Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

3 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

Yeah, I'm not a fan of bumping the prices for certain games, at this level £20 across the board should be the max.

Here’s the problem…that £20 level has been bandied around for a number of years, but based upon the inflation rate, a £20 ticket in 2019 is a £24.20 ticket today. In 2001, a £12 ticket would be the same as a £24 ticket today…do you have the price then? 1984, a £6 ticket is £24 today…1980 would be £4…1976 would be £2.40.

Maybe a better comparison is the 94-95 season…yes, it was top level football, but what was a ticket? The multiplier is about 2.4, so a £10 ticket would be £24 today.

However the game goes on Saturday, it’s really positive to see a Fife derby with a good crowd in.

My experience of matches at Starks tells me it will not be a technically pleasant match but we just have to see a better level of performance. I’d obviously take a positive result but play shite but last two games have been concerning.

Seems McPake is mulling over whether to risk Bene and I think he really should. A real shame that neither Todd or KRH will make it back in time but not unsurprising.

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Maybe a better comparison is the 94-95 season…yes, it was top level football, but what was a ticket? The multiplier is about 2.4, so a £10 ticket would be £24 today.

Neither Rovers nor Dunfermline were in the top tier in 1994/95.

18 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Nah, not having that. Firhill wasn't great but in the first half it was quite even, we created several chances and we were still in the game until the keeper chucked one in. We then only had one player with any experience to bring on to change the game and we crumbled as a result. Against Ayr was ten times worse - we looked disorganised, created very little and had enough players on the bench to make changes but just didn't ever get going. I know Thistle won by more, but Ayr was by far the worst of the two performances IMO.

Call it whatever you want mate, still two utterly pathetic performances. At Firhill, yes we were still in it until Sharp chucked one in, yes we should have had a penalty but we weren't playing well and every time Thistle crossed into our half I thought they could score.

I was fortunate enough to miss the game last weekend so I can't comment, I haven't even watched the "highlights". Still, I think the original point I was making, we've had two below par performances, something we've not had a lot of under McPake, and thus being the reason why the excitement for tomorrow from our end isn't as big as it could be.

Elsewhere, McPake mentions Bene could potentially be involved as has trained this week but it's a decision for today/tomorrow morning. Summers got a dead leg in the Ayr game, hopefully he plays. Todd, KRH and Tod still out but the first two making big improvements.

Edited by The Toun Clock

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Here’s the problem…that £20 level has been bandied around for a number of years, but based upon the inflation rate, a £20 ticket in 2019 is a £24.20 ticket today. In 2001, a £12 ticket would be the same as a £24 ticket today…do you have the price then? 1984, a £6 ticket is £24 today…1980 would be £4…1976 would be £2.40.

I went to my 1st away game in 1982 at Firhill, was 50p to get in.

Based on recent performances I fear for my beloved Pars. I can only hope that the boy’s confidence isn’t too badly bruised. 
The team know that playing Rovers is very important to us fans, and I’m sure they’ll give us their level best on the day. Down side is Rovers will have the same mindset, and their fans will turn up in numbers to see the expected result their recent performances would suggest. 
Regardless of the result and crowd numbers, Rovers will always be the wee team, so GIRFUY, and COYP 😁

19 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Based on recent performances I fear for my beloved Pars. I can only hope that the boy’s confidence isn’t too badly bruised. 
The team know that playing Rovers is very important to us fans, and I’m sure they’ll give us their level best on the day. Down side is Rovers will have the same mindset, and their fans will turn up in numbers to see the expected result their recent performances would suggest. 
Regardless of the result and crowd numbers, Rovers will always be the wee team, so GIRFUY, and COYP 😁

^^^ trying too hard

Going by Fanbase looks like there’s been a late rally for tickets. One section of the south stand completely sold out and pars looks to be bringing a big crowd.

Was 4700 odd the other day and looks like it might get between 5500-6000 which is good. Not quite the 6808 against United however.

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Going by Fanbase looks like there’s been a late rally for tickets. One section of the south stand completely sold out and pars looks to be bringing a big crowd.

Was 4700 odd the other day and looks like it might get between 5500-6000 which is good. Not quite the 6808 against United however.

I'd suspect the bottom rows of the North Stand will be unavailable as will the good majority of the section nearest the railway stand as pretty much all the seats are broken. Decent turnout none the less. 

As for the game. I'll plump for a draw. Dunfermline looked not bad in the league cup game and didn't look a team down to the bare bones at the game at the KDM Stadium. Always close games. 1-1, preferably with us getting the equaliser through a Ross Millen last minute goal at the North Stand end.