will still be to soon for Bene, Matty and Kane so the rest of the team are going to have to stand up and be counted.

Hoping for a big crowd and a decent game. Head says Raith, they are favourites going on form and league position but heart says we can beat anyone in the division on our day regardless of recent performances.

5 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Two things I want to see this weekend. A win against Dunfermline and for Rovers to finally get the timing right on entering the field to that Red Hot Chilli Peppers song. Everyone knows where in that intro it should be. Yet to happen though. 

What chillis song is it? Can't Stop?

On 23/10/2023 at 09:33, Double Jack D said:

Yup, Pars going full Falkirk, never go full Falkirk.🤣🤣