Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

Never been out a ground at full time n up the road quicker than that. Home quicker than most games at East End. 

Had a few beltin' Derby wins in my time. Unfortunately there isn't that real disdain for the Rovers that I wish there was but the manner of defeat and no really deserving to come away with nothing is sare enough. 

I swear Comrie gets 1 or 2 great chances every game, always gets in the right position but has zero ability to slot a ball away. Allan and Otoo were much more comfortable for us than the midfield in previous weeks, especially the first half I thought the passing was much better. Breen being out is a sore one as we'll have to reshuffle the team once again. I wouldn't change much for Friday night if possible, if everyone else is fit slot Otoo back to where Breen was and bring Hamilton into midfield. 

58 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If a few other players (Chalmers, cough) showed the fight and passion that Hamilton did we'd be in a better place. Also think he did well at centre back incidentally, kept us reasonably well organised and we didn't give up too many chances. 

I've said it a few times recently, but there are moments in games where an opponent steps off Easton when he's sizing them up and you can literally see it with Chalmers yesterday right before he absolutely ghosts past him. We'd barely had a sniff yesterday but all he needed was that one moment.

Then we got Stanton getting the break off the ball bouncing off the centre half when he turns them.

14 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’ve just been sent this. Apparently Dunfermline had this pinned up all over their training ground this week.

Perhaps McPake and his players should spend more time on trying to find a way to beat us than on worrying about our social media output.

C9A8963B-FCF9-470A-94E7-825CEAB2A0DD.jpeg

Hahahaha :lol:

Spoiler

8th place Dunfermline Athletic 

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Chris Hamilton will be waking up this Sunday morning cringing at himself for how he acted the day before.

I’m sure most of us are humble enough to admit - been there, done that.

Think Mcpake should be as well for his silly comments after the game but it was a sickener so no point holding it against him

42 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Well an enjoyable night in the big town and a miserable one in the wee City. On the game it was pretty much daylight robbery and Sam Stanton should be wearing a mask while doing that. Didn’t think either team played very great stuff but the Pars for me edged it and produced a few shots at big Kev, shout out to him for the double save as the other end must have thought they had a goal with those chances. We were pretty poor and resorted to far too many aimless hoofs up the park which is credit to the Pars frontline closing us down. 0-0 was probably the correct result but it’s so sweet to snatch a derby win in that fashion. How we have Sam Stanton I still don’t know, he’s clearly the best player on the park at this level and should be playing in the Premiership.  Great win keeps us in the chase for now but DUFC look destined for top spot. Pars down in 8th will be looking over their shoulder with wins for ICT and Morton but I don’t think they’ll finish bottom 2 this season. Can’t believe we’ve got Falkirk fans trying to gloat at a Pars loss after they rode Falkirk sideways last season, away back to your sandcastles.  

Totally agree, Sam Stanton rarely gets the plaudits he deserves.

Wasn’t his best game like most of the team yesterday but he’s SPL level no doubt. Hope we can tie him down to a longer deal.

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Think Mcpake should be as well for his silly comments after the game but it was a sickener so no point holding it against him

Losing to your local rivals in the last minute when you probably should have won is a stinker.

McPake’s post-match comments are often fairly salty and passive aggressive tbf.

25 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Losing to your local rivals in the last minute when you probably should have won is a stinker.

McPake’s post-match comments are often fairly salty and passive aggressive tbf.

Fair enough it was the first time I had paid attention to them, I would be the same tbf